Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai Obsessed
hmm thats so unfair .. i hate it .. i mean .. as for me it doesnt metter on hwat network she is ..shes an brilliant actress with a lot of potential .. the others just have to notice it .. damn it!!
You sing it for us all sister Suz .

Thanks for that Nadine, you're a mind of information!

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94

Old 02-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

"Say Something"

http://www.code85.com/cheryl/ssgg.wmv (4 MB)

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Coolies video - shall check it out when I get home from work

Here is the WB Gallery for Say Something (doing it in two posts):

WB have no gallery for WBB but they did have one for SS.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 02-17-2005, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Cherie I watched the video - freaking awesome and that song fitted it perfectly

There are more - aka Rory / Rory & Logan ones, etc - I put them at my PB account and they're also at thewb.com

1. One other useless piece I thought I'd raise from Say Something is all that crying wouldn't have been good to do with contacts in *g* Unless Lauren decided not to wear her contacts in those crying scenes (instead she would have been blind as a bat).

2. The episode was very short including the Previously on GG (which was a long Previously) compared to other eps this season (note these running times include the Previously in them):

Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller - 43 mins 34 secs
A Messenger, No More - 40 mins 59 secs
Written in the Stars - 43 mins 09 mins
Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too - 43 mins 04 secs
We Got Us a Pippi Virgin! - 42 mins 25 secs
Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant! - 43 mins 11 secs
You Jump, I Jump, Jack - 42 mins 56 secs
The Party's Over - 43 mins 10 secs
Emily Says Hello - 43 mins 07 secs
But Not as Cute as Pushkin - 43 mins 08 secs
Women Of Questionable Morals - 43 mins 10 secs
Come Home - 43 mins 05 secs
Wedding Bell Blues - 43 mins 11 secs
Say Something - 41 mins 40 secs

Last edited by Nadine; 02-18-2005 at 01:06 AM
Old 02-18-2005, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherié £u£u
That was the best *****in episode ever. I swear to god if Lauren Graham does not get an Emmy for that episode, I don't know when she ever will.
While Lauren's performance in this episode was absolutely fantastic, it's not gonna get her that Emmy unless they start submitting GG as a drama show. Cause it's not like this was an outstanding comedy performance. It was drama, and they can't submit a dramatic performance as outstanding comedy, I should think. Does anyone know if they're planning on switching back to submitting GG as drama? It would most certainly calm me down, what with my constant ranting on the GG as a comedy crap. Why don't they understand that the show is so much better when they focus on the dramatic part of the dramedy and not so much trying to become a comedy show? Cause let's face it, the desperate tries to be hilariously funny is NOT working.

Best GG episode in...I don't know how long, but a very long time. My GG is back. I'm so happy I could cry.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliii
Does anyone know if they're planning on switching back to submitting GG as drama?
With Jack and Bobby on The WB there's no way they'll be trying to compete against it so they'll stay in the Comedy section. That's the first stepping stone.

Plus in the Drama section you have Mariska and Allison who already have major Emmy tapes to work with and it also means you're going against shows like West Wing, Six Feet Under, Deadwood, The Sopranos (granted they're ineligible this year), CSI, Alias, Lost, the list goes on.

There have been a number of winners in the Comedy section over the years that have won for Dramatic Performances - Helen Hunt and Cynthia Nixon are two standout examples. You can include SJP's win last year (but that was more a sentimental win).

Comedy has more room to work with - usually they can allow a dramatic performance in the comedy section and you can get away with it but it's harder to submit 8 episodes of dramatic quality for a Series nomination and that's why GG will most likely go in Comedy again.

Also the same debate can also be said for Desperate Housewives - Mark Cherry made the point before the Golden Globes that if the show didn't get nom'd in the comedy section they might switch it to drama (and I thought immediately yeah like ABC will allow them to compete against Lost).

I'm telling you if a Dramedy like Ally McBeal can win Outstanding Comedy Series, there is no reason why Gilmore Girls can't get its foot in the door (heck prime eg: Arrested Development last year won OCS and that isn't a true comedy).

Okay now I'm off to bed.

Old 02-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Okay now I'm off to bed.
lol for real this time?

thanks for all the caps

aww i´m still sad .. dont know if i will ever get over it

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not saying it will be easier to get nominated and winning in the drama category (I still don't think GG is a good comedy show, though). I think the opposite, actually. The drama category is too heavy for them to compete in per today. I was just saying that Lauren's performance in this episode won't have anything to do in a comedy category. So all this talk about Lauren should get an Emmy for her performance in this episode doesn't make much sense when the show is submitted as comedy anyway. Unless it's correct as you say that dramatic performances has won in the comedy category. Which I can believe, with the Academy being so into dramatic performances and all. It doesn't make much sense, though, heh.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

I avoided this thread until I had a chance to watch the episode.
Pardon me while I finish wiping my tear-stained face.

Lauren has yet again proved she is one of today's acting greats. Nicole, Charleze, Terri H, etc have nothing on Lauren. In my humble opinion, Lauren can stand toe-to-toe with the best of them.

I haven't read all of the posts on this thread yet, so if what I'm about to say has already been discussed, consider my post as part of the discussion.

Lauren has told us that she and a long-time love, have split. I don't know if any one else has wondered if Lauren is acting out her own grief on screen? We all know actors take real-life experiences and turn them into screen block-busting performances. I wonder if the break-up coincided with the filming of this episdoe? These are just inner thoughts. In any case, she was outstanding!!!

I wanted to add that I am 100% behind the emmy nom and win.

Last edited by KiwiKid; 02-18-2005 at 06:22 PM
Old 02-18-2005, 10:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Fabulous performance once again. I cried last episode, which I hardly ever do during Gilmore Girls.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Pardon me while I finish wiping my tear-stained face.
no probelm sweets .. youre in good company .. we all feel the same in here

i cant wait o see the next episode .. altough i dont think this one is getting funnier in some way .. I think the next wone will be pretty sad as well

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

There is only one other actor that can make me cry the way Lauren did and that's Aly Hannigan. All Aly has to do is look like she is going to cry and I burst into tears.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid
There is only one other actor that can make me cry the way Lauren did and that's Aly Hannigan. All Aly has to do is look like she is going to cry and I burst into tears.
oh my god i cried like a baby when tara died in buffy and willow cried .. but lauren is even better in doing this

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yes, Lauren is very good at it. Since this is the first time I have seen this kind of a scene (real heart wrencher) performed by Lauren I will say, for me, it's a tie between Aly and Lauren.
I think the scene that got me the most was when Willow and Dawn got into the car accident and Willow was on the ground begging for help and forgiveness. Talk about Emmy material-- but again, nothing.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid
Yes, Lauren is very good at it. Since this is the first time I have seen this kind of a scene (real heart wrencher) performed by Lauren I will say, for me, it's a tie between Aly and Lauren.
I think the scene that got me the most was when Willow and Dawn got into the car accident and Willow was on the ground begging for help and forgiveness. Talk about Emmy material-- but again, nothing.
well it was kind of heart werncing when she broke up with MAx and was crying too.. but this time it was more .. more sad .. and well played

oh yeah i remember that buffy episode

LEVERAGE campaign