Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Ruby Rose Scarlet, I can't just stop watching something that I really enjoy just because I might not like what I have heard happens especially if there is someone in it that I really like. Started watching the show in the beginning because I liked Lauren Graham and fell in love with the show, too. I did have the advantage of not knowing what was going to happen because I watched the show when it was airing for the first time, but have been watching it on a constant loop on ABC Family since the beginning of 2005. Yes, there are some things that I wish hadn't happened, but there is still a lot of things in there that are really great to watch. I hope that you get the courage to watch the rest of the show soon, you are missing some great stuff.
I watched the show when it aired too and all I was saying was that whenever I marathon GG (which is constantly), I rarely rewatch the episodes after season 5. I love everyone on this show, they're like family to me, but to me there was a real drop in quality when Amy left and it's painful to watch the end of the show because I always end up feeling very frustrated and robbed (and I'm not talking about Luke/Lorelai, I'm talking about the characters themselves). I'm really sorry if my comment hurt you in any way. I love Gilmore Girls, it's so much a part of me and it's been for over 10 years.

I was very surprised and shocked to hear of Ed's passing. Kelly, Lauren and Amy's statements are really touching. My thoughts are with his family.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I watched the show when it aired too and all I was saying was that whenever I marathon GG (which is constantly), I rarely rewatch the episodes after season 5. I love everyone on this show, they're like family to me, but to me there was a real drop in quality when Amy left and it's painful to watch the end of the show because I always end up feeling very frustrated and robbed (and I'm not talking about Luke/Lorelai, I'm talking about the characters themselves). I'm really sorry if my comment hurt you in any way. I love Gilmore Girls, it's so much a part of me and it's been for over 10 years.
I actually agree. I do watch the whole series, but seasons 6 and 7 are plain painful. Lorelai and Rory are more often than not out of character, regardless of their love lives, and the storylines aren't interesting. (Anyone remembers The Great Stink? Or the whole episode spent wondering what the new name of the Dragonfly Inn street would be?)

Don't get me wrong. I know keeping the quality up for 100+ episodes isn't easy, and many (most) shows suffer the same fate GG did. And changing main producers mid-way through the run must be tough. But I don't think we should ignore issues with the show, as much as we may love it.
icon: Permanent_99

Last edited by valeposh; 01-01-2015 at 07:47 PM
Old 01-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Ruby Rose Scarlett, your comment didn't hurt me, I just didn't think that you watched the last couple of seasons because of comments that were made about it and I was just meaning that it is sad when people don't watch it all the way through just because of that. I am glad that you have seen it all the way through at least once. I do agree that, even with ASP in charge up through the end of 6, the show did get frustrating and lost some of it's appeal, but I don't think that I could ever not watch it from start to finish with every re-watch that I do, which is constantly. To each his/her own.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ruby Rose Scarlett, your comment didn't hurt me, I just didn't think that you watched the last couple of seasons because of comments that were made about it and I was just meaning that it is sad when people don't watch it all the way through just because of that. I am glad that you have seen it all the way through at least once. I do agree that, even with ASP in charge up through the end of 6, the show did get frustrating and lost some of it's appeal, but I don't think that I could ever not watch it from start to finish with every re-watch that I do, which is constantly. To each his/her own.
I agree, you have to watch the show from the start till the finish! Take the good episodes with the bad! When I first started watching, so many people said to me, season 7 is not as funny, it's lost it's way, etc etc so I was expecting it to be that way. That wasn't the case. I agree, it wasn't as good as previous seasons, and the first two episodes are hard to watch, but I still enjoyed it. I have some favourite episodes from that season. The only thing I didn't like about it, was not seeing Lorelai in Diner. That was a big part of her character, and it didn't feel right. I also love the beginning part of season 6. Although, I didn't like Lorelai and Rory not speaking, but so much Luke and Lorelai! Then April showed up, and ruined it all! But at least we had our favourite mother and daughter duo back together!
Old 01-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

I recently watched some episodes of season 5 on TV and on Amazon Prime and I think after years of being bitter about the end of GG I can finally enjoy the show again. I will still ignore the last two seasons but the first five are just too good to not enjoy them.

That being said, I don't want to see a movie without Richard Gilmore.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
That being said, I don't want to see a movie without Richard Gilmore.
I was thinking the same thing. Even though a movie has always been highly unlikely, now it'd be awful to see the show without Richard.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yay!!!!! Gilmore Girls has finally come back on ABC Family yesterday. It was last shown on Dec 16. That was a long time without the girls. Well, I have to admit that I was still watching everyday with my DVDs, can't go without them for that long.

Has anyone noticed that Allegiance with Scott Cohen will be taking Parenthood's time slot in Feb? Well, GG will in a way keep that time slot going.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

A quite in-depth interview with Ed Hermann from 2009 for the Gilmore Girls Companion book - https://gilmoregirlsbook.wordpress.c...ion-interview/

There's a link to the pdf file of the interview in that link.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks, Christine, for bringing that to our attention, especially for those who don't have the book. I have that book, I'll have to go through it again and read the stuff from Ed Herrmann again.

OT: I have been wondering for a while now if you were one of the gals who met Lauren in the alley when she was doing Guys and Dolls and was going into the back door or something when she was returning to the theater? Don't know why I started thinking about that actually about a year or so ago.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 01-08-2015 at 11:41 AM
Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

OT: I have been wondering for a while now if you were one of the gals who met Lauren in the alley when she was doing Guys and Dolls and was going into the back door or something when she was returning to the theater? Don't know why I started thinking about that actually about a year or so ago.
Nope, not me. I did meet her outside G&D at the regular stage door thingy. I went on the first official night after the "Opening Night" show with all the guests. I got a pic with her and her autograph after the show I saw. I went again the next day to the matinee, and waited again, but she didn't come out the regular door.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks, I can stop wondering about that now Remembered that you did go to see GaD and did get to meet her but, for some reason I was putting you with that story about these two gals who met her at the back door. Sorry she didn't come out that second time you were there. I am so envious of all who were able to go and see GaD and especially those who were able to meet her. Happy for them, though.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm comfort watching (like comfort food) my favourite season 1 episodes tonight. Rory's Dance, the Birthdays one and That Damn Donna Reed
Old 01-13-2015, 01:05 AM
Loyal Fan

Rorys dance has to be in the top 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls history!

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 01-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozza9294 (View Post)
Rorys dance has to be in the top 10 episodes of Gilmore Girls history!
It does! I love the contrast with Rory, Lorelei and Emily. One of the first times we see that Emily and Lorelei actually care very deeply about each other.