Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Nothing lasts forever...

...And the time has come for an era to end for me. I'm stepping down as the moderator of this board.

I've loved modding here, this board is amazing, one of the friendliest places on for sure. It's been nothing but a pleasure. But I would be lying if I said I haven't been thinking about resigning for a long time. My life has changed quite a bit in the past year, it has been become busier, and I feel I don't have the proper enthusiasm that this board and the posters deserve. My heart's not in this 100 % anymore so it's time to give someone else a chance and have some new blood over here.

I want to thank everybody who's been on the ride with me these past three years. I've met some pretty amazing people here and everyone has left an impression on me. The girls on the Hayden board are an awesome bunch and I'm proud to be one of you!

Special thanks to my wonderful, lovely co-mod and my dear friend Maria! I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with and I surely didn't expect to find such a great friend when I stumbled upon this board three years ago. I love you, I honestly do.

You won't get rid of me completely though, I'll see you around. Over and out.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww, Laura, I'm sad to hear you're stepping down...
You've been such an awesome mod here.
Together with Maria, you've made Hayden's board such a welcoming and fun place to post.
It's hard to imagine the board without you as a moderator, but I'm glad you won't disappear altogether.
Best wishes!!

icon: Spike it up
Old 07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG.
I am honestly teary eyed and very sad to see you stepping down, Laura. And your words were so beautiful and true.

This place will not be the same. But I understand that life and things change.
But I hope to still see you come by. You have truly become one of my very good online friends
Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wish you all the best Laura
Old 07-31-2008, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Although I don't post here, when I saw there was an opening for this board I figured it was you Laura I have noticed through the AI board you're not around as you used to be I wish you all the best
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 07-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You'll be missed Laura
Old 07-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Laura, all the best.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aw, thanks everybody! I appreciate it.

Szilvia, I'm so glad to hear that you think the board is a welcoming place, that's what Maria and I have always aimed at. And yes, I won't be disappearing, Hayden is way too adorable to be left completely and I still have his newest films to see and share my thoughts on with you.

Steph, thank you so much. Yes, I will be coming by. And I feel the same way, I definitely see you as a good friend of mine too! And change can be good.

Thanks Aroa!

Shiran, I'm still going to be around at AI's, it's just been hectic lately. Thank you!

Andie, I'll miss you guys too. But like I said, I'll still be around and who knows what future holds.

Thanks Bee!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Well Laura knows and you guys know that nobody is more sad to see Laura leave as a moderator than me but we have discussed this several times and while I am very sad and hate to see her go,but I also understand and support her decision that it's time for her to move on to other things,like the title says nothing lasts forever you really were the bestest co-mod a girl could ever ask for and an even greater friend and I'm very touched by your words and you know I really love you too

But don't worry guys,she's not leaving us alltogether, I won't let her, will have to use my if I have to
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Glad to hear you're not leaving completely

This has always been a nice and friendly place, you guys do a great job.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:56 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Sorry to see that you're resigning Laura. Thanks for the time that you've devoted to this board, and the numerous occasions you've dropped by the Info Center and helped a newbie. Best of luck with everything going on in your life.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was so shocked when I saw that there was an opening for this board, I dont post here really but both you mods are truly awesome.

Laura, Im so sad to hear you wont be modding this board anymore, though glad to hear youre not leaving alltogether and we'll still be seeing a lot of you, hopefully.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167 (View Post)

But don't worry guys,she's not leaving us alltogether, I won't let her, will have to use my if I have to
That's good
Old 08-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

aw, Laura. it's very sad to see you resign, but I know you would do the best thing forthis board, even if that meant stepping down.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww, Laura! I never thought I'd see the day!! Good luck with everything and it's good the board won't lose you completely!