Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Elite Fan

Jumper #3: Anywhere is possible

***New Jumper trailer!***

*** Japanese trailer for Jumper is out NOW! 20th Century Fox Presents ***

You can also download it here. (From DH.net)

Jumper's going to be released on February 14, 2008.

Previous threads:

Jumper #1: Hayden, teleport yourself to my bedroom, please! *SPOILERS*
Jumper #2: Davey will roam around the world
Jumper #3: Anywhere is possible
The title is by Steph, thanks!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden

Last edited by BehrItAll; 09-08-2008 at 07:52 PM
Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great OP!

Guuuuuuuueeeeeeeessssssssss WHAT! I saw Hayden in person!

This was totally on a whim. I have been super busy and haven't been able to keep up with the Jumper news. I thought a NYC premiere would be like, tomorrow night or Wednesday. So today during lunch I check my mail and _charon"> asked if it premiered tonight. So I went to check desiringhayden.net, and yes it was and someone also said it would be at the Zeigfeld at 7 pm.
So I was like, this will not become another Awake Premiere disappointment.

So I got there around 6 pm and was on a bus home my 8:03. Two hours in 20°F cold with 15°F Winds: N at 6mph for 2 minutes of admiring Hayden in the flesh.

The crowd wasn't too bad:
-A few Hayden fangirls, one even had her Shattered Glass dvd.
-A few guys there to get signatures on Star Wars stuff (they gave some interesting tidbits on which SW stars sign and who don't. One guy called Natalie a bitch *sad face* and said Liam only signs when he's drunk. In true Clueless fashion "Whatever.")
-And some homeless dude called "Radio Guy" (?) who apparently has a small part in the film and has been in another NYC set film with Ben Stiller. Go figure. I took him for a loon till Hayden went over to him to greet him. People called him Radio Guy because he was wearing a 90's small boom box radio around his neck. Not weird for NYC.

Appearances:
-Tove was one of the first to arrive. He waved before walking in. Everyone shouted "Where's Hayden?!"
- Then a girl spotted Hayden in the car. But seriously he was on that press line for like 30 -45 minutes.
(Now this is where I prepare my digital camera, just to get a few shots of the stars. And with the intense cold it froze. Over and over again - each time I reset it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! But when I reset it for like the 25th time on the bus where it was warm it finally then said "battery depleated, shutting down." Damn it. That battery was good yesterday.)
-Rachel Bilson I saw from a far. She didn't come by for signatures or hellos. Went straight inside.
-Billy came over. The camera is still not working. (I think he may have said "hello" to the homeless Radio Guy too. My memory is hazy about that - due to trying to reset my camera!)
-So the excitement builds because Hayden is very, very close now. And my camera is still frozen. The lens is out but the lights and screen are dead. I start to bang it on the banister Han Solo/Marty McFly style like that would get it going as if it were the Falcon or a Time Machine. Not helping. Ok, nix the camera. I need to get something to go home with! I break out my 4x6 notebook (which ironically I write Star Wars fanfic ideas in LOL!) and decided I want his signature. I rather have had pictures though.

So Hayden comes out: Radio Guy calls him. He walks over and talks to him. I couldn't hear what they said.
Then his publicist asks him something. He answers "I'm alright." or something like that. Maybe she asked if he was cold.
(I sure was. Even with thermal socks and winter insulated boots my feet were numb. I swear I thought I had frostbite! And my feet felt colder than my exposed skin on my face. Go figure.)
I just held out my book and looked at him the whole time.

Damn he's like - perfection on earth. Every feature, his frame, his suit. I was just trying to take it all in and it was like one of those moments where I just concentrated so hard on my sense of sight that I went deaf. I remember thinking though, I wonder what it feels like to kiss those lips - rotfl

Then he came over to my side and he signed my book!

I said "Thank you" but I doubt he heard me.
Then he started making his way back and still signing but telling us he really had to go now.
That was what I did hear. His voice penetrated my temporary deafness. His voice his just as intoxicating as it is on tv/film.

After that he went in and I said out loud, "My camera froze!"
The girls were like "No!"
Then a girl who was there to take pictures for a friend said she'd send me copies of hers. So we exchanged e-mails and the 2 other girls wanted e-mails too. So she took ours and said she'd send them when she can.
I'll email her in a few days.
(This is when Samuel L. Jackson was over to sign stuff. He was gone fast though. Like not even a minute.)

