Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-10-2005, 03:32 PM
New Fan

The word dirty is not a problem for me.....Lorelai is a CHARACTHER ok? Lauren is a real person you might want to remember that. if it's so fun for you to "have fun" with the word dirty...why couldn't you just make a thread on Lorelai? I mean my gosh the stuff written under the pics...just kinda ewww don't you think? and yes disrespectful.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

i already edited this stuff about half an hour ago... and even that was meant in a funny way.. btu yeah I edited because I agreed with you that this might be a bit too dirty.. and I wrote "lauren thread" because its the lauren board.. but if it makes you happy I can change it to Lauren / Lorelai thread

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

yes it would be more appropriate that it be the Lauren / Lorelai Thread.. i just don't see why you have to make the funny (dirty) comments about her .. its just not appropriate at all ....
Old 05-10-2005, 03:51 PM
New Fan

yeah I guess it would be more appropriate, but in all honesty I don't see why you have to do this "dirty business" at all......but hey I guess that's just me.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

edited

Last edited by Chris; 05-10-2005 at 04:01 PM
Old 05-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

first of all: cause it`s funny!!! and I think even Lauren thinks that lots of Lorelai`s dirty comments are funny
and really on dirty thread we don`t talk about scott all the time!! it`s more of our dirty thoughts about life, but we needed to have a place to talk about it, cause again: it`s a funny thing, and sometimes it`s worth to share.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaxox
Lorelai is a CHARACTHER ok? Lauren is a real person you might want to remember that.
Yes, Lauren is a real person. However, an actress chooses to be in the public eye. The roles she performs help determine her fan's perceptions of her. Having said that, the focus of this thread should be appreciation for the actress and the characters she's chosed to portray. I'm only familiar with the character of Lorelai. She is a fun loving person, a good role model to her daughter but she also knows that she's a sexy and attractive woman. Appreciating that is fair.

Please keep in mind when posting here that Lauren might read this. Keep everything respectful and PG-13.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

it isnt hurting anyone and no one is going to say anything bad about her, so if you dont like it then dont read it. chill out!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Angelyc_1 and Annaxox: Hey guys, why aren't you just waiting and see how this thread is developing? You make trouble about nothing. Nothing happend yet, and nothing will happen what would make Lauren angry or mad. You really think we would insult her or tread her disrespectful? God... We are all just fans who love her and we'd never do anything that would harm her!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Yes, Lauren is a real person. However, an actress chooses to be in the public eye. The roles she performs help determine her fan's perceptions of her. Having said that, the focus of this thread should be appreciation for the actress and the characters she's chosed to portray. I'm only familiar with the character of Lorelai. She is a fun loving person, a good role model to her daughter but she also knows that she's a sexy and attractive woman. Appreciating that is fair.

Please keep in mind when posting here that Lauren might read this. Keep everything respectful and PG-13.

Ok Chris (mod manager) just posted and I think we can follow this

we keep it PG-13 and no disrespectful word or insulting will ever come out of our mouth ... so can we just drop this discussion here and have a little

FUN???

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 05-10-2005 at 04:51 PM
Old 05-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

ok.. this is probably going to make me very unpopular with the people that i post with because i'm with the minority on this one with Angelyc_1 and Annaxox.. but.. i need to say this..

and i'm totally going to pull a double standard on this.. but i think it is kind of inappropriate to have a dirty Lauren thread. for some reason it seems okay to have a dirty Scott thread... but, i don't know.. if i was Lauren reading this.. i'd be a little freaked out..

keep the thread open or close it.. it's up to you guys.. but i just needed to post this, for my own piece of mind. i agree with you all.. lauren is a very beautiful person.. but i just don't feel like this thread is an appropriate way to show our love for this gorgeous actress..

now you can call me a hypocrite if you want.. but whatever.. i just needed to say this..
Old 05-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

everyone has its own opinion .. we all respect that Val and were not gonna hate you

but like I said .. CHRIS posted and we follow his post..

and PLEASE now .. drop the discussion ... this thread is allowed .. so for those who are ok with this thread ..start to post .. for those who arent.. .. dont

and everyone who knows me, knows that I would NEVER EVER say something that would insult or disrespect Lauren .. you all know that I´m a big fan of her

so please.. now move on with the discussion

thanks ..

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Ah! Definitely a fan of this thread! Great idea!
Old 05-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaxox
Like Angelyc 1 said Lauren check this SOMETIMES, so please try and show a little respect.
She reads this board? Somehow I can't imagine that.

I've never seen anyone disrespect Lauren on this message board; and if she ever was, I don't think any of the posters here would stand for it.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by villette
She reads this board? Somehow I can't imagine that.

I've never seen anyone disrespect Lauren on this message board; and if she ever was, I don't think any of the posters here would stand for it.
'Cause I'd personally kick thier asses. Mkay, ya'll hear that?

I can't help but share this story in hopes of easing some hearts here. Kelly Clarkson fans started this following early in her career of straight girls who were attracted to her that way. They're called Kezbo's. Really. These fans were told to form thier own board separate from the main board in case it offended Kelly (as she, friends, and family were known to visit the main board frequently) Not only did Kelly visit the message board devoted to this following, she cracked up with her own mother about the site. It's all harmless. What I mean is, it should be harmless. There's a warning about appropriateness on the board, and keeping the "dirty" comments centralized will make it easier for moderators to do thier job.

Anyway, the conception of a dirty LG thread, seems appropriate being in conjunction with tonight's episode.

Oh, and Lauren, if you're reading: Please schedule one hour out of your day in the next 365 days of the year to do commentary for one freakin episode on the GG DVDs. Consider it a favor, okay? You could even shout-out to FF. We're the ones who buy the damn things.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 05-10-2005 at 08:46 PM