Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

HC Board Post Count#10: Posting like bunnies in 2010

I thought it'd be nice if we did an unofficial post count for the board to see how we're doing. The official post counting by the Management Team is being done on a monthly basis so I think it's useful for us to keep our eye on the post count to make sure we'll stay above the 105 posts/week limit.

In this thread we can set goals for weekly post counts, celebrate milestones and also think of ways to increase the traffic even more and attract new posters (how we can get members who don't post here to visit and guests to join and start posting here) and maybe get some old posters who haven't been to the board for a while to come back. If you have ideas, please do share!

We seem to get around 150-300 posts depending on the week and I think that's pretty well for a small board like this. Anyway, we have always done a good job staying above the 105 posts/week limit and I hope everyone will keep up the good work so our beloved board will continue to be here for the pleasure of us all.

Also, here's a reminder of the "48 Hour Rule" that I think we all should keep in mind. I hope and believe that this won't be a problem on our board but just in case.

Quote:
If we notice that any forum goes for more than 48 Hours without a post, we’ll send a warning Private Message to the moderators of that forum, and we’ll do an immediate post count for that forum, starting with the date that the warning was issued, and ending one week later, and if that forum has a weekly post count that is less than 100 posts, it will be closed. If that forum meets the 100 post requirement for the week after the initial warning was issued, the forum will remain here, but if it goes for another 48 hours without a post any time after we issue that warning, it will be closed without any further warnings.
Previous Thread

Happy posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
And the first count of the year.

Post count for January 3, 2010. The number of posts is in parentheses.

113,323 - 113,523 (200)

A lot better than last week. My last minute posting gave us a nice round number.

The thread is almost full, do you guys have any ideas for the next thread title?
Thank you Laura for the count and for the even 200

Last edited by BehrItAll; 01-04-2010 at 08:16 PM
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread co-mod!

And we did good,especially it was still holidays! Go us!!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yep, not bad at all.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT! Not that I mind, because I don't, but I think this is the first time someone else than me has started this thread.

One question though, is there a specific reason for why there isn't a space before the # symbol? That has been bothering me with the OT thread too.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

not bad at all...

Okay Laura honey you seriously have too much time on your hands!

But no i don't think so
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 01-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't take time, it takes one look. xD And if not, then why won't you edit it?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

well there's not a reason to it be that way but also doesn't really bother me either
icon credit
Hayden
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
TFTNT! Not that I mind, because I don't, but I think this is the first time someone else than me has started this thread.

One question though, is there a specific reason for why there isn't a space before the # symbol? That has been bothering me with the OT thread too.
Oh good, cause after I started it I was like, "Oh I hope I didn't just step on Laura's toes..."
But since you don't mind, you're welcome

Um, cause I make typos and then don't proof read.

But I didn't start the OT thread. So that was Sarah's typo.

But hey, with long titles - it also saves space.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't matter who started the thread, you mods can edit it. xD But I think you're just trying to spite me.

Quote:
Oh good, cause after I started it I was like, "Oh I hope I didn't just step on Laura's toes..."
But since you don't mind, you're welcome
Yeah, I don't mind.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

But then I'd have to change the link in the Board Guide.... ugh to much of a process.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

yes,we're totally trying to spite you
icon credit
Hayden
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

She's getting back at us for spiting her. The post count wasn't done
Old 01-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But then I'd have to change the link in the Board Guide.... ugh to much of a process.
No you wouldn't because the url's don't include symbols nor spaces. 's smart like that.

While we're just talking nonsense, you guys could have edited the title - several times. But whatever.

Quote:
She's getting back at us for spiting her. The post count wasn't done
Actually it was.

Post count for January 10, 2010. The number of posts is in parentheses.

113,523 - 113,675 (152)

I don't feel like adding any further comment. xD
Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it's not getting changed. Next thread...

Thank you for the count Laura.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can't understand why you guys won't just do it, it takes ONE double-click, sheesh.

But ok, next thread. Let's wait a year for something that could have taken 10 seconds. xD

And you're welcome.