Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Shattered Glass Thread #1.5(?) - It's out on DVD now!

Since the thread for this movie has been pruned, I thought I'd start another one.

Has anyone besides me and Supergirl seen this movie?

It's out on DVD now, so there's no excuse! [img]smilies/whip.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

*waves hand furiously*

Oooh, me, me, I've seen it too! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I saw it in the theaters about a week ago [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And I really liked the movie, I thought Hayden did a great job with that, allthough his character gave me very conflicting feelings...Sometimes I found him so annoying and I was like "why did you have to go and do that!?" and at other times I was all like awww! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] In the end I couldn't help but feel bad for him, but that I consider maybe to be more the fact that it was Hayden doing the acting, well I might've felt bad otherwise too, but probably not nearly as much... But annoying or not, if someone's acting provokes feelings in you, it's a sign he's doing something right [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

okay, end of rant [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, pity we lost the old thread. But no reason not to start over. Thanks for starting this. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Oh yeahhh...Maria can join in 'cause she's seen it now! Woo, woo. *does a lil dance* [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] Greaaaat movie, I must say. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

master yoda167, what you posted proves that Hayden did his job. People felt that way about the real Stephen Glass. They were charmed by him often enough to let him slip. Then were repulsed when they realized the consequences.

Of course I thought he did a fantastic job. Oscar worthy even, but academy members like scenery chewing so... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2004, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yup, I can join in now! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

wanderer- I agree with you about Hayden doing his job good, like I said if the acting of someone rises feelings in you, it's working and the acting is good, it doesn't matter whether the feelings are good or bad...Well I don't really know anything from the real Stephen Glass outside the movie, but I can imagine things being the way you said...

Well it was an amazing movie, great acting, Oscarworthy even, but to tell the truth I kinda lost respect for the Oscars after Titanic won 11 of them [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I don't mean to offend anyone, but I just think that movie sucked big time...
Oh and feel free to call me Maria, if you want... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Master Fan

I saw it already.
I hated when he said "Are you mad at me?" like 20 times during the movie.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

Liz, oh,I'm so with you on that! It was so annyoing he kept repeating it over and over and over!
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Liz:
<STRONG>I saw it already.
I hated when he said "Are you mad at me?" like 20 times during the movie.</STRONG>

Very annoying, I must say. I was like, "Yes! They're mad! Leave them alone!" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But you can't be mad at Hayden for too long. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You didn't like Titanic? Are you insane? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2004, 12:19 PM
Elite Fan

Well I think my record of being mad at Hayden is like 1 minute or something [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

No I'm sorry I really really didn't like the Titanic,I mean the part before the ship started sinking with Kate and Leo was okay I guess, but after that noooo, not my kind of movie...I'm a real chick flick lover and I love love stories, even sappy ones, but this particular one just didn't hit me at all!
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't seen Titanic. It's one of those movies I avoided b/c everyone seemed to be into it.

The "Are you mad at me"'s did get really annoying. But that is what Stephen Glass was like apparently. I wonder how he lasted that long in real life.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

Well actually it was kinda the same thing with me and Titanic, I refused to see it in the theaters, allthough a lot of my friends did go and see it, but then me and my Mom rented it, I went away for like 20 minutes when the ship started sinking and I came back and I was like "okay, can afford to miss some more"...I just didn't like it...

the "are you mad at me?" bit was truly annoying, but I think that was a kind of defining characteristic(sp?) trait for him, I mean to me he seemed like he was seeking approval with that sentence or line...

[ 04-18-2004: Message edited master yoda167 ]
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-25-2004, 01:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw it finally... It wasn't really my sort of movie but I liked it, and it was pretty cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LifesLikeThis:
<STRONG>I saw it finally... It wasn't really my sort of movie but I liked it, and it was pretty cool. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]</STRONG>

Of course it was! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Some parts did make me a little uncomfortable...If Hayden wasn't in it, I don't think it would have been as good. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **SuperGirl**:
<STRONG>

Of course it was! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Some parts did make me a little uncomfortable...If Hayden wasn't in it, I don't think it would have been as good. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I agree, without Hayden it wouldn't been as good as it was...I think this movie grows on you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Because when I left the theater I didn't know what to think, but afterwards, I've liked the movie more like every day... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
icon credit
Hayden
Old 05-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Passionate Fan

I really liked this movie. Hayden was great and so were Chloe and Peter. I found myself really interested in Stephen Glass after seeing this. I found the one article that he wrote and saw a picture of that website he put up for Jukt. I don't know how he thought he could fool people with an AOL Hometown webpage. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] This is one of my favorite Hayden roles.