Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion 7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only (March 6th)

Episode 7.17 - Gilmore Girls Only
Airdate: March 6th

Writer: David Babcock
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

The CW: LORELAI, RORY AND EMILY TAKE A ROAD TRIP / KATHY BAKER ("PICKET FENCES") GUEST STARS / LANE GIVES BIRTH TO TWINS - Lorelai (Lauren Graham) plans a road trip to North Carolina to attend the wedding of Mia (guest star Kathy Baker), the woman who took in Lorelai and Rory (Alexis Bledel) and served as a surrogate mother/grandmother for many years. Rory has a fight with Logan (Matt Czuchry) over his immature reaction to his business disaster, and agrees to go on the trip with Lorelai. Emily (Kelly Bishop) invites herself along in an effort to get away from Richard (Edward Herrmann), who is driving her crazy while he recuperates at home. At the wedding, Emily is upset by the close relationship Mia shares with Lorelai and Rory. Lorelai learns that Emily came to see Mia five years earlier to ask for pictures of Lorelai and Rory during the years they were estranged. Logan makes a surprise appearance and asks Rory to forgive him. Meanwhile, Lane (Keiko Agena) and Zack (Todd Lowe) ask Luke (Scott Patterson) to be the godfather to their twins. Finally, Lane goes into labor and Luke helps get everyone to the hospital. Sean Gunn also stars. Lee Shallat Chemel directed the episode written by David Babcock.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Master Fan

I liked the episode Although too bad they didn't use the old mia This was just weird, since she was like 10 years younger than the old one

But the episode was fun Loved the emily/lorelai scenes! The sorta boding things.
And lane finally giving birth!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Total Fan

yeah it was a cute episode.

I liked that they referenced back though to the time Emily saw Mia at the Inn and asked for pictures of the girls.

I liked how Rory finally stood up to Logan...and the scenes btw them weren't so boring!

Kirk always hilarous. Zach very cute. Lane finally had those kids!

And I loved the ending although I was getting teary eyed when Lorelai was talking about missing Rory when she's gone...although Rory's been technically outta the house for 4 years I guess if she got a job in NYC it would be alot different for them all.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

It was a cute episode for the most part. I loved the road trip idea!
Derek&Meredith · Sam&Addison · Will&Emma
Old 03-12-2007, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Mia looks younger 'cause she found the love of her life, look how much better Lorelai looks since dumping Chris, just wait till she gets back with Luke!

I like the ep also but it felt like it was missing something, why didn't Mia mention Luke. She knew Luke as a kid, years before Lorelai and we got nothing, I wonder if they will make any mention of the trip again?
Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

I agree Graig, it was strange that she didn't mention Luke at all.. like if the writers forgot that she knew him very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I liked that they referenced back though to the time Emily saw Mia at the Inn and asked for pictures of the girls.
Hmm, I didn't get this either - Mia was surprised that Emily didn't tell Lorelai that she went to her and asked for the pictures.. but why would she tell her? Emily asked Mia not to mention it to anybody before, didn't she?

Other than that, I liked this episode
Old 03-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well like Lorelai I think it was typical Emily not to tell about the meeting 5 years ago. And I don't think it was up to Mia to say anything.

Quote:
EMILY: That's funny. I would've wanted her to find someone who would send her home. I have to go. I'd appreciate if you didn't mention this to Lorelai.

MIA: I won't.

[Emily walks to the door, then stops]

EMILY: Do you have pictures, from back then?

MIA: I'll send you a box full tomorrow.

EMILY: Thank you.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

I finally got around to see the episode. took me and the stupid programm long enough

I enjoyed the episode.. altough it was sad that we didnt get to see the old mia.. I loved the old mia

but the whole trip to memory lane was cute. Lauren looked FANTASTIC in that dress.. seriously .. I loved her dress.. the hair ... the make up.. absolutely everything about her.

yeah it was a bit strange tho that they didnt mention luke at all..

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign