Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Virgin Territory #8: Release this movie before we lose all hope!

Art by Sam_MC

Art by Sam_MC

Art by Sam_MC

Title: Virgin Territory (aka Chasing Temptation, Angels and Virgins, Guilty Pleasures, The Decameron 'Angels & Virgins')
Role: Lorenzo
Co-starring: Mischa Barton, Tim Roth
Director: David Leland
Plot Outline: Young Florentines regale one another in the Italian countryside while the black plague decimates their city. Based on the novel by Giovanni Boccaccio.
Released: September 21st, 2007

The story

"A kissed mouth never loses its freshness. Like the moon, it always rises new again". - Giovanni Boccaccio

VIRGIN TERRITORY, a refreshing celebration of life in all its beauty, puts a modern spin on Giovanni Boccaccio's classic work of Italian literature.

In the 14th century, Florence was a city of pure delight, sumptuously prosperous: a city of art and culture where people of all ages celebrated life to the full. But in 1346 life changed. The city was ravaged by a merciless plague known as 'The Black Death'.

Lorenzo de Lamberti (Hayden Christensen) an innocent and adventurous young blood, finds himself on the wrong side of Gerbino de la Ratta (Tim Roth). De La Ratta's wealth has been gleaned from his ability to live on both sides of the law; murder is part of his armoury and Lorenzo is his prime target. Lorenzo escapes from Florence and finds refuge working as a gardener in a convent.

Pampinea Anastagi (Mischa Barton) is the only daughter of a respected and wealthy family who suddenly finds herself alone. Gerbino de la Ratta, who has designs on both her body and wealth, subtly threatens to confiscate her home to pay off her father's debts – then offers to marry her as an escape route from her imminent financial ruin. Pampinea counters that she has been betrothed to be married to a Russian count who is on his way to Florence from Novgorod.

Pampinea meets with a small group of friends and persuades them to escape Florence and travel to her family's villa in the countryside to act as witness to her marriage to the Russian Count. The marriage will release her both from Gerbino's unwanted attention and the threat of financial ruin.

As Pampinea's friends escape Florence and embark on a series of adventures of their own, Pampinea retreats to a convent where from behind her nun's veil – and after a secret kiss – she falls in love with Lorenzo. Lorenzo also falls in love, but does not know who has delivered the fatal heart-melting kiss.

The twists and turns of their love story and the adventures of their friends, finally lead to Pampinea's villa, where all the dramatic and comic conflicts and confusions of the numerous relationships finally come together and are resolved in a celebration of love and life in all their glory.

Writer/director David Leland's modern interpretation of Giovanni Boccaccio's classic work is a stimulating and erotic story of innocence, love, sex and lasting friendship. As these friends make their way through the Tuscan landscape they discover life through the tragedy and danger they left behind. It is a timeless tale full of irreverence and humour - rich with passion and sexuality – and has a unique vision and dramatic style of its own.

(Source)

Hayden talks about the role in the Vman Fall/Winter 2006 Issue

Quote:
MM Your Next film, Angels and Virgins, is based on The Decameron and has been described as a comedy set in the time of the Black Plague.

HC It will be unlike most films that are out there right now. It's definitely not a history lesson. I play this sort of wayfarer type named Lorenzo, who is constantly seeking adventure and getting himself into trouble. Throughout the movie he's trying to evade Tim Roth's character. I spend most of the film on the run, finding love and all that good stuff.

MM How is this character different from others you've played?

HC I don't talk a lot, actually. There's a large portion of the film where I'm pretending to be deaf and dumb, trying to seek refuge in a convent. I end up enjoying myself with the sisters. It's a straightforward comedy, and I've never done that before. It was an opportunity to say I did a comedy, but "did" is the operative word. I would do a black comedy in the future but I'm really not a comedic actor. That's a whole skill into itself and I don't pretend to have it – at least not on-screen.

MM Pasolini's original version of The Decameron was known for its explicit sex. Did you have to go there?

HC There's a lot of nudity and sex in ours too, but it's irreverent. Poking fun at it. There are sexually explicit scenes but you don't see me naked. A breast every now and again, and then they cut away. Mischa Barton plays a girl I have a thing for and she ends up in the convent, and we get together. I had to kiss her but no love scenes. It was fine – you know.
Trailer!

