Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Star Wars (AOTC & ROTS) #1: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

:

Hayden portrayed Anakin Skywalker, soon-to-be Darth Vader, in the second and third installments of the Star Wars saga,

Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002)
and
Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)

------------------------

Story of Anakin Skywalker

(to be added)

------------------------

Once upon a time, during the best (worst?) ROTS hype the board use to have four (4) Star Wars related threads. Those were good times. Three of those have merged to this brand new general Star Wars thread where we can appreciate Hayden's role as Anakin and all things SW (excluding Forbidden Lovers = Anakin/Padme).

However, if anyone wants to take a trip down memory lane, I present to you:

The Star Wars Archives

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Star Wars, Episode III
Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith #2
Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith #3
Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith #4
Star Wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith #5: Darth Vader was Anakin's destiny
http://www.fanforum.com/f122/star-wa...lete-62772545/

Anakin Skywalker Appreciation

Banners by Tasha (xO_tasha)

Anakin Skywalker - *Because Hayden can pull off the bad guy thing*
Anakin Skywalker #2: Because he makes turning bad look so damn good!
Anakin Skywalker #3: Because he is our Chosen One
Anakin Skywalker #4: The Force is strong with this jedi!
Anakin Skywalker #5: He's evil and yet so hot! [Thread gone but not forgotten ]
Anakin Skywalker #6: Because he was a beautiful disaster
Anakin Skywalker #7: This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker, forever…

Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi Appreciation

Banners by Tasha (xO_tasha)

Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi Appreciation Thread - The Real Love Story of Star Wars
Anakin & Obi-Wan Kenobi Appreciation Thread #2: Because Obi loved him like a brother

------------------------

Previous threads:

Star Wars (AOTC & ROTS) #1: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 03-14-2009 at 08:33 AM
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The opening post is stil, heavily under construction.

Bringing some stuff over from the last thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
George Lucas is on Conan tonight, May 1st

TheForce.Net - Latest News - Q&A With Conan O'Brien Over At StarWars.com
Quote:
"Conan O'Brien is in San Francisco this week, hosting NBC's "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" from the city by the bay. Tonight, his guests include Star Wars creator George Lucas. Earlier, he paid a visit to Lucasfilm's Presidio-based headquarters and scoped out the work of digital artists at Industrial Light & Magic (watch the video here). Starwars.com caught up with O'Brien and tested his Star Wars mettle to see just how big a fan he is."
Conan cracks me up!
Star Wars: Community | Q & A with Conan O'Brien
Quote:
Starwars.com caught up with O'Brien and tested his Star Wars mettle to see just how big a fan he is.
What is your first Star Wars memory?

I went with my brothers to see the first Star Wars movie in 1977. It was then and there I decided to one day build my own Death Star and tyrannize the galaxy.

Were you the kind of kid who would play with Star Wars toys? What was your first toy?

I once sent four stormtroopers to my sister's Malibu Barbie Dream House. They ransacked the place and interrogated Barbie for over two hours.

Which Star Wars film is your all-time favorite and why?

As a real aficionado, my true favorite is the obscure, never released Episode 2A: The Passive-Aggressive Email Chain of the Sith.

Obviously you have the best hair in our galaxy, but which Star Wars character has the best hair and why?

Chewbacca -- George Lucas revealed to me personally that Chewie has one massive comb-over that starts at his lower back.

Which character do you think could fill in for you on your show if you were to swap lives?

Boba Fett -- if a guest cancelled at the last minute, he could go out, capture David Arquette and bring him back to the studio encased in carbonite.

Why do you think the Star Wars films are referenced so much in pop culture in movies and TV shows?

It may have something to do with the fact that they've been seen by over a billion people worldwide. That or it's an amazing coincidence.

Which character do you identify with the most in the entire Star Wars saga and why?

Princess Leia -- because I almost made out with my brother once, too.

Which character do you think is the most-underrated and under-appreciated and why?

Salacious Crumb! He laughed at everything Jabba the Hutt said even when Jabba's material was sub-par. He'd make a great sidekick.

