Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I own most of Hayden's movies the only one I haven't got is Vanishing on 7th Street.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Phoenix~ (View Post)
I own most of Hayden's movies the only one I haven't got is Vanishing on 7th Street.
Don't buy Vanishing without watching first. Reaction's have been mixed. You may love it, but I wouldn't buy a movie unless I had watched it one before and absolutey loved it.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, Emma, that sounds good to me. Hayden's performance in LAAH was extraordinary and well worth watching again soon.

Hi there, Sheiva, it's nice to meet you! Hayden was amazing in SG plus his character is fascinating, so it was a no-brainer when I saw the DVD on sale for a great price.

icon: Spike it up
Old 10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is always better when they are in the sale

I was thinking we would set the re watch date for LAAH at the weekend. I know we all live in different time zones but if we all watch it over the weekend then we can discuss our fave scenes here for the next week till the following weekend when we can have the next film up for discussion What does everyone think?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
It is always better when they are in the sale

I was thinking we would set the re watch date for LAAH at the weekend. I know we all live in different time zones but if we all watch it over the weekend then we can discuss our fave scenes here for the next week till the following weekend when we can have the next film up for discussion What does everyone think?
I watched it this weekend! Yay!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have had my Grandad's funeral this week so I haven't watched it yet I am hoping to watch it by Saturday.

Sheiva do you want to start us off with the discussions then
Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I have had my Grandad's funeral this week so I haven't watched it yet I am hoping to watch it by Saturday.

Sheiva do you want to start us off with the discussions then
I just read about the funeral on the post count thread. Emma, I'm so, so sorry. If you wanna talk about it, you can always PM me. I hope the coming weeks are a bit easier for you. Again, I'm so sorry.

I'd be happy to start the discussion. Alright, so Sam had two distincts looks in the film. Sort of clean cut and Goth. Which did you guys prefer? Also, did you think it was necessary for Sam to change his appearance to be a 'good kid' or did you think that was a stereotypical move on the screenwriter's part?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Sheiva you are so sweet I will PM you soon

I kind of liked both I don't think I can choose. At the beginning of the film he was so angry at everyone and hurt! How he dressed and looked reflected on that. That was his outlet of how he was feeling inside. As the film went on and he was getting along better with his Dad and Mom he started to gradually change his appearance. For me how he looked and dressed reflected on how he was feeling at the different times in the film.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Thank you Sheiva you are so sweet I will PM you soon

I kind of liked both I don't think I can choose. At the beginning of the film he was so angry at everyone and hurt! How he dressed and looked reflected on that. That was his outlet of how he was feeling inside. As the film went on and he was getting along better with his Dad and Mom he started to gradually change his appearance. For me how he looked and dressed reflected on how he was feeling at the different times in the film.
Good. I love helping people.

I also liked both. And I agree. He expressed his emotional state by how he dressed. I liked the clean cut and the Goth look. But then again hayden looks good in almost everything.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

He so does that's true He can make any look hot

I think how he changes in the film is reflected in his appearance. Towards the end of the film he is more at peace with himself and he seems so much happier he has a good relationship with his parents and got to know his dad again before it was too late and he finally got the girl of his dreams. He looked more relaxed and happy with who he is by the end of the film.

Last edited by kindness is free; 10-14-2011 at 03:42 PM
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh Emma, I'm so sorry to read about your grandfather. My sympathy to you and your family.

I came home empty-handed from this week's trip to the library as LAAH was being borrowed by someone else. I'll have to check again next time.

icon: Spike it up
Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Szilvia you are so kind!

That's a shame hopefully they will have next time you check

What is the next film we want to watch?
Old 10-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Szilvia, that's too bad. It is on youtube, though. So you don't necessarily have to wait to watch it.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true Szilvia if you have the time in the week it is on YT

I think as we didn't have a lot of time to discuss LAAH last week we can keep the discussion going for another week then next Saturday we can have a new film for the re-watch
Old 10-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Hi guys

It's been a couple months I've out of FF I miss modding this board, it was so much fun... and I'm so so so glad the board is alive and with great mods!

What movie are you planning to re-watch? i'D

icon credit: guilderferns