Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

GG Episode Discussion - 5.12 Wedding Bell Blues (8th Feb. )

Episode 5.13 -

"Wedding Bell Blues (100th Episode)" - (TV-PG) (HDTV)
Tuesday , February 08 2005 Fresh Episode
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

THE 100TH EPISODE/RICHARD AND EMILY RENEW THEIR VOWS - The night before Richard (Edward Herrmann) and Emily (Kelly Bishop) renew their vows, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) feel obligated to throw Emily a bachelorette party. At the ceremony the following day, Rory tells Logan (Matt Czuchry) she wants a relationship with him even though he's not ready to commit. Later, when Lorelai, Luke (Scott Patterson) and Christopher (David Sutcliffe) discover Rory and Logan together, half-dressed, the shocking scene leads to an angry confrontation between Luke and Christopher. A furious Lorelai figures out that Emily invited Christopher in an attempt to break up her relationship with Luke. Melissa McCarthy and Keiko Agena also star. The episode was written and directed by Amy Sherman-Palladino

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-09-2005, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

Just realised noone had posted on this ep - okay doing a C&P from my LJ

Okay I just finished watching Wedding Bell Blues - unbelievable episode - I think I just found an episode which might be taking over Forgiveness and Stuff as my all-time favourite - it was just unbelievable - the writing, directing and acting were top notch - this is the kind of episode that had it all laughs, tears, joy and heartbreak all mixed into one ep.

Kelly Bishop rocked in this episode, she was given the comedy to work with in the bachelorette party scene - but for me the MVP was Lauren Graham - that final act alone is why we have all been saying for years give this woman an Emmy - the way she managed to convey the feelings of everything unravelling as Christopher tells her that Emily knows she and Luke won't be together forever and aren't right and the delivery of that last line - please consider her for the Emmys!!

And the promo for next week! *eek!* they included the scene that made me fall in love with Luke and Lorelai (The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton) - 2nd scene "Chilton father asked me out" *sigh* I love that scene, for me it was the scene that had chemistry written all over it.

Us spoiler whores know what's coming but still I watch with major anticipation with what ASP has instore for us.

Here are 5 pics from all the freaking caps I made

http://photobucket.com/albums/v324/g...513/?start=all
http://photobucket.com/albums/v324/g...202/?start=all

Twitter: nlm78
Old 02-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Passionate Fan

It´s obvious that you love the episode Nadine. Thanks for all the caps!!!

I have watched it twice so far (with many more times to follow) and I´m still speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
Okay I just finished watching Wedding Bell Blues - unbelievable episode - I think I just found an episode which might be taking over Forgiveness and Stuff as my all-time favourite - it was just unbelievable - the writing, directing and acting were top notch - this is the kind of episode that had it all laughs, tears, joy and heartbreak all mixed into one ep.

Kelly Bishop rocked in this episode, she was given the comedy to work with in the bachelorette party scene - but for me the MVP was Lauren Graham - that final act alone is why we have all been saying for years give this woman an Emmy - the way she managed to convey the feelings of everything unravelling as Christopher tells her that Emily knows she and Luke won't be together forever and aren't right and the delivery of that last line - please consider her for the Emmys!!
Exactly! I don´t have much more to add to that, you already hit the nail squarely on the head with what you wrote. It was a perfect 100th episode.

Oh, and I´m totally amazed by the camerawork in this episode which was in some scenes different than everything we´d seen on the show so far.

I made a friend watch it, who is not a GG fan (he has seen only 2 or 3 episodes), a very picky viewer and a film student - and he loved it. So I might have recruited a new GG fan with this episode. Don´t disappoint him with future episodes, AS-P & Co.!

I´m kind of obsessed with the promo for next week. Maybe it´s because I´m medicated with antibiotics and stuff, but I´m fascinated by Lauren crying. She will rock in those scenes, even more than this week. I can´t wait to see it, bring on the drama!
Old 02-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch19777
It´s obvious that you love the episode Nadine. Thanks for all the caps!!!
I wouldn't have done so many if I had done just the L&L scenes but I made a deal from the start since it was the 100th ep, etc that I'd cap the whole thing (kind of like SGTDM - took me forever to cap).

Lol re: promo - still can't believe they used the scene I feel in love with L&L in the promo *sigh* I watched the ep today for old times sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch19777
Oh, and I´m totally amazed by the camerawork in this episode which was in some scenes different than everything we´d seen on the show so far.
Ohh yeah did you notice the connection between the 100th and previous eps in terms of camera work?

The opening scene with the camera panning down - was very much on par with the Pilot ep.

Old 02-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
Ohh yeah did you notice the connection between the 100th and previous eps in terms of camera work?

The opening scene with the camera panning down - was very much on par with the Pilot ep.
Yep, that´s so cool. That´s one of the reasons I love this show: all of the little things that have a reference to an earlier episode. And you can always find something new if you rewatch episodes.

I think I´m in the mood now for watching The Lorelais' First Day at Chilton too, you inspired me.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I'm going to have to watch it again after I come back from the movies tonight - I've only watched it once so far and that was while capping. *g*

Glad to see I could be an inspiration in causing you to watch a season 1 ep - I was watching it yesterday and my mother walked in and said Rory's still at school? And I was like nope very very old ep

Gotta love KTLA's summary for the ep:

The story: Emily and Richard renew their vows in a lavish ceremony where the attendees include Logan - with a date - and Christopher. Prior to the celebration, Lorelai and Rory get roped into throwing Emily a bachelorette party.

