Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

7.02 Discussion - That's What You Get, Folks, for Makin' Whoopee

Rory is upset over Logan's absence and the fact that they had to cancel their long-planned trip to Asia. Wanting to cheer Rory up and take her mind off her own sad love life, Lorelai turns her house into an Asian-themed wonderland. Lane returns from her disastrous honeymoon. While repairing the damage to the diner, Luke tells T.J. about his break-up with Lorelai, prompting T.J. and Liz to insist that Luke come over for dinner and sympathy. When Luke and Lorelai run into each other in town, Luke can't hide his anger over their breakup. Finally, Rory is furious when she learns that Lorelai slept with Christopher.

Air Date - October 3, 2006
Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

okay no one probably agrees with me but i thought this episode was great! i loved last weeks too. rory and lane were cracking me up when they were talking about celebrities and their crazy baby names lol. luke was breaking my heart when he was talking about how him and lorelei aren't right for each other. he has got it backwards. LL need to stop fighting and realize that they are perfect for each other. time will tell. i know all the spoilers but i truly believe in my heart that the show will end with them together and i don't care what happens in between.

i thought the rory/lorelei moments were really great. all of them. especially the closing scene where rory realized that everyone makes mistakes. i loved that rory ripped lorelei a new one but i am glad that rory came back and sat with her mom. oh and i must mention how great LG was. this is her page. she was great and is always great lol.

[Jack/Kate] "I asked you not to come back here for me and I wish...I wish that you hadn't. But I will come back here for you
Old 10-03-2006, 07:33 PM
Loyal Fan

You're not alone Kimsunder. I thought this epsiode was great. Rory told Lorelai what many of us have been saying for months, as did Liz with Luke. Also, I loved loved loved the Rory and Lane interaction. It brought me back to the early seasons with their relationship. The L/L scene in the grocery store broke my heart, but not as much as the next scene with Lorelai on the coach.

A few random thoughts...

I loved the parrallel when Lorelai said she not's perfect and when Rory said not all moms are perfect.

Brian cracked me up with his giant hat and his "Hola Rory."

The ending reminded me of when Lorelai broke up with Max, and even though Rory was mad at her she went and layed in bed with her while she was crying (I forget which exact episode)

And, as always, Lauren Graham was amazing. She does crying scenes like nobody's buisness.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

brian's hat cracked me up. even though the SL is sad this year DR is giving us a lot of little fun moments. oh wait when TJ gave luke that hug i almost fell off my seat. that was so hilarious. the moment was kind of sat hearing luke say he and lorelei were broken up but the way TJ was hugging him and how uncomfortable luke looked. it was hilarious!

[Jack/Kate] "I asked you not to come back here for me and I wish...I wish that you hadn't. But I will come back here for you
Old 10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And, as always, Lauren Graham was amazing. She does crying scenes like nobody's buisness.
WORD!! She's so amazing.

this episode all together was good, but incredibly sad. I loved the Rory & Lane stuff, brought memories of the earlier seasons. Poor Luke and Lorelai talking themselves into believing they just are not meant to be. Lies all of it.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglover76
Poor Luke and Lorelai talking themselves into believing they just are not meant to be. Lies all of it.
I don't think Lorelai is talking herself into believing that; it's mostly Luke. You saw the end scene: when Luke said all that stuff, you know, she didn't believe it. Both of them truly don't believe it, Luke's just still in denial that the April/lack of communication crap was what semi-caused the break-up.

I thought all the Lorelai/Rory scenes really went back to all the early seasons R/L stuff, like with the crazy Asian thing and the fight about sleeping with Chris (which way reminded me of the Max breakup in S1 (I think? lol). And the end part was way Rory & Lorelai. It made me happy.

I like this season better so far than last season. I'm excited for the rest of it.

ETA: Ok, so after like a little thought and rethinking that last scene, Lorelai actually might be talking herself into it now, or she's just accepting that it's over. But like I said, they both truly don't believe that they're not right for each other.

Last edited by SoSaysI81; 10-03-2006 at 08:38 PM
Old 10-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

i am excited too. i think it is going to be a great season. all the new writers give the show a fresh feeling. there are still 20 episodes left. i have completely faith though. anybody with me?

Old 10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

omg me too i loved this episode! acting was stunning, yes, i little off the gilmore track but way better than i could ever expect, i just, i dont know i loved it!
full review will be finished in my LJ when i re-watach it hah..

but i gotta say, i think ill like it better the second time around, i liked the way they ended it, i liked it from "end to begining" rather than "begining to end" wow that sounded stupid -_-, but its true, once i watched the end, i loved the begining more

EDIT-
if you really wanna get my review...
here it is, beware, its in DEPTH, haha
seven years of love and devotion, R.I.P Gilmore Girls October 5 2000 - May 15 2007.

Last edited by zevushlvr; 10-03-2006 at 11:23 PM
Old 10-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by conan vs bear (View Post)
ITA!

That last scene I still have watery eyes..
But yeah great episode! Loved this one much more than 7.01 actually!
And seriously I hated luke in that fight on the street but then where they ran into each other in the supermarket OMG how sweet was he there!
Loved the asian thing too
But I seriously thought Sookie, give Lorelai a hig already, during that lorelai/sookie scene! I already thought that last week but now she needed it even more..

Too lazy to typ all my thoughts now, maybe I'll do that later

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 10-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

i cant get over how great LG was..
the way her face sunk at every one of lukes words in the grocery store =[
and the last scene!!!! omg.......its reciculous how talented she is <3333

i never cried at an episode EVER, but Lauren made me cry in 7.02 ! lol

o how i love her
Old 10-04-2006, 02:20 PM
New Fan

i love this episode....lauren graham is always great... i like the moments when lorelai and luke don't talk to them..cos it's through these moments that we can understand how much they care for each other..ok now lorelai will be with chris...but she will come back with luke..i know that!
i like the relationship between lor and rory..it's almos like the first season, isn't it?? i'm gonna like this season...
good bye from italy!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

i just noticed something...
is it just me, or is chris's apartment place when luke pulls up the same apartment set as nicole and lukes apartment?!
looks just like the place lorelai and luke are where he kicks the car
seven years of love and devotion, R.I.P Gilmore Girls October 5 2000 - May 15 2007.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevushlvr (View Post)
i just noticed something...
is it just me, or is chris's apartment place when luke pulls up the same apartment set as nicole and lukes apartment?!
looks just like the place lorelai and luke are where he kicks the car
I'm sure they reuse sets and stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:46 PM
New Fan

I do agree that this episode was AMAZING! If LG doesnt get nominated for an Emmy this year then im done with the Emmys FOREVER :] ha

But.. Luke made me SO mad. I couldnt believe what he was saying to Lorelai. I would have slapped him :]

Oh! and did anyone else notice how different the shots were. It all seemed to much bigger

--Maeghan
Old 10-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

I know what you mean, Maeghan. Felt like there were more close up shots than there used to be. I'm not sure if I liked it.

And I think they reuse stuff too because if I recall when Rory and Lorelai went to see Chris after his dad died the place looked like that house of the Harvard guy that helped them out. Something Springsteen? I can't remember right now.