Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Hayden Board could be closing!

We have had very poor traffic at the Hayden board for a while now and no one seems to be posting. It has been a painful decision for myself and my co-moderator Sheiva but we feel that the board can't go on like this and instead of waiting to be closed we would it to be our decision.

Any posters please come and let us know what you think.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Hey!

I haven't posted on FF in forever since it's very much life past for me,but since this was my board for 6 years and I posted here actively for 7 just thought I'd say my piece...so hey I'm Maria,one of the former moderators of this board I don't remember if either of you moderators were here when I was still here but anyways,I gotta give big kudos to both of you for keeping this board alive this long with Hayden being so inactive in pretty much every way!!

The reason I left besides it was time for me to go and I kinda outgrew my '"fandom" (though I still think he's an incredible actor and person!) is because it was so slow it was killing me trying to keep this place alive it came more an obligation than fun so I had to go but the decision didn't come lightly though it was the right thing for me to do...

Anyway,this is your board now and you'll do with it what you want but I came to say I know how you feel,it's tough but in my opinion it would be better to end it with your own terms rather than it get shut down You can be really proud of yourselves for making it so far,I really mean that! Honestly I thought after me leaving and then my old co-moderator Steph leaving this board would be finished since we seemed to be the only two here posting but I'm glad it didn't but there's a time for everything and I think you would be doing the right thing with deciding to close the board on your own

Anyway,that's my two cents Take care!
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
We have had very poor traffic at the Hayden board for a while now and no one seems to be posting. It has been a painful decision for myself and my co-moderator Sheiva but we feel that the board can't go on like this and instead of waiting to be closed we would it to be our decision.

Any posters please come and let us know what you think.

I recently signed up to FanForum and had trouble posting but just cleared that up by fixing my misspelled email adddress. Duh!

There are so few public fan forums for Hayden, I hope this one can stay. I had originally signed up to offer to help spread the word about the forum so that is why I'm posting now.

I had even receved an affiliate letter from FanForum a while back but I've been having some family matters taking a lot of time the last year and a half so it fell through the cracks.

I'll be glad to put up a link today on my fansite and tweet it on Twitter, Tumblr etc.

I know that Hayden news is pretty quiet at the moment and all the Hayden forums are quiet right now but it won't last.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maria thank you for stopping by it means alot. Sheiva and myself have been trying so hard to keep this board going but it is pretty much just us two posting and that isn't very fun.

HaydenFanNews I understand where you are coming from there aren't many Hayden forums about but it really isn't doing well and I don't see that changing unfortunately.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Guinevere~ Sure Yeah I know the feeling,it was pretty much just me and my co-mod too and it really wasn't nice,since you're supposed to have life outside of FF...

and I'm sorry HaydenFanNews, I have to agree with Guinevere,it don't look good,even DH.net,the biggest and most active Hayden fan site has shut down or is shutting down...=/
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I noticed that too DH.net is where I used to go for information and pics and now even that is closing down!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah and that's bad! maybe one day he could have an active board again but right now it would take almost nothing sort of a miracle...since he's nowhere to be found...
icon credit
Hayden
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM
New Fan

Well, I just thought I would offer in case you wanted to try and keep it going. I hope the board comes back one day.

Barbara

Last edited by HaydenFanNews; 04-06-2012 at 07:35 PM
Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Barbara Hopefully one day there will be enough interest to have a board again.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Barbara, believe me, Emma and I would love to keep the board open, but not at the rate it's going now. Since we have been the only two posting here it had become an obligation for both of us. Although I'm a huge fan of Hayden's, I do have a life outside of FF as well as responsibilities like my job and going to college and Emma has responsibilities as well. It's not fun to take huge chunks out of your day in order to keep a board open. And it was okay for a while because we both did not want the board to close, but both of us are kinda burned out.

And Maria, it's totally understandable that you outgrew the fandom. And I can't say I blame other Hayden fan's for not posting. It's really tough to be his fan right now considering how stagnant his career has been recently.

As Emma put it, hopefully when Hayden's career picks up interest will pick up as well and we can have a board again.

Maybe I could start some sort of blog for us to post at where a certain post count would not be necessary or Barbara, you could add a mini-forum of some sort to your site.

We're sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Thanks for your input.
The only people for me are the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars. -Jack Kerouac
icon credit: made by me
Old 04-08-2012, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you Maria and Barbara for stopping by and giving us your input
Old 04-15-2012, 11:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevereღ (View Post)
Thank you Maria and Barbara for stopping by and giving us your input
Thanks to you Guinevere and Sheiva, Rosecrystals for your work on the board and all the mods who came before you. I hope to run into you again in Hayden fandom.

Last edited by HaydenFanNews; 04-16-2012 at 11:02 AM