Elite Fan

Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith #3 *SPOILERS*

There you go guys post away!!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wahoo, new thread, thanks, Sab!
Old 06-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just happened to have the DVD in my bag at school on friday and there was a supply teacher..who didn't do anything..so we watched ROTS in class and we were all discussing it..it was really funny because I kept on saying all the lines at the romantic parts and I turned up the volume so everyone could *appreciate* those scenes haha.. all the guys think I'm crazy now cuz I was trying to convince them that it's really a love story
Old 06-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

I agree it is a love story at the heart of the story. He was so scared of losing the love of his life that he turned evil. Do you guys think the Sith put those images in his head so he would be more easily swayed to the Dark Side in order to try to save Padme?

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter

Last edited by k46; 06-05-2005 at 04:39 PM
Old 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, Kim you have a good point... and Shivani(i hope that's how you spell your name... ) you were right, it is a love story, a very tragic one, but it is one...

That's what makes the movie so tragic...because he loved her so much, he was willing to do anything not to lose her....it doesn't justify all the horrible things he did though....but their love was so beautiful before everything went wrong
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

yea that's how you spell it. All those things he did made the movie all the more romantic and it showed how much he did love her, and the things he was willing to do to save Padme. Although when she realises it what he did she doesn't agree with it at all.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

okay, I'm glad I got it right!

yeah, in a twisted/sick kinda way it showed he loved her but in the end it went on to possession and obsession..../the other side...

and yeah, well you want to believe the best of the people you love...that's why she didn't want to believe it...
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by k46
Do you guys think the Sith put those images in his head so he would be more easily swayed to the Dark Side in order to try to save Padma?
That thought crossed my mind, too. I think Palpatine had something to do with the dream occuring.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:41 PM
Master Fan

I was bawling at the end when she died. I couldn't believe that he was tricked in such a way. For I firmly believe she would of been just fine if he hadn't gone to the dark side. The fact that she died of a broken heart really is so powerful and heartbreaking. I guess that is the reason why the Jedi aren't suppose to be in love.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 06-05-2005, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, Anakin was so badly manipulated. I also think Padme would have been just fine if he hadn't turned. If Anakin hadn't believe the dream was gonna come true, it wouldn't have happened. But everything he did to prevent the dream from coming true took them both closer to the end. So sad.

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 06-06-2005 at 05:22 AM
Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

it was such an evil manipulation
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was so used.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Here's a cool pic. I don't remember where I found it, though...

Everyone's there, except Sir Alec Guinness.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh wow, that's awesome. It took me a second to realize that it was everybody.

LJ
Old 06-06-2005, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

That is a really cool picture...It was in Vanity Fair on the cover...in an issue maybe last year or earlier this year...
icon credit
Hayden