Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Takers #1: Everyone's after something *SPOILERS*

Takers (2010)

A group of bank robbers find their $20 million plan interrupted by a hard-boiled detective.

Takers - Worldwide Release Dates

Quote:
According to Variety, it looks as if Takers will be now be released on May 14, 2010, instead of February 2010. Source

Also, The official Taker’s Facebook has changed the release date.

TAKERS
* May 14, 2010
* Action
* Directed by John Luessenhop
* Written by Peter Allen & Gabriel Casseus and John Luessenhop & Avery Duff
* Produced by Will Packer, Tip “T.I.” Harris and Jason Geter
* Executive Producers Glenn S. Gainor, Gabriel Casseus, Chris Brown, Morris Chestnut
* Cast – Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Idris Elba, Jay Hernandez, Michael Ealy, Tip “T.I.” Harris, with Chris Brown and Hayden Christensen

TAKERS takes you into the world of a notorious group of criminals (Idris Elba, Paul Walker, T.I., Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen and Michael Ealy) who continue to baffle police by pulling off perfectly executed bank robberies. They are in and out like clockwork, leaving no evidence behind and laying low between heists. But when they attempt to pull off one last job with more money at stake than ever before, the crew may find their plans interrupted by a hardened detective (Matt Dillon) who is hell-bent on solving the case.

TAKERS is rated PG13 for “intense sequences of violence and action, a sexual situation/partial nudity and some language.”
Source
Quote:
Looks as if Takers has been pushed back yet again. Instead of being released in May, the date is now set for August 20th.

Sony’s Screen Gems Moves Around Schedule

Sony’s Screen Gems has made a few changes to its release schedule today. First up, the studio is moving comic book adaptation Priest back from Aug. 20 to Jan. 14, 2011 and it will now be released in 3D.

With that change, Screen Gems has pushed back Takers from May 15 to Aug. 20.
Source

Trailer:
YouTube - takersmovie's Channel

Previous Threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f122/takers-.../#post39523948

Last edited by BehrItAll; 07-10-2010 at 12:16 PM
Old 09-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Steph it looks great
I haven't seen the poster before,I really like it
I like that Hayden's like front and center eventhough he has a bit odd expression on his face...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.
I hadn't either. Hayden is in the center!!!!!!

He seems to be looking down, at the gun or the champaign instead.

some new stills out
HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN PHOTO ARCHIVE @ DESIRING HAYDEN.NET

Last edited by BehrItAll; 09-19-2009 at 02:43 PM
Old 09-20-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yay, a new thread! Thanks Steph!

Wow, the poster looks amazing! I love that Hayden's front and center too, awesome. And the trailer is still great! And those stills, wow looks like this movie will be really action packed! I think it's gonna be great and I'm gonna love it, I love exactly this type of movies.

Man I'm all excited about this. Yay!
Old 09-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Yup,he's in the center all right! and his name is separately the last one! Those stills look good Steph,thanks! and I agree with Laura I'm really excited about this one and I really think I'm gonna like it

but guys,look closer at the poster for a while,doesn't Paul Walker's, Hayden's and T.I:s (the black guy next to Hayden...) heads look kinda weird?? as if they didn't belong to their bodies?? especially Paul Walker's!! look at his neck! he looks like his head was pasted on from somewhere else to that body...and doesn't Hayden's expression look kinda weird since everyone else is looking straight into the camera or they look very "sharp" where as Hayden kinda looks like he's stoned... and if you look at T.I in the trailer,doesn't he look a lot skinnier especially around the shoulders in the trailer than in that poster? maybe it's just me,but something's off about that poster!!

eta:

okay,this version of the poster looks more "legit",I guess I was wrong...in this version Paul's neck looks more normal... Hayden's expression is still odd,but maybe he is a stoner in the movie Exclusive: The Poster for Takers - ComingSoon.net
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
but guys,look closer at the poster for a while,doesn't Paul Walker's, Hayden's and T.I:s (the black guy next to Hayden...) heads look kinda weird?? as if they didn't belong to their bodies?? especially Paul Walker's!! look at his neck! he looks like his head was pasted on from somewhere else to that body...and doesn't Hayden's expression look kinda weird since everyone else is looking straight into the camera or they look very "sharp" where as Hayden kinda looks like he's stoned...
I noticed the same thing a moment ago. I don't know, maybe it's still in works or something? Overall it looks cool, I think most people don't really pay attention to details like that.

Quote:
and his name is separately the last one!
I like that too! It's both in the trailer (as mentioned in the news thread) and in the poster, like "AND Hayden Christensen". Awesome!
Old 09-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Great! I'm not crazy then! yeah it must be in the works still...it's a big budget movie after all...I didn't notice it at first but last night it struck me! I was sure you'd notice these things,you always do and I'm like "huh"?"

Yeah I really like how they separated! you always know in these things the first and last are the crucial ones,especially with the "and"
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-21-2009, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are definitely not crazy Maria.
Paul's neck does look different. At the top there is this dark shadow on it so it looks like he has no neck. At the site it looks normal.

OMG HAyden does look a bit stoned!

T.I. maybe they beefed him up for the poster

Should I change he top poster to the one from the site?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

yeah,exactly! he's like Paul no neck!

He does!! doesn't he!?? especially compared to the looks on the other guys' faces! I really hope that's not the final poster!

that would be odd...because he's rather skinny in person

That might be a good idea,if you're not bothered to do it
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

It looks so weird. I have to change it after this post.

I have found that several posters are released before the film comes out. So we can replace it eventually.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

yeah, thanks for doing that!! Paul has a neck,atleast,yay!

Yeah,that does happen,so we'll probably get a better one closer to the premiere
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem. The one with no neck I found at DH.net

I hope it gets better and not more weird.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder where dh.net got it from...

Me too!! like real floating heads or something
icon credit
Hayden
Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, the one in the OP now certainly looks better. I don't think Hayden looks that bad actually.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Elite Fan

I think he seems like a big mismatch to the rest of the crowd,like they cut him in out of another movie but I dunno,not having seen the movie,maybe he is different than the rest
icon credit
Hayden