Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hayden Fan Fiction #1: Let your imagination run free

- You can post all kinds of Hayden related fan fiction here (Star Wars, LAAH, SG, FG, VT, Awake etc. and real people fic (like Nayden)).
- You can directly post fan fiction of your own here but please pay attention to the length of your posts. Divide your fic to several posts if it's long. But don't double post.
- You can post other people's fics here but remember to credit, don't claim them as your own.
- You can link to fan fiction websites but you can't link to other fan fiction message boards.
- You can directly post only PG-13 rated fic here. Everything else can only be linked to. Links must be clearly labelled! (R/NC-17)
Old 04-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is where the fun begins

Title: Destiny Can Wait
Author: Stephanie
Time Frame: RotS
Characters: Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Luke, Leia, and a few others along the way.
Genre: AU, Drama, Romance, Action
Rating: between PG-13 (Rated R parts will be linked to but edited down for the thread)
Summary: Before Anakin pledges himself to the Sith he feels Padme is in trouble. When he goes to her it changes the course of events. Together they go into hiding to protect their twins but Anakin still has a destiny to fullfill and demons to overcome.
Note: Chapters will be broken up

Chapter 1 – Change of Plans

Anakin waited in the Jedi Council Chambers just as Master Windu told him to. Palpatine's words repeated in his head, "Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi. The power to save Padme."

He hated sitting in that room, waiting, feeling helpless. He was a Jedi. He should be able to stop the Sith Lord, to save Padme. Padme - how was he going to save her? If he joined the Dark Side he could gain that knowledge. But he couldn’t go against the Jedi and everything they taught him. They were his family, yet if they were planning to take over & betray the Republic then he could not stand by them. Everything they taught him would be a lie. Anakin already knew there were things about the Force the Jedi were not telling him. They were afraid of him. He could become the most powerful Jedi. He could then save Padme.

Anakin stood up and walked to the window to look at the Senatorial Apartments. He closed his eyes and focused his mind on Padme. He could see her standing by her window in her green velvet gown rubbing her hands on her belly. He could feel her eyes on him and feel her breath on his skin. Three hearts were beating in his ears. He was standing right in front of her but he could not touch her. Losing her was not something he could allow to happen.

Padme stood at the window looking out at the Jedi Temple. She was worried about Anakin and could sense that something was wrong. She could almost feel his presence in the room. The twins she was carrying were already strong in the Force, like their father. Through the Force they felt this was their time to come into the world. Suddenly Padme felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She screamed and bent over in pain. "This can't be happening," Padme thought. Threepio walked over "Mistress Padme, are you alright?"

Padme took a breath, "Send a message to Anakin on his beacon. Tell him I need him to come here right away."

Anakin could feel Padme was in pain and she was scared. He had thought about going over to the Chancellor’s office but he felt Padme needed him right now. Before he even got Threepio's message he ran to his speeder to go to her.

"Padme! Where are you?" Anakin ran into the apartment looking for her in every room.

"Anakin?" he heard her voice and saw Threepio walk out of the bedroom.

"Master Anakin, something has happened to Miss Padme! A horrible stomach ache, indigestion I think."

Anakin ran into the bedroom and saw Padme crouching on the floor trying to pack a bag. "Padme here let me do that."

He walked to the closet and refresher and threw some of her clothes and other necessities into the bag, without even folding them or caring what he packed. As Anakin helped Padme stand up she said, "We have to leave now.”

Anakin helped Padme into the speeder. Threepio and Artoo insisted on coming along so they sat in the back. Anakin started racing to a private med center, one where most politicians and celebrities went when they didn’t want the story getting out to the media. He was nervous and kept looking over at Padme. Her face was scrunched up from the pain.

"How far apart are the contractions?"

"Every 11 minutes, 38 seconds." Threepio chimed in. Threepio was concerned about his mistress. He had never seen a human suffer so much from a stomachache. “Artoo, do you think the medical droids will be able to help Mistress Padme with her indigestion?”

Artoo beeped and whistled giving him with a condescending answer.

“You don’t have to be rude. How was I supposed to know she’s in labor? According to my calendar she’s not due for another 20 days.”

Anakin swerved in and out of air traffic lanes, surpassing every car that dared slow him down. Didn’t they know they should get out of his blasted way?

"We're almost there, just breathe. Here, take my hand."

Padme took deep breaths. She had time before her next contraction and she want to discuss baby names. "Anakin, if it's a boy I want to name him Luke."

Anakin repeated the name in his head and smiled, "Sounds like a good name. How did you come with Luke?"

“I like the meaning, bringer of light and knowledge. Also I think it sounds good with Skywalker.” She smiled at Anakin.

Anakin squeezed her hand and kissed it. “It does. What if it’s a girl?”

"You can choose since you think we are having a girl."

“We are.”

“Ok well if you are so sure then I’m sure you have thought of a name for her,” Padme teased.

