Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome! Any favourites?

Aww, that sounds sweet yet emotional, hopefully this week's better for you.

icon: Spike it up
Old 07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are all so good but my all time faves are Philosopher's Stone, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire, Deathly Hallows part 1 & 2

It was sweet but very emotional This week has been great I've applied for a job in the place I'm at now which would be a promotion if I get it
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, but people keep telling me to rent them.
Emily
Old 08-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

I personally love the movies and the books and it sad as I've grown up with Harry Potter and it's like the end of an era.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

All. Phew. I am back. I've been home for a week but have been trying to get back to normal life. How is everyone?

Here is a the start of a recap of my trip to LA and to San Diego Comic Con

Like last year I went to CA the weekend before to chill and see friends. Went to Rodeo Dr. on Saturday the 16th to see the fancy, expensive stores and pretend I was Cher Horowitz. LOL
Sunday we went to Disneyland. Took a ride on the new 3D Star Tours ride. The wait for that was insane. We got a Fast Pass around 11:30AM, told us to come back between 7:35PM - 8:35PM. The wait throughout the day was between 55 and 95 minutes. By early afternoon there were no more Fast Pass distributions. The ride was really cool. I think there are about 50 different options that they show. We got to see a 3D hologram of Yoda and we got to go to Naboo!
Sunday the 17th was also Disneyland's 56th birthday.

Monday, Jen worked and I just chilled at her house, watching Season 4 of Friends on DVD .
Di, her daughter, and daughter's friend drove down to SD and held a spot for all of us in front of Hall H for the Breaking Dawn panel to be held that Thursday. They camped out Monday night.

We met them Tuesday afternoon and held the spots while they went to their hotel to shower and sleep in a bed. We all took turns between Tuesday and Thursday morning. This was my first big camp out! LOL. And thank God there were tents up to keep us in the shade. It was so blaring hot in the sun. The shade was nice and cool.

Di did good. We were part of the first 30 people on line.
So this is the convention center when we first arrived

Cowboys and Aliens!

This was funny to see at the campout.

Wednesday, July 20 - Preview Night

First stop, the Summit Booth!

Over the course of the Con I got 2 bags for me. They never had t-shirts in my size. One with the Cullen Crest ( the middle photo) and one with red lettering on the far right. I also got a Cullen Crest bag for a friend. The bags are really thin and cheap but hey, they're "free". Also got a bunch of freebies, like the SDCC exclusive trading cards, pins, magnets

This was really AWESOME. I followed the progress of the VW Passat all 5 days.

Also took some pictures of the the Star Wars Blueprints book valued at $500. There was a contest to win it.

Back to the Future!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stephanie It's great to have you back

wow looks like you had an amazing time I love all the pics and it is funny what they put on some of the t-shirts ?

Love the Cowboys and Aliens on the side of the building
Old 08-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks How are you?

I did I'll post more soon.
You should see the shirt my friend made for herself.

Yea! Have you seen it yet? I am going to go sometime next week.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stephanie! I'm good thanks just applied for a promotion at work so I'm waiting to hear about an interview at the moment.

I haven't seen it yet but it looks really good I want to go see it.

Awesome I'm glad you had a good time and great I'll look forward to it
Old 08-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooo! Good luck!

Yea, the film looks exiting.

More photos:

Part 1 of Day 1 - July 21

At 6:30AM Summit brought us breakfast: water, orange juice, blueberry muffins, apples and bananas. They also gave out Breaking Dawn posters and thermoses.

Not Summit, but a fan site gave these out incase they showed the headboard scene. LOL I doubt they ever would, but still amusing.

My friend Kim's shirt. She made it herself.

Then we saw a bunch of news crews crowding around. Nikki Reed, Ashley Greene, Elizabeth Reaser, Julia Jones, and Booboo Stewart arrived.
First Ashley came down out aisle. She signed my poster and took a photo with me, as well as everyone who crowded around her. People from other lines were jumping into ours. Had to keep our eyes open that no one would then stay to cut.

Next Nikki came down our aisle. She remembered my friend Jen from a concert a few years ago, where they hung out for 2 hours. And we congratulated her on her engagement. The second photo was her reaction.

