Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Moderator Opening Announcement

Hi everyone,

We currently have an open moderator position on this message board. If you’d like to apply for this position, please go to the Moderator Application Process - How to Apply & Questions Answered thread and follow the instructions to apply to be a moderator on this board. Please note that the deadline to get applications in is July 8. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Elite Fan

I was so sad to hear today that Kara is leaving as my co-mod but I'm excited to see who will take her place

So apply people apply, I'm very easy to work with! Good luck! just think about it, moderator of the Hayden board, doesn't it ring nicely in your ear!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Heh. Good luck to everyone that applies. I'll still be around, of course. But I think it's time to give someone else a chance. This really is a great place to be, especially with Maria as the co-mod. So again, good luck to everyone.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 06-24-2005, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww, why are you stepping down, Kara?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

You will be missed, Kara Hopefully we'll still see you around.

I applied

ETA: Do you have to have posted on this board for a specific amount of time to apply?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome!

No, you just have had to be a member for a certain amount of time.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Jill ~ There are many things that the management team weighs in when choosing new mods,and one of them is actitivity on the board you're applying for, there's no given amount of time you need to have posted on the board, but they do look for posters that are regulars on the board, not just someone who does casual visits, that's an important thing, to know your field but you've been with us for a while now...I'd been a poster for a year or two when I became mod, but Kara had only been posting for a month, so it really varies... if there's anything you want to ask about this feel free to do so and good luck!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-25-2005, 04:06 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167
Jill ~ There are many things that the management team weighs in when choosing new mods,and one of them is actitivity on the board you're applying for, there's no given amount of time you need to have posted on the board, but they do look for posters that are regulars on the board, not just someone who does casual visits, that's an important thing, to know your field
Well said Maria.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:15 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Chris, I'm glad I got it right!
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Ooooooooookay, that makes sense.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

glad you got it anything else troubling your mind?
icon credit
Hayden
Old 06-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

Aww sad you're leaving Kara we'll miss you!
Old 06-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Karaaaaaaaaaaaa! Nooooo

Now I wish that I was a more consistant poster so I could have Maria as a co . She's absolutely terrific as you all know, so good luck to those who are applying
Old 06-27-2005, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Kara (can I call you that?), I haven't known you that long, but what I have seen during the time I've been here, you have been a good mod and welcomed me here along the rest of the board. It's sad to see you leave your position as a mod but I'm glad you'll still be here.

Hmm, I wonder if I should apply. I've already considered it a couple of times in the past on different boards but never really got to do it. It sure would be cool to be the mod of Hayden board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by master yoda167
I'd been a poster for a year or two when I became mod, but Kara had only been posting for a month, so it really varies...
This does give me hope. I have posted on this board for about a month now but during that month my post count has gone up about 300. I don't think I've ever been this active before, well maybe in the early days.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
Aww, why are you stepping down, Kara?
Like I said, I just felt it was time to give someone else a chance. All of you are so great here, and so many of you deserve it as well. With a lot more school and work going on this summer and over the next year, it'll just not be fair when I'm not around as often...Not fair for you guys, and Maria too. No worries though, I'm still around, and posting here.

Thanks, Cereal Killer. But really, you should apply!

Join the John Mayer campaign!