Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion 7.11 - Santa's Secret Stuff (Jan. 23rd)

7.11 Santa's Secret Stuff

TheCW: Rory returns from London after the holidays. Lorelai is disappointed that Rory celebrated Christmas in London with Logan, but decides to have a "Christmas after Christmas" celebration as a new family complete with trees, decorations and shopping. Luke asks Lorelai to write a character recommendation letter for his custody battle with Anna over April.

TheCW: LORELAI MAKES CHRISTMAS WAIT FOR RORY'S RETURN -- Rather than celebrating Christmas while Rory (Alexis Bledel) is in London over the holidays, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) decide to put their holidays on hold.
Once Rory returns to Stars Hollow, they decorate several Christmas trees, do their shopping and even bake Christmas cookies for the first time as a family. Turning up unexpectedly at the inn, Luke (Scott Patterson) asks Lorelai to write a character recommendation letter for his custody battle over April (Vanessa Marano). Lorelai struggles to write the letter until she and Rory run into Luke and April at the mall and Lorelai suddenly remembers how important Luke has always been in Rory's life. Inspired, Lorelai writes the letter and mails it to Luke's attorney.
Rory decides she will write an apology letter to her friend Lucy (Krysten Ritter), explaining why she and Marty kept their past friendship a secret. Melissa McCarthy and Keiko Agena also star. Lee Shallat Chemel directed the episode written by Rebecca Rand Kirshner.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 AM
Master Fan

And the LL scenes are back
I actually liked this episode. I sooo love Gigi. I mean she's too cute haha.
The last scene was love btw!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 AM
Loyal Fan

*sigh* For the first time in a long time I really enjoyed watching an entire GG episode. Even though there was still a lot of L/C interaction, Gigi and all that jazz, none of that really bothered me, because at last we got that recognition from Lorelai. The look on her face in the store when Rory and Luke were talking was just love.

Did anyone else notice how long they made the letter look? That was no half-assed 1 paragraph letter, it was at least 3/4 of a page, if not more. If/When we get to see/hear what it says, it'll be funny to see if it's still that long.
I felt like reaching into my monitor and snatching the letter from Lorelai just to see what it says.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:35 AM
Loyal Fan

That ep was great!
ITA Denise, Gigi is adorable! The whole christmas thing was great.
I loved the shopping centre bit, Luke & Rory reminiscing *sigh* good times.

ITA Emma, I really want to hear what the letter said!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Master Fan

Me too! haha

I loved the way LL looked at each other in the store

Old 01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

It wasn't the best episode I've ever seen but it was definitely the best episode this season. Finally the old babbling Lorelai is back. She stopped the snow, she makes Santa's laundry. Whatever she takes, that stuff has to be good. I've to admit that I didn't understand the whole rambling speech about her thoughts when she tried to write the letter. Any transcripts avaiable? Craig?

I feel sorry for Gigi. She really likes Lorelai and I think she doesn't understand why she won't be a part of her life in the future. Poor girl.

The last scene was awesome, it reminded me of an old 50s/60s movie I saw some years ago, but I've no clue which. How do you interpret the snow? Did it start because Lorelai mailed the letter to Luke, did it start because Rory came back home or was it a sign that it snows every year no matter if she's with Luke or not? I guess when Lorelai mailed the letter to Luke she had to think about how much happened last year and what happened when it started to snow last year. Remember, the diner scene, June 3rd. *sigh*
Old 01-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

I think it started snowing because she mailed the letter to Luke Haha

Btw is it weird that when I saw Lorelai wear a hat I wanted to search for mine too I haven't worn it all winter But it hasn't been cold.. At least until now.. *goes searching for mine*

Old 01-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Master Fan

It started snowing because Lorelai finally rediscovered her brain.....
Old 01-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
It started snowing because Lorelai finally rediscovered her brain.....
LOL

well I enjoyed the episode.

To be nit picky....what is up with Lane's stomach...it reminds me of Katie Holmes baby belly....all wrong all wrong!!

I think Gigi was way less annoying then April. And I agree, poor Gigi is about to lose another mommy. This kid is going to grow up with major issues lol.

We finally saw that chemistry back in L&L eyes!! few more weeks folks, few more weeks

I thought it was sweet though at the end that Rory, GiGi and Chris were sitting around the table like a real family. I would hate Chris a lot less if he wasn't so overbearing and protective. I think the episode was good and next weeks looks even more promising!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I've to admit that I didn't understand the whole rambling speech about her thoughts when she tried to write the letter. Any transcripts avaiable?
Rory: Maybe if you just put pen to paper.
Lorelai: I tried that. I thought I'll just sit down and write, whatever comes, no judgement, no inner critic. What was that a bad idea.
Rory: Really? Why?
Lorelai: Because my brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. I'm writing a letter, I can't write a letter, why can't I write a letter? I am wearing a green dress, I wish I was wearing my blue dress, my blue dress is at the cleaners, the Germans wore grey, you wore blue Casablance, Casablanca is such a good movie, Casablanca the white house, Bush, why don't I drive a hybrid car?, I should really drive a hybrid car, I should really take my bicycle to work, bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants.
Rory: Hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants
Lorelai: Exactly! That's what I'm saying, it's a big bag of weird up there.

I really liked the ep, and that last scene rocked.. Great things happen when it snows!!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 01-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed Gigi too she was really cute especially whey they were making cookies from Scratchie LOL!!!

I actually loved Lorelai in this episode she was more like herself she was babbling and interacting with Rory like she used too in past seaasons.

I still wanted to vomit everytime I saw Chris but,I bet he will be gone soon.

I loved Lorelai,Luke,April and Rory at the mall the whole scene was really cute,Luke has been more of a father to Rory than Chris ever was.
Lorelai looked at Luke with such love in his eyes and I loved it!!!!
Melina Kanakaredes
Old 01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Total Fan

lol yeah were making cookies from "scratching" - that was cute.

My favorite lines:

Rory: "the kid just took my antlers and galloped away!"
Mrs. Kim: "No duck, we don't want the babies to have webbed feet!"
Michel: "oh you, I thought we were done with you!"

and when Rory and Lorelai were trying to drink peppermint coffee and rory kept putting her hand up and going, "peppermint".

This was def. a classic GG episode! thank goodness!

My question is where are the towns people...I want more kirk, babette and miss patty!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Master Fan

Thanks shinystar
Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for that shinystar! Pretty much the funniest thing ever! I commend Lauren for her efforts in delivering that line perfectly
Old 01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

My favorite episode of this season. I loved everything about it except Lane's pregnancy belly - certainly they could have come up with something a bit more realistic.

And the real Lorelai is almost back. Yay!