Actually Anakin hadn't thought about names. His mind was preoccupied with other matters, particularly how to save Padme. He still wasn’t sure how he would do so today and the thought weighed on him like a ton of bricks. Then a name came to him like a bolt of lighting. “Leia.”

Padme looked at him suspiciously. “Have you been reading my mind?”

“No. I just came up it now”

“That is what I was going to name her, if we do have a girl.”

“I thought you said – “

“I know, but it’s always good to have a back up.” Then she felt another contraction and screamed. Anakin tried concentrating on the air traffic but it was difficult with the sensors in his prosthetic hand getting crushed.

"Sorry Ani"

"Master Anakin, look out!"

Anakin swiveled the speeder back into his lane and then allowed the Force to guide him all the way to the med center.

-X-
Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

a fanfic thread!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Just had to come and check out the brand spankin new fanfic thread

good quote Steph

We're taking in title suggestions so if you come up with something good Laura or I can edit it in

I don't have the time to read the actual fic right now since I have to leave in less than an hour and I'm so not ready, but I'll get back to that
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

#1: Let your imagination run free

I'll wait till people have caught up to post more..
Old 04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've already read this chapter and like I said, I love it, I like how you took a completely different course of things from the beginning. Good job!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

I had to start at the begnning though
Esp for the lurkers

ohh you added the title
Old 04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it's a nice title. Thanks!

So when are you gonna post the next part?
Old 04-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Now. I was waiting for you and Maria to come back.
I think enough time has passed to have people catch up though.

Ch 1 contiuned:
X-

At the top of the Senate Office Building two clashing lightsabers, one crimson red they other amethyst, could be seen through the panoramic window. It is where Darth Sidious and Mace Windu were fighting to the death. Both had a clear purpose to fight. Master Windu fights for peace, democracy, civilization, and the Jedi Order. Darth Sidious has been a mastermind for years and carefully planed everything to get to this point. He will have ultimate power. He will eliminate the Jedi. They were already deep into their battle when Sidious felt a disturbance in the Force. Something had changed drastically. Someone had distracted Anakin and what he had foreseen would not come to pass. He could no longer depend on Anakin and had to think fast if he was to win. He did not work this long and come this far to be defeated.
-X-

Padme was set up in a private room. Anakin was by her side giving her ice chips, helping her count through the seconds of each contraction and trying to ease her pain with simple Jedi healing techniques. He was helping her more than he thought so the fact that he had been asking if she was ok repeatedly for the past six hours was starting to get on Padme’s nerves. Threepio was sitting in the corner. Anakin shut him down because he was making everyone nervous when he was stating the odds on the survival rate of premature infants. Artoo stood near by, ready to holorecord the birth.

Anakin tried not to let his worry show. He feared at any moment he would lose Padme and possibly the baby. He couldn’t let that happen, so he would use all the power he could find to save her.

A medical droid came in. "How are you feeling Miss Naberrie?"

Padme couldn't even answer since she was trying to get through another painful contraction.

After the droid examined her it said, "Ten centimeters. I think we are ready to begin. On the next contraction I want you to push."

"Okay, here we go." Padme grabbed Anakin's real hand and started pushing.

A minute later the droid held up the baby and announced, "It's a girl."

"Leia" Padme whispered. Another droid took her over to the side to clean her up.

Anakin sighed with relief. She gave birth and everything was alright. He looked at his daughter as she was screaming, filling her lungs with air. He and Padme looked at each other and kissed.

“I told you we were having a girl. You should never doubt a Jedi,” Anakin teased.

"The other one should be along in a few minutes," the droid's gentle voice said.

Their eyes widened and in unison said, "The other one?"

"Yes, didn't you know you were having twins?"

"No."

"Well what a surprise then! Time to push."

As tired as Padme was she did so.

The droid was preparing to deliver when it noticed something. "Oh no."

Anakin’s fear and worry returned. "What is it?"

"The baby is breach, but not to worry. Miss Naberrie, you will just have to push harder since the baby is in a more difficult position."

Padme tried as best as she could. "I - I- can't"

"Padme," Anakin looked deeply into her brown eyes, "you can do this. I know you can." He squeezed her hand and kissed her cheek. “I love you.” They kept looking deep into each other’s eyes. Anakin couldn’t lose Padme. He sent her calming waves through the Force and concentrated on trying to help her through her pain and fatigue. For that moment it were as if they were one person and she could feel the Force flowing through her whole body. She no longer felt pain. She was relaxed and lost in a hypnotic trance. She was brought back to reality when she heard the sound of her child crying.

"It's a boy."

Padme wasn't even aware that she had given birth. "Is he alright?"

"He appears to be a very strong baby boy, but we will take him to NICU to be sure. It's procedure."

"Can I hold him?" The droid handed Luke to her.

Anakin and Padme looked down at their son. Anakin could already feel that the Force was strong with Luke and he knew he was not affected by his difficult birth.

"Do we have a name for the little one before we send him to NICU?"

