Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion 7.22 - Bon Voyage

7.22 Bon Voyage

Lorelai and Luke come to a new understanding, Stars Hollow throws a huge graduation party for Rory, and CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour guest stars in the episode titled "Bon Voyage."

Rory lands her dream job as a political reporter; Luke enlists the help of everyone in Stars Hollow to throw her a graduation party. Emily and Richard attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life. Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai. Early in the morning Rory leaves Star Hollow to start her career.

From Futon Critic

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

I cried and cried and cried but I really really liked it Amazing finale. I wasn´t satisfied with LL scenes which were too short but well, I can´t change anything. At least we know that they are together now. And Im happy that FND will continue, that was sweet Good bye Gilmore girls.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Master Fan

It was an awesome finale. It was really good. I didn't cry during the episode but I just cried when I heard the song Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve on the radio. That's when it hit me..

I thought the LL kiss could've been longer and I thought they could've shown the scene where he gave her the necklace, but well, just a small detail.

I sooooo loved the scene where Lorelai sat on Rory's bed and cried. That was an awesome scene. Also where they were ironing together. Awesome scene too. Plus Rory's speech which almost made Lorelai cry. That was good too.

I really think there were enough RL scenes. Really what the show was about and I'm glad we got to see this many RL scenes.

I also liked what Richard said to Lorelai. It's nice to know they sort of 'made up' too. And that FND will continue is a plus too. Good to know. Luckily Emily was her old self with saying no jeans

Ohh and I loved the last shot. Just like in the pilot. Loved it.. I though it would be a little different when Rory said she loved the necklace, I thought Lorelai hadn't told her about Luke yet and that Lorelai was gonna tell it there in the diner (cause in the pilot they also talked about guys) but that didn't happen unfortunately. But it was still a good scene.

Man Bittersweet Symphony really hit me

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Missing? a hug between R/L.

But yeah.. I knew there was going to be loads of R/L scenes and I was right. There's a first for everything

I cried through the whole thing. But I hate saying goodbye and there were just so many great scenes. When Babette is standing in the diner about to break into tears. I laughed and cried at the same time.

There were things I felt were not finished in a proper way but this is what we get so I am just going to be happy with it. And then cry some more
Old 05-16-2007, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Loved the finale. Loved the Lorelai/Richard and Lorelai/Emily scenes in it. I'm one of the rare L&L fans who actually didn't mind that they only had like 20 secs together in it. That could be because I got the ending to the show that I've always wanted.

The scene that killed me was the "It's too soon" scene.

Thanks for the memories all

Twitter: nlm78

Last edited by Nadine; 05-16-2007 at 05:56 AM
Old 05-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

I think it was the best GG since season five. I'm serious. Alexis acted her heart out and we haven't seen that since like season two. Honestly, a show hasn't moved me to tears since Everwood's finale, so I am very satisfied.

I get why some L/L fans are upset, but the episode was so good that I just can't criticize it. It hit all of the right notes IMO.

I have to say that I'm glad that the Rory/Logan stuff was resolved in the previous episode. It wouldn't have fit at all in the finale.

Okay, now to the good stuff: Lauren was magnificent. I wish I could accurately articulate just how good she was. Her face conveyed every possible emotion, and it was just so awesome to see she and Alexis connecting again. I feel like it's been ages since we have seen any quality scenes between the two of them.

I am going to miss seeing Lauren on my screen every week, because no matter what, it seemed like she always gave us something to admire, something to say, "Hey, that episode didn't suck because of the one scene where Lorelai...."

I'm thrilled that she asked for more emotion in the finale. I have a good guess what changes she suggested, but I would really like to hear from DR's mouth what they were.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

I've finally seen the episode and overall I must say I loved it. But I didn't get the diner talk between Luke and Lorelai. I mean did she really say she don't know what she wants and did Luke really meant that he's waiting for her or do I read too much into it?
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked the finale. I like the fact that it sent the characters in directions and that we know that in Stars Hollow life is still going on for our favorite characters.

I thought every performance was great. They can say that they didn't know if the show was coming back next year or not, but I have a feeling that the writers and the cast sensed that this was the last episode. Everyone brought their "A" game and I really appreciate it.

