Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

General Season 6 Episode Discussion

Okay, so the Season 6 Premiere is tonight @ 8pm/EST on The WB. Check your local listings, I normally give you the episode description but the one from Yahoo gives away Luke's answer so I took it out.

"New and Improved Lorelai"
Cast: Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale, Kelly Bishop, Scott Patterson, Liza Weil, Sean Gunn, Matt Czuchry, Robert Foxworth.
Director(s): Amy Sherman Palladino.
Producer(s): Amy Sherman Palladino, Gavin Polone.
Writer(s): Amy Sherman Palladino.

Original Airdate: September 13, 2005.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

"I'm so excited and i just can't hide it!!" i can't wait for this episode.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Extreme Fan

You are so , so , so lucky !!!
Hoping videos caps will be on FF, after the broadcasting(?); because it's the only way for to watch it before the release on dvd, so ...
Old 09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

I cant wait ... but I have to .. until tomorrow .. and I wont come to this board before I saw the ep lol

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 09-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lauren
I cant wait ... but I have to .. until tomorrow .. and I wont come to this board before I saw the ep lol

I have to wait until tomorrow, too! That's why I'm goin online so early, because I kniow I won't be able to tonight starting at, oh, say, 8pm!! But I am still so excited!! I'm Tivo-ing it, so I can watch all the best parts over and over! Which is a lot! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Gilmore girls!!! Yaay!! And I can't wait to see Lauren acting at her best, as usual! Along with all the other great cast members! I noticed they added Matt Czurchy to the cast... Interesting. That may say something about Rory's future. But I have no idea, just an observation.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

15 Minutes!!!!

Old 09-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not bad...I hate that Logan doesn't seem to care much that Rory dropped out, though. Rory definitely changed a lot...since the end of S4, I didn't like her, but this just tops it off.

Luke/Lorelai's storyline was the best, of course!!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Actually I got the impression that Logan wasn't impressed at all that Rory was dropping out.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm curious about the non-spolied folks reaction. I was badly spoiled (by choice) Thoughts anyone?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom
Actually I got the impression that Logan wasn't impressed at all that Rory was dropping out.
My feelings towards him as well.

Well I was semi-spoiler free. I knew Luke's answer but I did not to the extent of Rory's community service and stuff. I thought it was good, I loved it. But I thought the Luke & Lorelai scenes were missing. I thought Luke answered too fast for it being Luke, I think he would have thought about it more and would have made it more special. And Lorelai was off tonight, but that was good because you could obivously see that she was upset but the whole Rory situtation.

I loved Paris and Michel. Paris is Rory's friend who she doesn't appreciate at all. Logan, he has potentail to be our hero and get Rory back on the right track but she's so stuck up and pig-headed, I just can not stand her right now. I'm glad we didn't see much of her tonight.

I thought her sentence was fitting...And Rory's reaction "well I need to get a job!", it was harsh but deserving. She is a spoiled brat, I was a little surprised that Logan wasn't at the hearing and does Logan have to go to through the same process why doesn't he get in trouble?

I LOVED LOVED LOVED Lauren at the end of episode. In Rory's bedroom, distraught, throwing the water bottle at the wall it was just pure emotion, same emotion we saw from SS, it was just sooo beautiful.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I know exactly what you mean!!! I was very badly spoiled as well... by choice too... Now I wish that I wouldn't have let myself look at all the spoilers. I sat here watching it tonight knowing exactly what was going to happen but I had to force myself not to say anything or make any pre-reactions because I didn't want to give it away to my friends. So hard to do!!! I think I'm going to try not to let myself look at any more spoilers.... TRY hahaha It's so addicting!

Anyways, LOVED LOVED LOVED the episode!!! Esp. the Luke/Lorelai storyline... VERY excited to watch that develop!!!
I don't care so much for Rory anymore, either. Hopefully that'll change.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Paris's reaction!! So perfect. Lorelai giving Paris her # is she crazy??? LOL....got to love it. I love the whole I need the laundry basket back thing, perfect!!! Luke was gorgeous !!!!! The whole kids would be nice, I loved it!
Gilmore Girls: Guiltiest Pleasure #48
"Boom goes the Dynomite"
Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

I was kind of disappointed in the episode. I was expecting it to be a lot better, not sure why. I tried to be spoiler free, but I heard stuff here and there, nothing in the episode was too surprising. I really liked the ending though, with Lorelai in Rory's room... Lauren showed such emotion in those few seconds, damn Rory. I really dont like Rory.. at all, she's become such a brat. Neway, the eppy was alright, next week looks like its going to be really good though
Old 09-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS
I agree with you, it was not as good as I hoped it would be. The whole finding a way to celebrate thing was awkward for me.
Seriously.. I was like, first you say yes... just like that??? Then its like, hi im lorelai, hi im luke.. nice to meet you. It was just so awkward. There was some funny stuff, but not much action.. kind of bleh, but I still enjoyed myself.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCS
The whole finding a way to celebrate thing was awkward for me.
I agree and it's unfortunate. The dialogue after the proposal in the diner just felt odd. Amy is unable to write these two as a convincing, sympathetic couple and it makes me sad. I won't delve into my disappointments with the show as a whole again, but they still stand. Lauren is its beacon of light.

Paris made me happy, except when she didn't know Luke from Adam. That's nuts. Bad writing.