Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion 7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar (Feb 20th)

Episode 7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar
Airdate: February 20th

Writer: Rebecca Rand Kirshner
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

The CW: THE ROAD TO RECOVERY ─ At a Friday night dinner, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) works up the courage to tell her parents about the break-up of her marriage, but is derailed by their argument over the healthy meals and no-alcohol policy Emily (Kelly Bishop) has instituted to help Richard (Edward Herrmann) recover from his heart attack. Lorelai enlists Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) to bring Richard healthy but delicious meals, then helps Emily organize Richard’s business affairs. Over a shared bottle of scotch, Lorelai finally tells her mother about the breakup of her marriage. Rory (Alexis Bledel) attends an awkward birthday dinner for Logan (Matt Czuchry) with Mitchum Huntzberger (guest star Gregg Henry), who asks her to help him steer Logan in the right direction. Later, Logan receives disturbing news about the online company he purchased. Finally, Luke (Scott Patterson) shares his home with Liz (Kathleen Wilhoite), T.J. (Michael DeLuise) and their baby daughter while their house is being fumigated. Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star. (#2T7765).

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

That was the first episode this season which I really enjoyed. Huzzah for all the jokes !

Where's Aurora? Lol, that can be the next x file. The scene where Emily and Lorelai tried to find her cracked me up. And the nurse was so cool, finally someone who's equal to Emily.

The best scene was when Emily put her hand on Lorelai's shoulder. Finally! That was so sweet. Unfortunately she seems to only be kind to her daughter when she's drunk. *sigh*

Paris and Doyle doing yoga, lol. During that scene I imagined Lauren saying "yoga makes me mad."

Mrs. Patty and Babette's talk in the diner was classic GG style. Yeah, the hen belongs to the rooster, let's see how long it takes till they both recognize it. There were so many hints in that episode that LL will be a couple again soon. Emily mentioned that Lorelai can be married again, the hen/rooster talk, Liz and TJs discussion in Luke's apartement, Luke's view to the phone.

The whole FND was awesome, especially the fishy fish talk.

One last thing: Rory's name for the russian hat was so wrong, that cracked me up.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great episode..

The Aurora thing was really funny.. And Emily and Lor drunk together.. That was jut fine..

Looking forward to the next epi..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

The townies are back Finally! Although I miss Taylor

The emily/lorelai scene was sweet! Too bad it was only that night..

Did you see how Luke looked at the phone at the end? Let him call her! Let us have a LL scene next week!!

I loved this episode

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 02-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisetjuh1 (View Post)
Did you see how Luke looked at the phone at the end? Let him call her! Let us have a LL scene next week!!
Yeah let him call her. Although I would like when Lorelai makes the first step not Luke. And I still think it's too soon but I want some LL interaction.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Total Fan

yes I really enjoyed tonights episode esp. the opening scene with Doyle and Paris doing Yoga...CDFU! I love Paris.

And Kirk butting in on the conversation!

It was nice to see all of them. We just need Taylor and another town meeting to make it complete. It's been awhile.

And how cute was TJ w/ baby Dula?!

and the previews for next week are so funny, Mrs Kim "you didn't have your blinkers on and come to a complete stop!" gotta love the townies!
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

And Luke wears his blue cap again, whatever that means.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ele309
Unfortunately she seems to only be kind to her daughter when she's drunk. *sigh*
I agree with you Emily is only nice to Lorelai when she is drunk and I don't think that's cool. Emily needs to put all that crap behind and forget about its stupid stuff IMO life is to short to hold grudges.

I liked this episode its one of my fav's this season it had comedy and touching scenes like in the past. I missed all the jokes Amy used to have in the show,so I am glad David is starting to incorperate the dialouge that made the show great in the first place.
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 02-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

The best lyrics scene was the one from the preview between Miss Patty and Babette.. But you're right.. I miss the town meetings too..

And I'm soo looking forward to have an LL scene next week.. at least I hope there'll be one..

Have to watch the preview..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

I loved the episode ... i was soo good to see miss patty and babette talking .. hehe and funny with all the nicknames and remarks and stuff.. did miss patty loose some weight?

I loved the interaction between Emily and Lorelai... I really loved how emily threated Lorelai.. well .. l agree with you that she only seems to be like that when she is drunk

I dint really care for the whole Rory stuff....

Loved how everyone is saying that LL belong together... and I loved how luke looked at the phone by the end of the episode

also loved what his sister said about LL

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-22-2007, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lauren (View Post)
did miss patty loose some weight?
Maybe she has a new boy friend.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele309 (View Post)
Maybe she has a new boy friend.
haha didnt think about that .. you must be right here

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I dint really care for the whole Rory stuff....
That's so true.. I think the whole stuff is boring.. not that I'm totally not itnerested in Rory.. but it really bores me at the moment..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Rory is okay when she is with lorelai.. I really enjoy their scenes ... but I´m just not interested in the other stuff

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Really loved the episode, Lauren was great.
Derek&Meredith · Sam&Addison · Will&Emma