Cop Rock Marathon On Hold
Just as Lorelai and Rory are settling down for an evening of junk food and Cop Rock episodes Emily calls with a dress emergency. Lorelai fixes her dress in less than 3 minutes, but then Richard calls from his bachelor party and tells Lorelai to go easy on Emily on their girls' night out. Lorelai is dumbfounded. She didn't know she was supposed to throw a bachelorette party for somebody who hasn't been a "bachelorette for 40 years." Before you know it, the ladies of Stars Hollow including: Miss Patty, Babette, Lane, her look-a-like exchange student, Gypsy and a very-tired Sookie show Emily a good time. Later, while Emily is passed out upstairs, Lorelai wreaks havoc on Emily's seating chart.

10:30 Sharp
Luke arrives on time at 10:30 a.m. to take Lorelai and Rory to the ceremony. While he's dressed and ready, the girls are not dressed or ready. Apparently, they are going to get dressed at the reception hall. Luke wishes he knew that he could get dressed there. To make matters worse, upon arriving at the hall, Luke's pants are wrinkled from the drive over and both Emily and Richard (after blatantly ignoring Luke) make it a point to comment on his attire.

The Ceremony
For a reception that was thrown together last minute, the place is gorgeous, the flowers are gorgeous, Lorelai, Rory (even in a suit looks pretty) and Emily all look great. Luke and Lorelai share so many loving glances with each other you could think this was their wedding ceremony. In dark contrast, Logan, who's accompanied by a gorgeous blonde girl, doesn't even look in Rory's direction. This can't be anything other than on purpose since she's on the altar as Richard's 'best man.' Lorelai notices a very-late Christopher slink into a seat in the back.

The Party
Realizing that Christopher will probably talk about their evening together after his father died, Lorelai gives Luke the quick update about how she spent time with Christopher. Luke feels betrayed. And while it was just talking, he wonders why he's just finding out about it now. As Christopher comes over to introduce himself to Luke, one of the first things Lorelai mentions to Christopher is that she and Luke are dating. Funny how in an evening of talking, she didn't find time to tell Christopher that fact before. After some major apologizing Luke seems to come around and shares a nice dance with Lorelai. Meanwhile, Christopher keeps downing the drinks and appears to have an agenda in mind.

Seizing the moment
Rory has a nice heart-to-heart talk with Christopher wherein he tells her that the greatest day of his life was when Lorelai ran up and kissed him. This inspires Rory to approach Logan. She asks him about his date. He says she's just a friend of the family. Upon hearing that, Rory asks Logan to dance, since it didn't seem like he was going to ask her. While dancing, she grills Logan about when and if he's ever going to ask her out. He flirts with her, appears to like her, shows up at her grandparent's party... What's the deal? He says that he does like her (and calls her Rory instead of Ace for the first time) but that while she's "girlfriend material" he's not "boyfriend material" and can't make commitments. Rory says that she's done with looking for a boyfriend and wants a "no strings attached" relationship, she then grabs a bottle of champagne and heads for the door. While Logan doesn't really believe that she can handle a "no strings" deal, he still follows her to a back room to hook up.

Your grandparents want a picture
Rory makes the first move and kisses Logan. His response is not what she expected. Looking at her outfit, he says he feels like he's kissing a guy. Rory moves in for another kiss and that seems to break the ice. Meanwhile, Cousin Marilyn starts rounding up the wedding party for a picture by the cake. Lorelai, followed by Luke and then Christopher, stumbles upon Rory and Logan making out and then flips out. Then an intoxicated Christopher barges in to yell at Logan, followed by Luke who takes his turn at yelling at Logan. Logan and Rory make a hasty exit out the back door. Then Luke and Christopher decide to fight over who's been more of a part of Rory's life. Which quickly moves over to who deserves to be with Lorelai. Chris lays out the facts: he's Rory's father, he's always loved Lorelai, everybody knows they belong together - even Emily. With that, Lorelai apologizes to Luke (again) she didn't know Emily was in the mix. Luke runs off, Lorelai tells Christopher to "get some coffee," and then goes to take the picture. She issues a chilling statement to Emily, "You and me. We're done."

Old 02-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Passionate Fan

Great summary, thanks for posting it.

Quote:
Luke and Lorelai share so many loving glances with each other you could think this was their wedding ceremony.
I´m gonna read that and remember the scene after next week´s heartbreaking episode. Should help a little to lighten the mood.

I ended up watching three season 1 episodes instead of one. Oh, the nostalgia.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks for all those caps

ok my 2 cents for this ep

first .. lorelai looked fabulous ... the beginning .. when she kissed the catalogue to show luke that she wanted to have those boots was just fr4eaking hilarious.. and then when she throwed a bacherloette party for emily ..it was so cute .. she did this for her mum... and Emily liked it ... and i hate emily for inviting Chris to the wedding ... but Kelly Bishop rocked the episode .. her acting as amazing .. and lord .. the woman looked great .. how old is she?

loved the luke and lroelai scenes .. but well .. i told ya .. lorelai should´ve told luke sooner about her stay at christophers .. i can understand that luke was mad ... but there where so sweet while there were dancing .. and lukes "my dancing isnt slappy (SP) or somehging like that .. just funny

but i so ruffled my hair when i saw christopher enterin the chruch .. i screamed "get the hell outta there" when i saw him on the party .. drinking a lot .. i just wanted him to go away .. and then the fight .. when Chris told Luke that he is "for now" together with lorelai ... that was so sad ... i so felt for lorelai when chris told Luke that Emily knows that they belong together .. that he knows it .. and so on.. and when luke left . i was about to cry

and lorelais final sentence "you and me ..were done" god .. he look .. ehr acting ... this woman deserves an Emmy!!!!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign