Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Elite Fan

Gilmore Girls Thread #15 - Is it November yet?

Gilmore Girls thread
*Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Netflix on November 25th, 2016, 12:01am PT*

The Gilmore Girls Companion book

Amazon.com: The Gilmore Girls Companion
getpostered.com

Revival News/Interviews:
First Teaser Trailer
TVLine: TCA Live Blog
TVLine: Collection of Revival Scoop
TVLine: Cast List
TVLine: Lauren Interview
"Alexis [Bledel] and I walked onto the set together and — I feel super emotional about a lot of it and I’m afraid I’m going to start crying at every turn — but walking onto that set really felt like something. It felt like a lot of time had passed and it felt like we were just there. It felt amazing."
TVLine: Kelly Bishop Interview
"I’m madly in love with Lauren — I was from practically the first day we said hi. It was just one of those situations where I was doing a really wonderful character with amazing writing with really good people."
TVLine: Amy Sherman-Palladino Interview Part 1
"Lauren and I have talked a couple of times over the years about, “Should we? Should we not?” We always knew it needed to be the right venue."
TVLine: Amy Sherman-Palladino Interview Part 2
"When the series first started, we picked up with Lorelai having this life in place and then something changed where she had to bring her parents back into the mix, which was basically going to start a whole new existence for herself. "

Previous thread

Seasons 1-7 recaps:
Season 1:

Season 2:

Season 3:

Season 4:

Season 5:

Season 6:

Season 7:

Previous thread
icon: Permanent_99

Last edited by valeposh; 10-18-2016 at 02:36 PM
Old 09-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
perfect title.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ele, do you have a link to the interview with David? Totally forgot that he was giving up acting before he got the part of Christopher. Did he say what it was that he and Lauren had done together before GG?
Here's a link to the interview: https://soundcloud.com/gilmore-guys/...s-a-gilmore-75

He said he tested with Lauren on a show called "Us" one year before GG started. I've never heard of the show before.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Val, and the interview link, Ele!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Lauren Graham Explains Why No One Hates The 'Gilmore Girls' Revival | Weird Wire! Seriously, I’ve only heard and read positive feedback about the revival. This is so refreshing in this day and age of the often dreaded social media. I could think of one reason that may have contributed to this - the return of majority of the cast members. There’s nothing more satisfying and exciting than to see the beloved actors reprising their original roles, characters that fans and critics alike have come to cherish and treasure. More so, there was no question about any salary issues and the like. It would seem that love and respect for the project were what drove the cast members to revisit Stars Hollow, especially since some of them may only be in it for a scene or two. They must really love each other’s company. And I can feel this as much.

Gilmore Girls: Why the reboot starts with Winter | EW.com

http://www.bustle.com/articles/18297...eir-boyfriends

Gilmore Girls' Alexis Bledel Teases Rory's Romantic 'Closure' - Us Weekly
Old 09-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the new links!!
Old 09-14-2016, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea (View Post)
Lauren Graham Explains Why No One Hates The 'Gilmore Girls' Revival | Weird Wire! Seriously, I’ve only heard and read positive feedback about the revival. This is so refreshing in this day and age of the often dreaded social media. I could think of one reason that may have contributed to this - the return of majority of the cast members. There’s nothing more satisfying and exciting than to see the beloved actors reprising their original roles, characters that fans and critics alike have come to cherish and treasure. More so, there was no question about any salary issues and the like. It would seem that love and respect for the project were what drove the cast members to revisit Stars Hollow, especially since some of them may only be in it for a scene or two. They must really love each other’s company. And I can feel this as much.
I completey agree, with you. Especially, the money part. It's just pure love for the show.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for those!
Old 09-15-2016, 03:20 AM
Elite Fan

Old 09-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I guess everyone of them was happy to be back! It must have been such an honor! Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

I love their themed videos.

I agree, it's wonderful that all those involved in the revival have such positive feelings about the show and about working on it together again. I really do think they're making something special, and they're aware of that. Their enthusiasm is exciting.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Their enthusiasm is exciting.
Exciting, and infectious!
Old 09-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls will be featured at EW PopFest On October 29th, with Amy and Dan appearing and sharing new footage.
http://ewpopfest.com/gilmore-girls
Quote:
Dreaming of a coffee date in Stars Hollow? Gilmore Girls creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and executive producer Dan Palladino will join us in conversation and reveal an extended sneak peak at exclusive footage from the four-part series revival, which will premiere November 25th on Netflix.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Fun!

I'm torn about wanting to follow the coverage. I want to wait to see actual footage until it airs.