What is your favorite Star Wars moment in all the films?

It had to be when the Empire has to halt construction of a shield generator because of a carpenters' strike. Those scenes with Darth Vader haggling with a shop foreman are priceless.

How has Star Wars, or sci-fi/fantasy movies and comics in general, influenced your work?

In the early years of the show, I interviewed all my celebrity guests accompanied by a sweeping John Williams score. I'd still be doing it today if Max hadn't pissed off the string section.

Why are you proud to call yourself a Star Wars fan?

The Star Wars movies are visually stunning, vastly creative and have influenced generations of bright young people. Plus, if George Lucas cancels his appearance on my show, I'll be stuck talking to the creator of the BeastMaster series.

Having Triumph the Insult Comic Dog entertain fans in line to see Attack of the Clones was brilliant! What was your favorite moment in that segment?

When Triumph asked the fan dressed as Darth Vader which button on his chest plate calls his parents to pick him up.

What did you think of "Saturday Night Live" comedian Bill Hader's tauntaun impression he did on your show awhile back?

It was the best tauntaun impression I've ever seen on the show. It blew Martha Stewart's out of the water.

You once interviewed Harrison Ford and showed him his role in the classic "Star Wars Holiday Special." What are your own thoughts about the show?

It was just further proof that network television can screw up anything. As for Harrison Ford, during the commercial break, he dug his thumb into my carotid artery and said, "If you ever show that again, it's lights out, Irish."

What was your favorite part of visiting Lucasfilm/ILM when you were here in San Francisco?

The part when Lucas took me into a glass elevator. It smashed through the roof and he told me the entire chocolate factory was mine. That poor man has lost his mind.

How did you get involved in the "Robot Chicken: Star Wars" special, and why are you excited about the voice acting role?

Seth Green has been a good friend to our show. He called me personally and I was really pleased with the result. The guys at "Robot Chicken" are really talented and are a lot of fun to work with.

Since you often have cameos in hit TV shows, what would you like your role to be if you were in the upcoming Star Wars live-action show?

I'd like to play an alien bounty hunter who has a reality show on FOX. He arrests white trash Ewoks, Wookiees and wampas at low-rent Florida motels.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And some more...

Quote:
Some info on The History Channel's Star Wars special this month
hay_ew: Mark May 28th on your calendar
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattousaiCV (View Post)
Just got the AOTC and ROTS DVDs yesterday. The deleted scenes make me hope they eventually come out with "Extended edition" versions of the prequels, especially when hearing ROTS was about an hour longer. Can't get enough of that Jedi Mullet! (or buff beastly body ).

Ewan McGregor looks like a trip, breaking out into random dances and sillyness
Old 05-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Supreme Fan

beautiful new thread

but you took my banner down
Old 05-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What banner? We didn't have a SW banner, I only saved the Anakin and Ani/Obi banners from their respective threads (you can see them as thumbnails).
Old 05-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, for an under construction open post that is awesome Laura
I love it so far.

Great recaps for the convos

and I'd like so add this. Today, May 25 in 1977 Star Wars premired soooooo....
Happy 30 Years STAR WARS

Old 05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

I never thought I'd be hyped up to get a hi-def player, but these pics have changed my mind...

http://tiedostot.pilvikaupunki.net/R...0i/cap0132.jpg
http://tiedostot.pilvikaupunki.net/A...p-10414009.png

from-
Pilvikaupunki.net/ROTS1080i
Pilvikaupunki.net/ROTS1080i

Both could use WAY more Anakin then they have up though..
Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
What banner? We didn't have a SW banner, I only saved the Anakin and Ani/Obi banners from their respective threads (you can see them as thumbnails).
I made a banner for the Anakin/Obi-Wan thread,what happened?