Download version #1 or version #2 (courtesy of DH.net) or watch version #2 on YouTube

Check out Anchor Bay's Youtube Channel for lots of clips on Virgin Territory.
YouTube - starzmedia's Channel

Pictures

(click to enlarge)

Previous threads

Decameron: Angels and Virgins (Lorenzo) It looks sooooooooooooooo good! *SPOILERS*
The Decameron: Angels and Virgins #2: Hayden in a dress AND tights? SCORE! *SPOILERS*
Decameron: Angels & Virgins #3: 'Cos the leather outfit emphasizes his tan *SPOILERS*
Guilty Pleasures #4: Hayden in a bathtub? SCORE! *SPOILERS*
Angels & Virgins #5: Hayden brings us the heat, in leather!!*SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #6: By the time this movie is released we will reach #50! *SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #7: Cos who wouldn't wanna take off his clothes? *SPOILERS*
Virgin Territory #8: Release this movie before we lose all hope! *SPOILERS*

Title was by Steph, thanks!

Last edited by BehrItAll; 08-27-2008 at 08:05 PM
Old 11-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We'd need a new banner because of the recustomization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167 (View Post)

Laura,hon,not everyone has the patience to see 3 movies that last like 3 and a half hours/a piece,especially if they're not fans of Lotr...
I wasn't a fan when I saw the first movie either. And those 3 hours just fly by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSTARwarsROXx (View Post)
come on if Jumper comes out before VT does I'm gonna freak
That's most likely gonna happen, I have no doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo (View Post)
yes i am new to this board, but have always been a hayden fan!

I actually saw a picture or still for VT in a magazine a really long time ago, it was a little picture timeline for mishca and so i was like and hayden is in the movie i am definatly going to see it , well i had forgottten about cause nothing came up and so when the commercials for AWAKE came out i went on Imdb and still saw VT waiting to come out ...so i came here to get the low down and I feel for you guys the wait sounds like its been putting you on an emotional rollarcoster, i want to see it too though so now i think i have joined the ride!
Welcome to the board, emo! I'm Laura.

Yeah, we've been waiting for an eternity, it feels. I know the title says before we lose all hope but I think I've lost it already. This movie has brought nothing but misery to us fangirls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Laura, no never saw any LOTR films. Don't throw things at me.
One day I'll sit down to watch them.
I'm not throwing things! But I do recommend you watch them, they are great.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
We'd need a new banner because of the recustomization
We do? They look good to me.

I'll see the one day.

And yes, despite the title I have lost hope.

I expect to find it in a dvd discount bin one day at a drug store....
Old 11-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
We do? They look good to me.
Yeah we totally do, the first one doesn't blend into the background anymore.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww that's ok. I doesn't have to.

I still like it. We wouldn't get rid of it right?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, if we got one with the right background colour, yep we would. But let's see what Sam can do.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

Finally got around to making something. I hope its a suitable replacement.

Sorry about the size btw, it started off much smaller then just kinda expanded lol.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow! That's absolutely gorgeous! And the size doesn't bother me at all, the bigger the better. Thanks so much, Sam!
Old 12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG! I love it. Oh it's beautiful!
Brava
Old 12-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Supreme Fan

great banners..and great title

Steph,I agree.I'd like to see it at the theatre,but hey direct dvd release elimates the wait,but we've already waited 2 years so
Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

more than 2 years!

What is their problem!?
I mean really...
Old 12-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Wow that new piece is really beautiful Sam!

I think their problems are too numerous to mention
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 12-04-2007, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Brand New "Virgin Territory" Poster
12-04-2007 (15:00:32)

Today we have an international poster for the upcoming Mischa Barton and Hayden Christensen film "Virgin Territory." It features the two actors, peeking through the sheets, with the tagline stating: "Sex, Lie and Tradition."

The story revolves around ten young Florentines, who take refuge in the Italian countryside in 1348 as the black plague ravages the city. While together, they amuse each other with earthy stories about love and adventure.

David Leland ("Band of Brothers") directed the film, which has been delayed several times. At this point, it does not have a US release date, although it is tentatively targeted for 2008.

Source
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167 (View Post)
I think their problems are too numerous to mention
You can add that ugly poster to the list

WTF!

I hate it. I HATE it!

It's the stupidest poster ever!

I hate feet.

And shouldn't "Lie" be "Lies"?

Sex, Lies and Tradition.

It looks so cheep.

I have to get away before the vain in my head pops.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What a reaction!

It's not that bad. In fact, I like this poster. It's much better than the previous one. Didn't you notice that Hayden is shirtless?

You're probably right on lie/lies. They should fix that.

And what's this thing with feet? They're feet, everybody has them.