Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-13-2017, 06:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

That would be awesome. Fingers crossed.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

I don't quite know where to put this, but for those who are interested in things like salaries:
Quote:
...For context, that’s more than the $750,000 fee Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel each secured for 2016’s Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life...
https://www.theringer.com/tv/2017/8/...iro-judge-judy
(I think the article is interesting, as is this, which doesn't mention Lauren.)
Old 08-23-2017, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the info.

That's the number we heard before I think.

But if you compare it, others really made more. For instance Claire Danes was as lower, but since she does more episodes (12 vs 4), it works out to more $.

All I know is it's a lot more money than I make! Haha.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I think you're right that we already knew that number, but I also found it interesting to make comparisons! And agreed that it's also a lot more than I make.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

I always feel kinda funny talking about actor's salaries. But it's not like we are digging for it. Lol.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow what a number! But yeah. I already knew the number tooof. Thanks for sharing.

New Topic... I know I mentioned that earlier but my Boss is a GG fan like Me. She adores Lauren too. So I gave her the Book TAFAIC and she gave it back to me a couple days ago. I asked her if she liked it and she turned around said. No! I loved it!

She had tears in her eyes. And then she said "I think Gilmore Girls is the best thing that ever happened in our all Lifes" so what do you think? I mean its a clear fact that She is right but does anyone in your Circles love that Show so much? It's lovely to see how other People feel connected to GG like you... it's magical. And I know for sure that's not over the Top. Sp please let's sharing our personal Stories which have something to do with GG! I have a very important and Special Story. But it's sad too. Do you have a story? Let's start!

Last edited by kathiLGfan; 08-25-2017 at 01:15 AM
Old 08-25-2017, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

That's great that your boss is a fan, Kathi!

I have one friend that watched the show as it aired originally like I did, and we would chat and squee over the latest episode together. It was nice to have someone to talk to about it. I watched the episodes as they aired with my mom, and I liked that as well. I was Rory's age as the show aired, so when Rory went off to college, I went off to college, so my mom and I couldn't watch together anymore but were still able to talk about it together (and were able to easily relate to much of it because Rory and I were the same age).

My best friend hadn't seen the show before but watched it all before the reboot, so she would text me reactions as she was watching, which was entertaining for me (she certainly wasn't happy when she got to season 6 ). We went to a Gilmore Guys taping together, which was a lot of fun. I have a guy friend who's watching the show now (he just finished season 1 and loves it). I know more and more people who have watched it since it first aired; I think it's really gained popularity. A lot of people I know were excited to watch the reboot, and it was great to have people to talk to about it.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

I watched it as it originally aired. I had known of Lauren from Townies and Caroline in the City, and the concept of a mom & daughter close in age was interesting to me.

I watched it with my (now-ex) husband. Around the start of season 6 (before the April reveal), I found the TWOP forum and started posting there. I got spoiled on the April storyline there, and it made me so anxious. Around the time L/L were going through their breakup, my own marriage was not doing well. I started reading L/L fanfic at this time, and the hope of L/L getting back together gave me something to believe in.

After the show ended I continued to post on TWOP and became friendly with people on there. In 2008 a few people from the board met up and took the WB tour in Los Angeles.

In 2009, a group of us from TWOP started an annual tradition of having our own meetup. We've met every year since (except 2016), always in a different location. A few people have come and gone, but a core of about 10 of us still meet up yearly. It started as a friendship based on GG, but has grown to so much more. I've gone to Europe with one of the girls who always wanted to go to Scotland. I've met another one a few times at Disneyland. And others have met up outside of our annual trip.

They're great friends and I'm glad I've gotten to know them. Of course we had lots to say about the revival, and we make GG references to each other all the time.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:56 PM
New Fan

My mom and sister are both huge fans of Gilmore Girls and Lauren. Now we're getting my niece into the show. She's only 1 but when she hears the theme song she stops what she's doing and runs over to dance. Then she'll sit and watch the whole episode.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore1221 (View Post)
My mom and sister are both huge fans of Gilmore Girls and Lauren. Now we're getting my niece into the show. She's only 1 but when she hears the theme song she stops what she's doing and runs over to dance. Then she'll sit and watch the whole episode.
That's so cute.

Christine, I love how your group has managed to carry on that tradition of traveling together every year and have stayed close for so long!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore1221 (View Post)
Cute!

Time to start the next generation
Old 08-27-2017, 04:28 AM
Loyal Fan

So grab your Kleenex and sit down if you want read this.

I started with GG when it came to Germany... the DVDS came out very late here. So I had to watch every single Episode! What I would have done anyway.

So it was the Pilot when my Mother came Home and said " No.. No... No!" I thought she would be angry because I watched TV and had much candy. But she was angry because I started to watch without Her!

We saw the Promotion for GG together and my mom was thrilled! So we decided to watch it together and make it to our Show. You know some bonding time...

As I said she cane home and the Show already started. I told her what happened and who everyone is. She said "Oh look there is your BuBu Girl" I was like "my What" and she told me the Story of my screaming Moment when Townies didn't come anymore. I was touched that She remembered. You know my mom wasnt a very good Mother... so let's go to the sad part.

My mom and I had a terrible relationship. We had fights and not many good moments. But for this 1 hour when GG was on we had a aleao a good Time.

One day it was the 6th season I came from School and My mom wasn't there... I called Her many times. The Episode was over... luke and Lorelai decided to wait with the wedding... I was already sad enough but then the Phone rings. It was my Dad. He told me to pack a back for my Mom. She is in the Hospital. I sang Where you lead during packing. My Dad came home and grabbed the Back and left again. I had no idea what was going on. I was nervous and scared.

Next Day. I came home from School. My Dad looked at me and told that my Mom Died. Cancer! They knew it for Months. Noboi told me. Suddenly I remembered that my Mother told me about a Friend who got sick. She had a Daughter and they had a terrible relationship.... My Mother told me OUR story. And I didn't realized that. She said " One day the Mom wasn't sure if she would see her daughter again" I told her "of course, she is her Daughter! " they can't be separated! Lorelai and Emily made it through too" and I had no idea that I was talking about my deepest Wish for our Relationship.

Since the day I got the News about my Mom, I never missed our stopped to watch GG. Because that's how I keep in Touch with my Mother! So nobody can stop me when it comes to GG!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

I'm so sorry, Kathi. I can't imagine that loss, but I'm glad you can watch GG and feel connected to your mom.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

I'm sorry Kathi. That must have been really hard.

Glad you were able to have time to bond over Gilmore Girls.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

Wow Kathi I'm so sorry for your loss.

And I think 750.000 USD per episode is not that much.

I started watching GG when it first aired on German TV. I think that was back in 2004. I had no clue who Lauren was although I had seen her in Townies. I enjoyed watching GG every day after university. I even recorded the episodes. One day I came across Lauren's first appearance on Ellen while waiting for my dad to finish his work and fell in love with her within those 10 minutes. I loved her crazyness and witty answers. I started posting on a German forum and read the GG thread on the spoiler board (crazy times). I also read the TWOP forum. I met a lot of people on this board and I'm thankful for that.