I thought that Lauren and Alexis were perfect together. I fell in love with this show, and as much as I love L/L, I have always loved the Lorelai/Rory relationship the best. Lauren and Alexis were connected tonight in every scene they were in. Thanks to them for giving me a few more L/R scenes to treasure.

And now for the Lauren gushing.......man, I don't know how she does it, but she brings something to every performance. She is just such a great actress, and Emmy or no Emmy, the small screen is losing one of the best actresses they have ever had. There is something about the way she can go from making you laugh out loud one second to having tears streaming down your face the next. And she does it while making it look almost effortless (which I know it is not). She does more with one facial expression than most do with pages of dialogue. She took Lorelai, who could have been an annoying character that grated on your nerves, and made her into the loveable, quirky, smart character that she is. Lorelai was the perfect fit for Lauren and vice versa. I am grateful that I have had the chance to watch Lauren bring Lorelai to life for the last 7 years.

So anyway, I am just thankful to the cast, crew, writers, and everyone else that made GG the show it was for seven wonderful years. I will forever be in their debt, for the show itself (which is my favorite), and for introducing me to the wonderful Lauren Graham. I will be a fan or hers forever.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Total Fan

okay I just watched it again! lol

I personally loved it. I found it to be a somewhat satisfying ending to a great show. I'll agree there was a lack of a real L/R moment. No hugs and kisses but I loved how they ended it the way the show started. That was def. tear jerking.

I also liked that FND will continue but still was hoping for a more sentimental moment btw L/E. But it was nice of Richard to commend Lorelai for what she's done with her life.

The part where I finally broke down was when Lorelai sat on Rory's bed while she slept and cried. OMG I fell apart. BC I personally could see my own mother doing that to me when I am finally ready to up and leave for good!!

I was content with the LL kiss. See to me they left alot to the imagination which is perfect. It wasn't too much but in some ways it also wasn't enough. I guess it was just right.

I totally think they all knew this would be the end. It just played out so well like that. And to end it like this but to bring it back for another season now just doesn't seem like it would have been right. It was a perfect way to end it.

I loved that all the characters were there (minus paris and mrs kim) but it still felt like an old GG episode. I will truly miss this show. I was sad (still a bit gloomy) but I am not as upset as I thought I'd be. I guess I've come to the realization (finally) that this show was meant to end and that everyone did such a fantastic job that I can only smile looking back at all of it. It was a great run. Not sure I'll ever get over it - heck I still watch old epi's of FRIENDS and beg for it to return lol!

and ELE how I took the diner talk when luke said which I can't quote word for word but wasn't it something like, "I've got all the time" or something...I think it meant that he was there and finally ready whenever she was. But that it was more of a way of saying that he's not going anywhere.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
and ELE how I took the diner talk when luke said which I can't quote word for word but wasn't it something like, "I've got all the time" or something...I think it meant that he was there and finally ready whenever she was. But that it was more of a way of saying that he's not going anywhere.
Yeah well, but why did she say she can't decide?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
Yeah well, but why did she say she can't decide?
The way I looked at it was this. The "I can't decide" didn't relate to their relationship it was a throwback to all the previous times she had been in the diner with Rory which was their bit they did with Luke. Luke's response thing was more that in the past he would have gone into a rant but now that he's changed he's not going anywhere and at that moment in time, they all had time.

Twitter: nlm78

Last edited by Nadine; 05-17-2007 at 03:31 AM
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okee, my thoughts on the finale and well GG ending in general. Not that this sums up all I am feeling, I am thinking there will be many many posts needing to be written to express my love for this show! I am copying some stuff I have already posted on the spoiler-thread, but well I am a LG-mark, so I feel right at place here

Ele, how I saw the Lorelai and not knowing what to get and Luke telling her she can take all the time she needs:

Quote:
I felt the 'take all the time you need' from Luke was more regarding this last moment Lorelai was having with Rory ... since before in that ep Lorelai spoke a few times about how it was too soon and she thought she would have more time. And well to me it just showed Luke gets Lorelai (again) and her need to have this moment while having this symbolic last breakfast at Luke's and this little game she has played so many times while being there with Rory (that we have seen played out many of times, it never bore me though) of not knowing what to order and all.
And more, I am referring to this review I absolutely loved loved loved: EW review GG finale

This was a post I made yesterday after having watched the ep only one time and after reading that EW review...