"Luke" Anakin said.

Padme looked over at Anakin. They couldn't believe they were parents to twins. They knew having a baby would change their lives but having two was going to be more of a challenge, especially if they were still going to keep it all a secret from the Jedi Council. In this moment though as Padme held Luke and Anakin held Leia they didn't care because they knew their children were a blessing. They could handle anything that came their way.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww. Luke and Leia's birth, how adorable! I loved how supportive Anakin was and the Force taking over Padme's body to help her through the labour was a nice touch. Good job again, Steph!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you.
That detail about Luke's birth comes back later.

I should probably mention to pay attention to little details like that b/c they aren't in there meanlessly.

CHapter 1 cont.

-X-

As Padme slept Anakin picked up his daughter and sat in a chair by Padme's bed. Visiting hours were over but Anakin convinced the nurse to let him stay a while longer. He wanted to make sure everything truly was alright. He didn't understand the significance of his nightmare but was relieved he was wrong for once. It was the first time in his life that a vision had not become true. Leia opened her eyes and looked up at her father. For the first time he noticed she had the same beautiful brown eyes as her mother. Leia yawned. She reached out her hand toward Anakin. He placed her little hand in his and she grabbed his index finger. He kissed her tiny hand, which caused Leia to make a strange, tiny noise before drifting off to sleep again.

"She already has you wrapped around her finger," Padme said softly as she looked over at them.

Anakin smiled. "I know."

Padme sighed. "What are we going to do? We haven’t had the time to plan this out. I’m sure we can’t keep this a secret much longer.”

"I know. But I am tired of hiding. We’ll - " Anakin was interrupted when a medical droid came in the room with Luke in his crib. "Your son is perfectly healthy and after a difficult birth very strong, I must say."

"He takes after his father," Padme said. Anakin blushed.

"He is also very hungry." The nurse brought Luke over to Padme so she could feed him.
-X-

Early that morning Anakin went back to his quarters at the Jedi Temple to get some rest. Sleep was not an option when he felt that something terrible was about to happen. He had another nightmare. He saw the Jedi Temple on fire and all the Jedi, including himself were dead. He knew Palpatine was behind it. Anakin felt so naive to trust him all these years. Anakin thought to himself, “How could I trust someone so evil for so long? To think someone like him could help me save Padme. He wanted me and my power, to do his bidding.” Coming to this realization Anakin felt like a fool to let himself be manipulated by Palpatine, but he also felt he was more powerful than him and could destroy him. He brought much evil and pain to the galaxy and was about to bring more if he was not stopped. He had to warn the Jedi.

-X-

In the afternoon Anakin went back to visit Padme and the twins. He stood in the doorway and watched Padme holding each of them in her arms and singing to them. He didn't recognize the song but thought it must have been a Nubian lullaby. It was then that it hit him that he was a father. He had a family, besides his Jedi family. He had children and a wife to care for and protect. They were all he needed and he wouldn’t let anyone take them away from him. He didn't need to be the greatest Jedi; he only needs to protect his family from what was going to come. He knew Palpatine would not give up his power and he would turn everyone against the Jedi. Now that the war was over the Jedi that were in combat were on their way to Coruscant. Anakin knew that's when Palpatine would act against them and anyone else who opposed him. His thoughts were interrupted when Padme said, "How long are you going to stand in the doorway?" Anakin sat next to her on the bed and softly kissed her lips.

“What’s in the bag?” she asked.

Anakin opened the large gift bag and pulled out the gifts one at a time. “I bought flowers for you.”

Padme’s face lit up, “Ani, they’re beautiful. Thank you.” He placed them on the table beside him and reached back into the bag and pulled out two small plushies in the shape of star fighters, one pink, and one blue. “And I bought these for our children.”

“Those are so cute.” Anakin took the blue one and moved it in a circle above the twins making flying and shooting sounds. The babies just looked up and didn’t seem to be amused so he stopped.

"What was that song you were singing?"

She handed Luke over to Anakin. "Little Bird. My mother used to sing it to me. It a very old Nubian lullaby."

Threepio, with Artoo trailing behind, came in carrying a big bouquet of flowers. "Mistress Padme, these arrived for you. They're from Queen Apailana."

Padme’s eyes widened, "The Queen?"

"Yes. She called for you yesterday. Sabe told her you were here."

"She was probably shocked to hear the news. I should call her."

Anakin took the data card to read it’s message, “Why does the card say ‘Get Well Soon’?”

“Sabe did not tell the Queen the circumstances, only that you were admitted to the Medical Center.”

Padme was somewhat relieved. “Well that buys us some more time.”
Old 05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't write this but it's really good. And very short for those with short attention spans

New A/P wedding night fic rated R
Old 05-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

wow this is really really good!! the end is sweet:0

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E
Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad to please.

Are you guys ready for the next segment?
Old 05-07-2007, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

yep definitely

E&BA&PM&LR&MW&E