Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Virgin Territory #9: Finally on DVD, get it while it's HOT!

Art by Sam_MC

Art by Sam_MC

Art by Sam_MC

Title: Virgin Territory (aka Chasing Temptation, Angels and Virgins, Guilty Pleasures, The Decameron 'Angels & Virgins')
Role: Lorenzo
Co-starring: Mischa Barton, Tim Roth
Director: David Leland
Plot Outline: Young Florentines regale one another in the Italian countryside while the black plague decimates their city. Based on the novel by Giovanni Boccaccio.
Released: September 21st, 2007

The story

"A kissed mouth never loses its freshness. Like the moon, it always rises new again". - Giovanni Boccaccio

VIRGIN TERRITORY, a refreshing celebration of life in all its beauty, puts a modern spin on Giovanni Boccaccio's classic work of Italian literature.

In the 14th century, Florence was a city of pure delight, sumptuously prosperous: a city of art and culture where people of all ages celebrated life to the full. But in 1346 life changed. The city was ravaged by a merciless plague known as 'The Black Death'.

Lorenzo de Lamberti (Hayden Christensen) an innocent and adventurous young blood, finds himself on the wrong side of Gerbino de la Ratta (Tim Roth). De La Ratta's wealth has been gleaned from his ability to live on both sides of the law; murder is part of his armoury and Lorenzo is his prime target. Lorenzo escapes from Florence and finds refuge working as a gardener in a convent.

Pampinea Anastagi (Mischa Barton) is the only daughter of a respected and wealthy family who suddenly finds herself alone. Gerbino de la Ratta, who has designs on both her body and wealth, subtly threatens to confiscate her home to pay off her father's debts – then offers to marry her as an escape route from her imminent financial ruin. Pampinea counters that she has been betrothed to be married to a Russian count who is on his way to Florence from Novgorod.

Pampinea meets with a small group of friends and persuades them to escape Florence and travel to her family's villa in the countryside to act as witness to her marriage to the Russian Count. The marriage will release her both from Gerbino's unwanted attention and the threat of financial ruin.

As Pampinea's friends escape Florence and embark on a series of adventures of their own, Pampinea retreats to a convent where from behind her nun's veil – and after a secret kiss – she falls in love with Lorenzo. Lorenzo also falls in love, but does not know who has delivered the fatal heart-melting kiss.

The twists and turns of their love story and the adventures of their friends, finally lead to Pampinea's villa, where all the dramatic and comic conflicts and confusions of the numerous relationships finally come together and are resolved in a celebration of love and life in all their glory.

Writer/director David Leland's modern interpretation of Giovanni Boccaccio's classic work is a stimulating and erotic story of innocence, love, sex and lasting friendship. As these friends make their way through the Tuscan landscape they discover life through the tragedy and danger they left behind. It is a timeless tale full of irreverence and humour - rich with passion and sexuality – and has a unique vision and dramatic style of its own.

(Source)

Hayden talks about the role in the Vman Fall/Winter 2006 Issue

Quote:
MM Your Next film, Angels and Virgins, is based on The Decameron and has been described as a comedy set in the time of the Black Plague.

HC It will be unlike most films that are out there right now. It's definitely not a history lesson. I play this sort of wayfarer type named Lorenzo, who is constantly seeking adventure and getting himself into trouble. Throughout the movie he's trying to evade Tim Roth's character. I spend most of the film on the run, finding love and all that good stuff.

MM How is this character different from others you've played?

HC I don't talk a lot, actually. There's a large portion of the film where I'm pretending to be deaf and dumb, trying to seek refuge in a convent. I end up enjoying myself with the sisters. It's a straightforward comedy, and I've never done that before. It was an opportunity to say I did a comedy, but "did" is the operative word. I would do a black comedy in the future but I'm really not a comedic actor. That's a whole skill into itself and I don't pretend to have it – at least not on-screen.

MM Pasolini's original version of The Decameron was known for its explicit sex. Did you have to go there?

HC There's a lot of nudity and sex in ours too, but it's irreverent. Poking fun at it. There are sexually explicit scenes but you don't see me naked. A breast every now and again, and then they cut away. Mischa Barton plays a girl I have a thing for and she ends up in the convent, and we get together. I had to kiss her but no love scenes. It was fine – you know.
Trailer!

Download version #1 or version #2 (courtesy of DH.net) or watch version #2 on YouTube

Check out Anchor Bay's Youtube Channel for lots of clips on Virgin Territory.
YouTube - starzmedia's Channel

Pictures

(click to enlarge)

Previous threads

Decameron: Angels and Virgins (Lorenzo) It looks sooooooooooooooo good! *SPOILERS*
The Decameron: Angels and Virgins #2: Hayden in a dress AND tights? SCORE! *SPOILERS*
Decameron: Angels & Virgins #3: 'Cos the leather outfit emphasizes his tan *SPOILERS*
Guilty Pleasures #4: Hayden in a bathtub? SCORE! *SPOILERS*
Angels & Virgins #5: Hayden brings us the heat, in leather!!*SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #6: By the time this movie is released we will reach #50! *SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #7: Cos who wouldn't wanna take off his clothes? *SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #8: Release this movie before we lose all hope! *SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #9: Finally on DVD, get it while it's HOT!

Title was by Maria, thanks!

Last edited by BehrItAll; 08-23-2009 at 08:04 PM
Old 11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Szilvia, I also should watch my copy soon.
I said I would but have found little time.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Elite Fan

what do you people do with all of your time?
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 11-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

work, commute, sleep, post on and LJ.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Good to see the new thread.

Steph, new releases are on for a special price right now at our video store, plus I have a coupon for a free 1-week rental to go along with that, so there's a good chance I'll be renting VT soon.

Maria, since you asked...I'm finishing up with BSG S3 DVD's, plus keeping up with SV, Heroes, PB, House, Bones, The Office...and that's only the entertainment-related stuff.

icon: Spike it up
Old 11-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Coupons are the best
What else will you rent?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Coupons make my day.
Hmm, I haven't gotten that far in the decision-making process. Any recommendations for me?
I'll also consult my 'must-see' list tomorrow and decide.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Umm, none I can think of at the moment.
The Must-See list is a good thing to fall back on. And you get to scratch off the list instead of adding it to it

Today I just rented Deception with Ewan, Hugh Jackman, and Michelle Williams.
And the two Underworld movies. So I have those to see.
Old 11-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My list does need to get shorter instead of longer.
In fact, Deception is on my list.
My coupon is good until Dec. 2nd, so I'll rent VT by then - probably next weekend.

Enjoy your rentals.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh cool. I'll let you know what I think of Deception.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great! I'm sure Ewan will rock. Hugh and Michelle are very talented as well, of course.

*looks at pics in OP again*

I'm guessing Hayden's hair in this film had just the right style for the role/time period...and the brown leather outfit looks so good on him...

Old 11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea what the hair styles were back then. They all look to modern to me.
But that is the length I like on Hayden.
He does look hot in his costume.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not knowledgable about that either...hairstyles in the 1300's were probably very different from what we see now!
I'm looking forward to the blindfold scene.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think so too.

The blindfold scene was quite sexy.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm preparing myself for the entire movie to be that way.