Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I got the dvd. I just started sorta browsing through it with the commentary. Don't have time to watch it all right now but what I've seen/heard so far is very interesting. The thing that stands out for me and really makes me happy is that Lauren said she doesn't smoke anymore and it was tough for her to have to do the smoking scene. I know she had said a few years ago that she had quit smoking but then there were questions about if she had started up again. I'm glad she hasn't. Yay Lauren!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Yay! Lauren! Good for her.

Where did you find it, Debbie? Best Buy?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
I got the dvd. I just started sorta browsing through it with the commentary. Don't have time to watch it all right now but what I've seen/heard so far is very interesting. The thing that stands out for me and really makes me happy is that Lauren said she doesn't smoke anymore and it was tough for her to have to do the smoking scene. I know she had said a few years ago that she had quit smoking but then there were questions about if she had started up again. I'm glad she hasn't. Yay Lauren!
Ooh Debbie you've got me all excited I have to admit that I smoked in my early teens and stopped when I was about 17 but occasionally when I'm out & a friend or someone is smoking I really want one too & sometimes slip I'm glad that she has managed to stay off cigarettes. Very occaionally I think it can be heard in her voice - she throat clears quite frequently. Hello tangent!!

Have any of the europeans got the disc?!
Old 11-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
Yay! Lauren! Good for her.

Where did you find it, Debbie? Best Buy?
I rented it at Blockbuster and am just going to buy it from them. It's more expensive that way, but it's worth it.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Ahh, ok. I think I'm gonna try Best Buy on the way home...

And I had figured she quit (esp. with G&D), but it's nice to have confirmation, hahaha.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG rocks my socks (View Post)
Ahh, ok. I think I'm gonna try Best Buy on the way home...

And I had figured she quit (esp. with G&D), but it's nice to have confirmation, hahaha.
Best Buy is very likely to have it, Shannon. I just didn't want to drive the 20 minutes to get there when there's a Blockbuster 5 minutes from my house. I'd rather just pay the extra.

I have things to do and shouldn't watch the commentary all the way through, but I just can't help myself. I'm going to watch it right now and deal with everything else later.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Awww, please tell us poor europeans all the details. It's probably months til the dvd comes to us!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
Best Buy is very likely to have it, Shannon. I just didn't want to drive the 20 minutes to get there when there's a Blockbuster 5 minutes from my house. I'd rather just pay the extra.

I have things to do and shouldn't watch the commentary all the way through, but I just can't help myself. I'm going to watch it right now and deal with everything else later.
Yeah, I sure hope so i thought Target might, but no luck there last night. If they do, I'll be watching it tonight. Woo!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Haha, yay Lauren!
I assumed she quit, I can't imagine you can sing every day like that when you smoke.

Oh man, I want the DVD, too
Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Passionate Fan

So I watched about half of the commentary and then my kids came home from school and, well, life takes precedence. I'll watch the rest later or tomorrow. I've never really been a big fan of dvd commentary, but I am loving this. John Hindman, Kevin something or another, and Lauren are doing the commentary and they're just very interesting and funny. John really has a great personality.

Here are a couple of things that I found interesting. I'm putting them in spoilers tags in case anyone would rather wait on it.

Spoiler:
Old 11-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Debbie:
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And the other stuff is very interesting
Old 11-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copop (View Post)
Debbie:
Spoiler:

And the other stuff is very interesting
Spoiler:
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

I am glad I can buy the DVD in the US next week lol.

Great to finally have confirmation about the smoking part. Hope now people will stop asking.

And I second Kathrins question, I have the same lol.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
And I second Kathrins question, I have the same lol.
Yeah, I tried to answer it as best I could without actually going back and relistening to that part. Maybe Shannon will get the dvd tonight and will have a different take on what Lauren said.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I called like 4 places and no one had it, so I finally just ordered the blu ray from Amazon. Should have it friday they say. Commentary sounds interesting.