So I got to see Hayden <3. Two feet away! He touched my book! He signed it!
But damn my camera! If I had planned this better, like, if I had known yesterday, I would have a) wore another pair of socks, b) brought an extra battery and an old fashion film camera as backup and c) either brought my Life as a House dvd or Shattered Glass

But I am not complaining because I finally did it. I went with my gut. Showed up and got to be face to face with Hayden. The 20°F cold and what could have been frostbitten feet was so worth it. I hope the next event is in the summer. I much rather be in intense heat than cold.

When I get some pictures from the girl, I'll post them up
Old 02-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww! Steph, that is totally cool!! Do you look a little bit extra for me?!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I looked the whole time.
Enough for everyone
I am really hoping the girl remembers to email me pics.

And I hope my camera isn't busted !
Old 02-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope your camera is ok too!!!

I just watched the Entertainment Tonight clip on dh.net.

Samuel L Jackson does say how he enjoyed the part cause he got to get back at Hayden for what he did in Star Wars!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

WOW! Steph that is so beyond cool I'm so happy for you! you have such luck to live in NYC stuff like that would never happen to me... I know it wasn't perfect encounter but atleast you got to see him live and got his autograph! I'm sure you won't forget it anytime soon!

All I've seen is more Jumper posters, they're all over here now,but compared to your news that's so lame
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Maria! The opening post is nice but I could work on it some more, if you let me?

Steph, so cool! Wow! I'm sorry everything didn't go as well as it could have gone but anyway, you got to SEE HAYDEN! One of the perks of living in NY, eh? He sounds such a sweetheart even based on your short encounter. And you got his autograph, awesome! Be sure to share the pics if the girl sends you them.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Samuel L Jackson does say how he enjoyed the part cause he got to get back at Hayden for what he did in Star Wars!
I have to watch that.
I think the camera is ok, but I want to get new batteries. The one I have is 3 years old.

Living in NY has definitely paid off.
And I know what to do better for the next time. As I do intend to do this again.

I am still on this high from the short encounter and I will not forget it.
I am still a bit shocked and have some denial. Like I can hardly believe the man I saw 2 feet away from me was the same person I see on screen and watch his performances with such - awe.

Quote:
He sounds such a sweetheart even based on your short encounter.
He was. He didn't say much but you could see he was making an effort to sigh stuff for people but also he was so cold and I felt so bad.
Even in 2 minutes he was sweetheart.

I so hope she emails me. I'll contact her this week to remind her.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Stephanie, you're so lucky to have had that encounter with Hayden!!

Even got his autograph?! Wow, you did very well, considering the cold and the crowd. Too bad about your camera freezing up ...do you know yet if it's still fully functional?

Well, I saw the Jumper premiere bits on Entertainment Tonight and ET Canada. Hayden looked and sounded wonderful.

I found out today that Jumper will be coming to our theatre on the 14th!! I still have a movie pass (that I couldn't use for Awake) - I can't wait! I must see this in the theatre, this weekend.

BTW, great posters in the OP.

icon: Spike it up
Old 02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No way FF people were at the Jumper Permier as well! If only I had known! Steph that is so amazing you got to meet Hayden!

OMG I met the radio guy you are talking about as well! Oh and I love the movie Life as a House I became a Hayden fan as a result of that movie! So good!

I kind of had an encounter with Hayden as well.

Jumper was AMAZING Hayden WOW!

Hi everyone,

Well I had a wonderful time at the opening of Jumper at the Zigfield Theater on Monday February 11,2008 in NYC.

I had worked at an event at The Big Apple Con in November and as a thank you to the workers we got tickets to the Jumper Permier! I was so excited!

I arrived at the theater around 6. I met one of my friends who had the tickets already. I got my ticket and walked up to the main tent and they checked my name off. Once they did that they said we could go inside the theater.

I was able to walk the red carpet which was amazing however we walked behind the posters to get into the theater. So it when Photographers, posters, me.

So I didn't get to see any of the red carpet arrivals. But that was ok.

Once inside we went through security check. They were very strict. If you had a camera or cell phone with a camera on it you had to check it in. Also like a coat check for cell phones. I thought it was pretty funny.

You could take photos outside the theater NOT inside for privacy issues and the fact that they did not want anyone recording this movie being it is against the law.

One I got through security check I was able to go up stairs to the 3rd floor. In the lobby they had free pop corn and soda and water. So that was nice. I saw some friends chatted with them for a little bit before they asked up to take our seats.

I was in the upper balcony. Which was pretty good. However I guess everyone who was somewhat important was on the ground floor. How I longed to be on the ground floor! Someday I will be!

However it was fun to people watch. I love people watching and observing. So being in the balcony was fun for that!