30 years!..isn't it amazing!!
Old 05-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those are a lot of caps
The very top link didn't work though

Marissa, I think I know which banner you mean.
The one where Obi see Anakin kneeling before Sidious, right?

it is amazing!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow!...30 years,I wish I was around that time

I keep hearing rumors of another SW movie and Lucas said the story was completed

But they're said to be re-released in 3-D Imax and there's a CGI animated series coming out next year!,it takes place between Episode 2 and 3 and much of the cast from the prequels are said to be doing voiceovers

Steph,I know that banner but that's not the one..it was the one with Anakin and Obi-Wan's hands and it said
"Anakin and Obi-Wan would never fight each other..they're a team,the team..and both of them were sure they always would be"
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like being under 30
30 feels old

Those are just rumors
He's working on 2 tv series.

I know what banner you mean
Post it up.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I had a point to making this post, but looking at these pics I forgot it.

Oh yeah, I'm highly anticipating a hi-def boxed set of all 6 films (or even just the Prequels, just imagine the above shots even bigger and clearer!).
I know they've dedicated quite a bit of "extras" to the lightsaber fights, but they were so damn good, people want more . I keep hearing/reading alot got cut out, so it'd be nice to see all the usable takes they had, from all of them. Even if it's sans effects/backgrounds, that would be good. More shots from the training sessions would also be cool .
It'd also be nice to see from ROTS in particular:
The full "hour long" version of The Invisible Hand/rescue scene.
Anakin's fight with Cin Drallig and the others at the Jedi Temple.
Restore Padme's deleted rebel talk scenes into the full movie.
A blooper reel like the other 2 had.
Extended Battle of the Heroes of course!

The deleted scenes with Anakin and Padme on Naboo from AOTC should also be put back in. Them together with her family at the house was particularly nice.

From the sound of things, any collection (especially one in a new format because of the format war) is a long way off
Old 06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that shot of Vaderkin's tushy. :squeeze:

I took that.

As of now there are no plans for a 6 movie box set

I did hear of the prequels coming out on HD or Blue Ray. I have to look it up on the Star Wars thread.

So on Sunday Robot Chicken on Adult Swim will air a Star Wars spoof episode
Cool Stuff - Totally Fowl: <i>Robot Chicken</i> Chokes <i>Star Wars</i>

check out the site it has a youtube trailer
Quote:
Totally Fowl: Robot Chicken Chokes Star Wars

Why should you tune in to Adult Swim's Robot Chicken: Star Wars special this weekend? Let's consider:

1) Because of the constellation of, er, stars lending their voices to the cause, including Conan O'Brien, Robert Smigel, Hulk Hogan, Mark Hamill and Joey Fatone.

2) Because you want to see a bunch of stop-motion animated action figures reimagine your favorite scenes with pant-splitting, completely inappropriate punch lines.

3) Because George Lucas not only approved of the whole thing but agreed to make a voice cameo.

4) Because it's got Abraham Lincoln in it.

5) Because series creators, Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, are two of the funniest men on television, as evidenced by the preview above.

Robot Chicken: Star Wars airs every hour on the hour as part of the Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Robot Chicken marathon running between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Sunday
Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Marissa, the banner you are talking about was used in the Ani/Obi thread and since this is a general SW thread, I didn't carry it over here. But the opening post is still under construction so it's possible I'll add more artwork there.

Wow, those hi-def caps are gorgeous! They really make me wanna get a hi-def player too. Thanks for posting Serena, as well as the pics of Anakin's tush.

And really really sucks that they won't release a 6 movie box set. I only have ROTS on DVD cos I've been holding out to the "sixpack" and now there's not gonna be one? Why? Doesn't GL want our money all of a sudden?

That Robot Chicken special looks funny. I loved their skit on Titanic, too.

And I gotta mention, I read the Conan interview (again), man he's hilarious! I love Conan!

ETA: I almost forgot. Happy belated 30-year anniversary to Star Wars! I love that "Skywalker 30 years" poster.

Here's the history of Star Wars:

Star Wars: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

ETA: Someone interviewing Yoda on AOTC.

Critic After Dark: Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones (George Lucas, 2002)

Last edited by Cereal Killer; 06-16-2007 at 03:22 PM
Old 06-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I got to check out those links

I never saw Robot Chicken before. So excited for the SW eppy tomorrow night. I wanna tape it.

Conan!