Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

ABC Family Marathon/Backstage Special Discussion Thread

I decided to start a thread for the marathon and backstage special since a great deal of dicussion will be probably started from this.

I have a question, I just got back from lunch so who's favorite or least favorite episode is Love, War, & Snow?

Scott's was the Pilot.
Lauren's was the Rory's Two Birthday Parties.

Is it Alexis' choice? It kind of surprises me that it would be her favorite.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Keiko's favorite was "Love, War, and Snow". Liza's was "Run Away Little Boy" and Kelly Bishop's was the one where her and Lorelai went to the spa together.

I love seeing what all of their favorites are. I can't wait until tomorrow for the episodes to start, I am taping all of it.

I think Alexis's favorite might be "Deer Hunters" because I was looking through what other episodes were left for the night and Lauren is in the beginning of "Festival of Living Art" saying it's a favorite of hers, so Alexis's must be "Deer Hunters", guess we'll find out.

Last edited by -Katie-; 10-03-2004 at 09:54 PM
Old 10-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did I miss the part that revealed what made Lauren cry??

Wish there could've been more!
Old 10-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Passionate Fan

That's what I was going to ask, I don't remember her saying, 'it made me cry everytime!' But, I thought for some reason Lauren seemed a little moody, and believe me I love her, but she was very...I dunno how to explain..just, didn't seem so into it. Get what I mean? I think part of it is because she always said in the past that she hates watching clips of herself, and they were playing a lot of clips- I don't know that might have something to do with it, but I loved the marathon, I'm watching Deer Hunters right now. It's time to pull out Season 1 again. That's for sure!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Master Fan

I thought that I saw the whole thing, but I don't think that the scene that makes Lauren cry was shown? Wow. That was the part that I was looking forward to the most.

Lauren's best comments were about Rory. I liked when she said that she helped Alexis prepare for the kiss scene. I thought that it was funny when she said Alexis sounded like a boy and that's what they were looking for.

Overall, it was okay. I just don't get why we had to see Yanic, Sean and Liz. I don't even think it was that important to see Liza and Keiko. although I like both of them.

Lauren rocks as usual. I did think she looked a little bored though.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I put the closed captions of the Backstage Special here. Whoever wants to make a transcript may find it helpful.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

I missed the Backstage Special because I had a social engagement tonight with a Professor...is it re-airing or can someone summarize for me what happened?

Old 10-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Passionate Fan

It should be playing again tomorrow night at 9/8 C, I believe.

Basically they just grouped together and talked about there roles, it was first, Alexis and Lauren, and then Ed and Kelly joined them, then Scott Patterson, then...Keiko & Liza, then Sean Gunn & Liz Torres, and then Yanic.

They didn't mention anything really about 5th season, besides the Dragonfly. They talked about Lorelai's relationship with Rory, and her parents, and Luke. Then Alexis, Liza, and Keiko talked about their relationships, on and off set.

It was cute, but they didn't mention anything we didn't already know. They showed a lot of clips from previous episodes, and just emphasized a lot on those--and the relationships played.

Sorry, not at all is that a good summary, but I'm sure there will be some clips later, or you could catch it tomorrow night!
Old 10-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Master Fan

I am so indescribably upset and irked they didn't show what scene makes Lauren "cry everytime." I watched the commerical and she's actually teary eyed in it. Now I HAVE to know! This is worse than a misleading promo. At least with those we eventually find out the truth.

Maybe we'll get lucky and ABC will sell an unedited version of this special on Ebay.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:07 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder how much they cut out.

Yeah, Lauren didn't seem too excited to be there. Neither did Alexis. What was funny was that they seemed nicest to each other, and would give each other looks and smiles, which I thought was so cute. Almost like anti-Brooke-Burke and anti-cheese ESP. It was great!

Watching Ed applaud Lauren after watching a clip was great to see, his admiration for her. Seeing the 4 Gilmores together was probably my favorite part, to be honest.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Canopus
I put the closed captions of the Backstage Special here. Whoever wants to make a transcript may find it helpful.
Thank you Canopus, you rising star, you. ;D

You can always tell when Lauren is speaking, even in CC. Just follow the umms, ahhs, likes, ya knows and the incomplete sentences. ;D

I'm sure she speaks this way because her mind works so quickly that her mouth can't keep up the pace. The interviewer, should really ask her to slow down a bit (and relax) between takes. Now I say this because of other inerviews I have seen her do. I have not seen this show, so I really don't know her state of mind or presence.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It turns out, yeah......they wanted a boy.
hehe. Who said this?

Quote:
"to have some, like, pictures to put around. 'You'll never see these...you'll never see these again," and we, they are all over the show and they're still... every time I pass it I turn it around.
What pictures are they talking about? Have we seen them?

Does anyone know where to find a video of the whole thing?

-Ainslie
there was cheesecake and pork chops everywhere.”

Last edited by Ainslie; 10-04-2004 at 05:43 AM
Old 10-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lauren said "It turns out, yeah......they wanted a boy."

I'm pretty sure they were refereing to these Season 1 Promo shots:
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Gilmore+Girls/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=11k2cue04/*-http%3A//gilmoregirls.tktv.net/images/gilmore.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Gilmore+Girls/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=118snb8vo/*-http%3A//www.tvacres.com/gilmore2.jpg[/IMG]

They do look kind of awkward in those, but that's understandable.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI
Old 10-04-2004, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

What did they want a boy for?

Old 10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
I am so indescribably upset and irked they didn't show what scene makes Lauren "cry everytime." I watched the commerical and she's actually teary eyed in it. Now I HAVE to know! This is worse than a misleading promo. At least with those we eventually find out the truth.

Maybe we'll get lucky and ABC will sell an unedited version of this special on Ebay.
The question is, "Why would they cut out something that interesting?" The show kept the boring parts but edited out something meaningful to Lauren.

Let's guess what Lauren was talking about:

1. Rory's graduation speech.
2. The birthday talk in bed. (seems unlikely since we heard Alexis's reaction)
3. When Lorelai/Rory parted at Yale. (seems unlikely since there was no mention of any season past season 1. ha ha)
4. The comforting scene at the end of The Break-Up II.

The way Lauren looked at Alexis, we know that it had to be a R/L scene.