About quarter to 8 the cast arrived. I saw Rachel Bilson (The OC), Hayden Christensen (Star Wars: Attack of the Clones,Revenge of the Sith ), and Samuel L. Jackson enter and take their seats.

The movie Jumper was really good. If you like Transformers you will love Jumper. Visually it is stunning! The shots around the world are amazing! The shots of Rome were gorgeous! My heart ached seeing Rome! I SO want to go back!

Special effects were incredible! The story line is pretty good. The music was wonderful! Oh and might I add I so want Hayden Christensen Apartment in this movie!

Afterwards I wanted in the lobby being it was very crowed. I saw some of the cast in the Lobby talking to friends and family. In the corner was Rachel Bilson. At first I didn't recognize her being she is really short. But then again so am I so I can totally relate.

Being you could not take photos in the theater people got autographs instead. I was surprised that people were not giving her feedback on the movie when they asked her for an autograph.

I was able to get her autograph right before she left and I told her how I loved the movie and thought she was great in it. She was really excited and said to me. "Oh Thank you.You enjoyed it oh good I am glad." She was very sweet. It was great to meet her.

Oh they way out of the theater I saw Samuel L. Jackson leaving which was pretty cool. Being the theater was really crowed I decided to take the escalator to get out to the theater being it was really crowed. I am glad I did.

As I was on the escalator going down to the second floor level. I looked up and behold who is looking right at me but non other then Hayden Christian!

He and his family were walking towards the main staircase. I swear I felt like I was in some Hollywood movie. It was like the escalator scene the movie Cruel Intentions or something.

Oh it was very nice to lock eyes with the young Anakin Skywalker! Hayden Christensen is really good looking in person.

I then was at the main floor of the lobby and the cast and everyone were walking out towards the main doors. However security was telling people to go out the side door in order to pick up your cell phone. It was a shame being you were on the other side of the theater and not by the main doors. But it was pretty exciting to see the SUV's picking the cast up to go to the after party.

However I did not have a pass to go to the after party so I couldn't get in.

However all in all it was a wonderful night. I am really glad I got to go!

So go and see Jumper this weekend! It was great!

Hope all is well.

Love,
Erin
----------------------------------------

They were really strict about taking photos but Here are some of the photos I took! Enjoy!

Zigfield Theater in NYC for the Jumper Premier!

Jumper movie poster!

Jumper Movie ticket pass with Rachel Bilson Autograph!

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 02-13-2008 at 12:00 PM
Old 02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Congradulations guys!

Steph, that must have felt like a dream come true!

Erin, it's really something when he's ever BETTER looking in person
Old 02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Aw thanks. Oh I know I love it when that happends and they are even more gorgeous in person! All I can say is that my insides we jumping for sure when we locked eyes. Over all it was a great time!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
No way FF people were at the Jumper Permier as well! If only I had known! Steph that is so amazing you got to meet Hayden!
I know. If I had known you would be or had seen you there I am sure I would have recognized you. I too arrived around 6.

So lucky to have eye contact with him.
Where I was he was signing so fast his eyes never looked up from the posters and notebooks...
But it was still all good.

Szilvia, I did do well considering the bumps....
The camera is ok. Just a bad battery.
But my boss said his digital froze like that too when he took it with him skiing.
I guess old, almost dead batteries don't do well in intense cold...

Serena, It was.
I want to see him again, and soon
Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Steph, I can imagine it's hard to believe you actually saw HAYDEN in person and that you're still high on it. I'd be too. And him signing stuff for people even though he was cold, that is SO sweet of him! Aww, I love him!

I hope there will be a next time for you.

Erin, wow you saw him too! You lucky New Yorkers! It is unbelievable that Hayden's even more gorgeous in person cos he's pure perfection in pictures but that's how it is, he is just beautiful. Thanks for the cool report and pics!

There's so much Jumper stuff on DH.net that I totally can't keep up with it. Tons and tons of video clips and pics, like these:

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN PHOTO ARCHIVE @ DESIRING HAYDEN.NET

And about the Hayden/Rachel thread you were talking about in the previous thread. I have also thought about it. I think the reason why Maria and I were kinda against it at first was because we didn't know if Hayden and Rachel were really a couple. So I guess we didn't wanna end up with another dead thread if it had been just a rumour. I guess it's been established by now that they are a couple but I'm still afraid of "jinxing" it, I feel like if we start a thread now they will break up soon. Heh, well maybe we'll talk this over a bit with Maria but basically I'm not against a H/R thread.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
but I'm still afraid of "jinxing" it, I feel like if we start a thread now they will break up soon.
I know that feeling

I too hope there will be many more encounters.

I emailed the girl and she said she has yet to upload the pics