Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jen trust me it's worth it, especial the last scene with Hilary and Lauren.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Jen, you'll love it. Hilary is only in it a few times, and in the end Lauren's character really gives it to Hilary's
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Jen, you'll love it. Hilary is only in it a few times, and in the end Lauren's character really gives it to Hilary's
Nice. Looking forward to it now!
Talula78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Nice. Looking forward to it now!
yeah, they don´t make you like her character in this movie that much, I think you should be ok.lol The last scene between Lauren and Hilary is a riot.lol

Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

Yuck, yuck yuck Alright, guys, now you have me wanting to watch it and it's 2:30 in the friggin morning! Hmmm...dilemma...sleep? or watch BOA? sleep? or watch BOA? Argh! lol
Old 07-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Yuck, yuck yuck Alright, guys, now you have me wanting to watch it and it's 2:30 in the friggin morning! Hmmm...dilemma...sleep? or watch BOA? sleep? or watch BOA? Argh! lol
or you can sleep and watch it on the Saturday morning? It´s kinda slow moving with an nice music, I don´t want you to fall asleep.lol but the style is beautiful in its own way.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm getting a bit sleepy now & if it's a slow movie I'm done for! Well, maybe it'll help me get to sleep? Hmmm, I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

so, did you watch?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Hah! I was just coming on here to tell you I finally finished it yesterday morning. Odd little film, but I liked it. Ugh, as soon as I heard Hilary's annoying voice and saw that wide teethy grin of hers I just wanted to hurl. But I got over it and yes, you guys were right, the ending makes it worth putting up w/ Hilary! Teehee, even though I thought her last line was priceless, I wanted "Betty" to respond with something to the effect, "I'll clean this up after you've cleaned up the multiple spots on our lawn that your dog has taken it upon himself (or is it a she dog?) to pee on!" Oy the nerve of some people! Loved how she stomped on her flowers afterwards though, cracked me up!

I really am enjoying watching Lauren in film, only wish she were in more! I loved the F-ing pariahs discussion! Felt bad for her character though. I was happy to see the 2 of them come to an understanding by the end to start a family. But man, that was a hard film to watch at first cuz it just moves by so slowly & methodically. I enjoyed the latter half of it so much better! Why is it that everytime characters get stoned they are much funner people to be around and to watch onscreen? *cough...Adam in PH...cough* Anyway, I liked the familial dynamic even as F-ed up as they were, they still were there for each other.

I also finally watched Chasing Destiny instead of Flash of Genius. God, can Lauren be more beautiful onscreen?

Last edited by Talula78; 07-24-2011 at 04:05 PM
Old 07-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

I´m glad you like it (or the second part at least.lol). I really like the slow music that goes with the movie.
It was released on czech DVD last winter which was kind of shocking to me since not many of her movies do.

Quote:
I also finally watched Chasing Destiny instead of Flash of Genius. God, can Lauren be more beautiful onscreen?
I love Chasing destiny because Lauren is on screen all the time, simple as that.lol And every time, I have the Jessie song stuck in my head for weeks. I don´t think we have a thread for that movie here, though.lol

Old 07-25-2011, 03:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

Jen, glad you enjoyed it

And I agree with Katka on Chasing Destiny. Such a cute movie, and Lauren on screen all the time added to that
Old 07-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Jen, glad to hear that you are enjoying watching Lauren's films. I love watching them over and over.

Although Hilary Swank isn't one of my favorites, I do like her in some of her movies plus, Hilary Swank Productions was one of the production companies for BOA so that is a little something for her side. lol. I liked the ending between Betty and Laura as "******* off Laura, you pick it up" but I think she should have finished it with,"We've been picking up your dogs ******* for years". It bugs me because you would think that Laura and Paul would be wondering if there dog was ok because they never had to pick up any poop. Weird!! Oh, and yeah, Betty stomping on the flowers was a perfect final dig/release for Betty. The ********** pariah rant was so funny although I had seen it before I saw the movie so it didn't have that shock effect that it could have on me. I also felt bad for Betty, she really wanted to start a family but I see Morrie's point as well of being worried if their baby would end up messed up like his family. Loved the conversation on the swings and figuring out that he had to go out and capture his youth that he never was able to have so that they could move on. Another plus for this movie is Ginnifer Goodwin and Ben Foster. The cast was really well chosen. I agree the movie is a bit on the slow side especially at first, but it is really good. A couple of little things that I've noticed in the film is how Betty can sleep through anything, her robe that she is wearing when she wakes Morrie up is then passed on to Jay's wife and then to Ida at the end and then how there aren't any opening credits other than like the director, producer and maybe production companies, or am I just to engrossed in the movie to see them. lol. Another plus for the movie is that it is Lauren and Matthew together.

Katka, wasn't the movie picked up by a Europian distributor at Sundance? Maybe that is why you got it on DVD there.

As for Chasing Destiny, I agree that Lauren is very beautiful in it especially when her hair is up.

Katka, Lauren in almost every scene of the movie is a great reason to watch it. I think TAM comes in 2nd with how much she is in the movie. I agree that after watching this movie, Jesse's song is so stuck in your head. Even if I see or hear something that makes me think of the movie it will set off the song in my head which is where it is right now. I really love the whole date with Jesse and Bobby, so many funny spots and sweet spots. This was another one of her movies that I shed a few tears during. Oh, and there's another "Leaving on a Jet Plane" moment. lol.

"Poetry fills your heart today & rainbows bring love"
SarahJ5941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:58 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

I haven't seen this movie in forever, but I was reminded of it yesterday because I saw the movie American Animals, which is a true story about a group of teenagers who tried to steal an incredibly valuable edition of "Birds of America." It was a good movie, and it made me want to rewatch Birds of America because I remember liking it.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Moderator of ...
Lauren Graham

You should rewatch it. I liked BoA. Especially Lauren's relationship with Matt. So cute they are. And when she swears a lot!
Old 05-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I was always wowed by this Movie! And last night I watched the movie and realized that another favorite is in the Movies too.. Ginnifer Goodwin. I love her on OUAT and I never recognized her because her hair is brown not black hahahaha. I love LG in this Movie so much... Especially the Scenes where she's trying to talk about a Baby.. It makes me so emotional
kathiLGfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread