Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-02-2016, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Gilmore Girls Thread #13 - They're back, and we're following where they lead!

Gilmore Girls thread

The Gilmore Girls Companion book

Amazon.com: The Gilmore Girls Companion
getpostered.com

Revival News/Interviews:
TVLine: Collection of Revival Scoop
TVLine: Cast List
TVLine: Lauren Interview
"Alexis [Bledel] and I walked onto the set together and — I feel super emotional about a lot of it and I’m afraid I’m going to start crying at every turn — but walking onto that set really felt like something. It felt like a lot of time had passed and it felt like we were just there. It felt amazing."
TVLine: Kelly Bishop Interview
"I’m madly in love with Lauren — I was from practically the first day we said hi. It was just one of those situations where I was doing a really wonderful character with amazing writing with really good people."
TVLine: Amy Sherman-Palladino Interview Part 1
"Lauren and I have talked a couple of times over the years about, “Should we? Should we not?” We always knew it needed to be the right venue."
TVLine: Amy Sherman-Palladino Interview Part 2
"When the series first started, we picked up with Lorelai having this life in place and then something changed where she had to bring her parents back into the mix, which was basically going to start a whole new existence for herself. "

Previous thread

Last edited by CohenGal; 04-01-2016 at 04:02 AM
Old 02-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah I hope the whole thing gets resolved soon. It sounds like some miscommunication I suppose. Which is a shame since, judging by her tweet, Melissa sounds very willing to be a part of it..
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 02-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

I didn't see this posted yet:
‘Gilmore Girls’ Spoilers: Rory’s Revival Love Life — Dean, Jess and Logan | TVLine
Old 02-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Part 2 of TVLine's interview with AS-P: ‘Gilmore Girls’ Spoilers: Rory’s Revival Love Life — Dean, Jess and Logan | TVLine

More news: https://cdanews.com/2016/02/two-more...etflix-reboot/
Old 02-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes I'm following!! Are you shocked that Melissa isn't a part of it? I'm not! I know it's sounds mean but they are trying to find a reason for Sookies absence for months!! Actually since the Gg revival rumor started
Old 02-02-2016, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

As much as I love a little drama, I think that tweet from Melissa was unnecessary. Let your people reach out to Amy and tell her you would make a cameo or that you don't have time for it - whatever - but tweeting about it and making it a public issue on the first day of filming? Naw.

And it's not like the revival is brand new information.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread and interview links!

This unfolding drama regarding Melissa is making me anxious.
I'm afraid TPTB may make AS-P re-write the scripts to add Sookie scenes if they see that Melissa is willing to come on board and that would be such a mess. Amy's already stated that this process has made her feel 100 years old...

ETA - I also agree with you, ele. Quite childish of MM.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-02-2016, 03:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shani313 (View Post)
judging by her tweet, Melissa sounds very willing to be a part of it..
That's what I thought too. It's such shame.

Maybe when ASP, said she spoke to Melissa's people, it never got through to her?
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

It seems Amy didn't want to deal with scheduling issues with MM, probably rightly so, therefore she didn't write her in from the beginning. Perhaps Amy also assumed Melissa's price would be too high.

But, Mike and Molly was recently cancelled, which possibly freed up some time for Melissa which also adds to her being upset that Amy gave up on her from the start.

Seems like not enough communication between both sides but in addition, some tv reporters also alluded a few days ago that there was some kind of feud between these two ladies...

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 02-02-2016, 03:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Who knows what happened there...but her Tweet showed me that money can change people! It's sounds really Hollywood from Melissa
Old 02-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Like I said, right now even if they have a short scene with Lorelai talking yo Sookie via FaceTime on her iPhone while in Luke's (just to annoy Luke) then I'll be happy. You can't have a major character like Sookie no be on the show. Also no word on Jackson (Jackson Douglas)?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

There is no doubt, GG has helped launch the careers of some of its stars. It seems it should be a no brainer for these stars to participate in its revival by any and all means if only for the fans. JMO. As much as I’m over the moon with excitement for the return of Stars Hollow, I’m equally dreadful of its arrival because my landlord doesn’t have Netflix. I’m counting on a DVD release. Hoping against hope.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

GAH! All of this information coming out is a combination of exciting & overwhelming at the same time! Thank you for all of the links & articles, etc. I can't freakin WAIT to see BTS pix of filming!

Oh, and please feel free to come join us over on the GG board to celebrate 800K posts! (link is in my sig )

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
some tv reporters also alluded a few days ago that there was some kind of feud between these two ladies...
Wait, I haven't read anything like that, do you have a link? My view on the subject is I refuse to judge because I'm not privy to what's really going on between those two and their communication, etc. I hope she's involved somehow, but if she isn't, there are enough characters I love who HAVE signed on that I'll be pleased to see again to compensate for that loss.

Last edited by Talula78; 02-02-2016 at 07:56 PM
Old 02-02-2016, 11:23 PM
Loyal Fan

No Melissa. I'll survive. I knew she's not coming back. Since she wasn't brought up in the Reunion....
Old 02-03-2016, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know Melissa is very busy and has no legal need to be there but I do also think it's somewhat disrespectful if she can't at least have some small part as GG was the show they made her a house hold name.