Quote:
Damn, I don't think I have ever loved an EW review more than that one, I even choked up a little while reading it ... HUH, weirdness ... just a fantastic review or one that comes so close with how I experienced this ep! I thought about qouting what I loved best from the review, but well it is pretty much the whole thing. I did especially love the Emily/Lorelai stuff ... and yeah the Lorelai visiting Rory's room ... and ... and well all really ...

The Richard/Lorelai bit was fantastic also ... I loved how Richard was almost gonna cry a little but than kind of looked away some ... and I loved loved loved how Lorelai said "Luke" right before he said how he loves to see her happy ... the way he said it I absolutely loved also. I am sure I will watch her say just that "Luke" many many times. A scene that will only last like 2 seconds, but so full of all kinds of emotions!

And there were so many Townies moments that were so great! I loved the Babette and Miss Patty stuff, I loved Luke and Zack standing up to Taylor and Kirk, how much am I gonna miss Kirk ... that look on his face (he sure was aware of the importance of his task with the lightbulb) ... will Sean Gunn ever get a part that will show his quirkyness (and I do believe SG is made for this stuff) like his part as Kirk?

So many things to love about this show ... and so many things I will definitely miss! But well I have 153 eps of a show that I totally, absolutely adore, one ep more than the other, sure, but in every ep I always had a few, and in some many, moments that I wouldn't want to have missed for anything, same goes for some storylines ... but all in all, so many hours of characters that I instantly fell in love with ... with all their flaws and messyness, but also with a realness I am afraid I will not see again ever on a TV screen! And yeah, back to those things I would have liked differently, to be fair I also got so many moments I never could have imagined I would get to see. Scenes, storylines, quotes, just a look, a smirk that were so brilliant (over all these years), so touching, so telling, so funny and yeah sometimes so annoying ...

I will miss this show, but I definitely love the fact of knowing that I have all these eps to look at whenever I feel like it!

Okee, this morning was too soon for me, but I am gonna watch the ep again now and I am pretty sure this time the tearswill come (And yep they came ... Lorelai watching Rory sleep was one that did it for me, Lorelai and Rory arriving at the party ... Richard/Lorelai moment, Emily trying to make sure she would still be seeing Lorelai and Lorelai mentioning the next FND got me goosebumps, Lorelai walking up to Luke (how fantastic was that scene!), Lorelai saying "Luke ..." and her expression with that ... Luke replying "I like to see you happy" ... etc. etc.)

I am sad this show has ended, but in a good way ... in a Damn, this was a great ride-way!

The only thing I won't miss on a wednesday, walking around in need of some sleep at work after getting up way too early for MY FAVOURITE SHOW EVER!!! Well, I am a hopefull person, maybe I will one day find another one ...
And well this is the LG thread ... I totally agree that woman can act ... if I have to pick the best thing about GG it will definitely be the portrayal of Lauren Graham of Miss Lorelai Gilmore! Again the way she can portray huge emotions with small gestures or just a slight change in facial expression is something that has blown me away time after time. And well, there was so much of that in the finale!!!

Nadine!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I felt the 'take all the time you need' from Luke was more regarding this last moment Lorelai was having with Rory ... since before in that ep Lorelai spoke a few times about how it was too soon and she thought she would have more time. And well to me it just showed Luke gets Lorelai (again) and her need to have this moment while having this symbolic last breakfast at Luke's and this little game she has played so many times while being there with Rory (that we have seen played out many of times, it never bore me though) of not knowing what to order and all.
I think it made perfect sence, blaab And I like it, so I take it as a true

Old 05-17-2007, 04:12 AM
Extreme Fan

hey guys! ich would really really like to see the episode, has it already been uploaded anywhere?? i would be really nice if you helped me!
bye
marie
Old 05-17-2007, 04:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Marie, follow this link and all will be rigth again

Here