Elizabeth didn't come down our aisle, but Julia Jones and Booboo Stewart did. Got their signatures too, and a photo with Booboo. For some reason the reps were rushing Julia and stopped her from taking photos. That's ok, I already have the professional photo with her from Big Apple Comic Con. I said it was nice to see her again. She did that thing where she knew she remembered me from somewhere but couldn't remember where, and it was so chaotic and quick I didn't get a chance to remind her.

They let us into Hall H around 10AM I guess it was. Of course my friends and I all get separated, and people are practically running though they shouldn't be. I ended up in the first row of the second section, more towards the right, behind the press. The big giant head you see in my pics and video is a press reporter. You'd thinking knowing he is tall and had a huge head he'd slouch a bit. Also, people have impeccable timing to pass in front going to and fro from the restrooms.

Anyway!

11:15-12:15 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1— Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek at the highly anticipated next chapter of The Twilight Saga. This is a must see for fans interested in the story's final chapters. You'll see exclusive footage from The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1 and be treated to a filmmaker and cast Q&A session providing details on the first half of the epic two-part finale. Hall H

Then they introduced Julia, Elizabeth, Nikki and Ashley. No Booboo

Rob had an oral fixation with the bottle cap. Maybe he was craving a cigarette.

Some of my favorite parts are in the video I took, ‪Breaking Dawn part1 at SDCC 2011‬‏ - YouTube, but what I missed and also liked was when Kristen made this cross sign with her fingers to say that Bella was not going to explain her decisions to anyone. I also liked the facial expressions she made below.

After the panel we wanted to get into Ballroom 20 for the Ringer panel:
1:45-2:45 Ringer— Sarah Michelle Gellar makes her highly anticipated television return in the gripping new thriller Ringer, as a woman who, after witnessing a murder, goes on the run, hiding out by assuming the life of her wealthy identical twin -- only to learn that her sister's seemingly idyllic life is just as complicated and dangerous as the one she's trying to leave behind. Be the first to see an exclusive sneak peek at the new series about family secrets and stolen identities, followed by a panel discussion with series stars Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Ioan Gruffudd (Fantastic Four), Nestor Carbonell (Lost, The Dark Knight), Kristoffer Polaha (Life Unexpected), executive producer Pam Veasey (CSI:NY), and co-executive producers Nicole Snyder (Supernatural) and Eric Charmelo (Supernatural). Ballroom 20
But this was the line for Ballroom 20, went all the way to the marina near Joe's Crab Shack. And this line was the norm for the rest of the Con. I'll post a rant about it for Day 2 and what I think a solution should be. I think many of those people on line were wanting to get in to see 3:00-4:00 Game of Thrones Panel and Q&A session— Based on the bestselling fantasy book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, HBO's Game of Thrones concluded its 10-episode debut season on June 19. The series, executive produced and written by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, follows kings and queens, knights and renegades, liars and noblemen as they vie for power in a land where summers span decades and winters can last a lifetime. Some of the cast featured in the first season and appearing on this panel are (in alphabetical order) Emilia Clarke as Daenerys Targaryen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Ser Jaime Lannister, Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, and Jason Momoa as Khal Drogo. Moderated by George R. R. Martin, who also serves as a co-executive producer and writer on the series. Ballroom 20

So we had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack instead. Then we went to the Exhibit Hall. Looked at Sideshow Collectibles and Hallmark.

Here is the progress of the Passat:

On the way to the Summit Booth, lol, we saw James Frain, aka Cromwell, being interviewed.

I then went upstair to wait on line for the Her Universe panel. There was a Harry Potter fandom panel before that was so popular not everyone got into it. While on line I took a picture of this man for my friends who like Dr. Who.
Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks

wow I can't believe you got to meet Ashley, Nikki, Boo Boo and Julia that's so awesome I'm so jealous

Thanks for your video of the BD panel I'm off to watch that in a minute

Ringer looks really good and I love Sarah I can imagine the lines for that would be huge!

The Passat looks awesome in those pics.

Love that last pic
Old 08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was a nice surprise for them to come meet and greet us. A very lucky experience.

Enjoy the video. I am sorry if it is a bit shaky.

Quote:
Ringer looks really good and I love Sarah I can imagine the lines for that would be huge!
I think more people were there for the panel right after it, Game of Thrones.

That guy amazes me for drawing on the Passat.

Glad you like it
Old 08-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Absolutely such a lucky experience The cast are so nice

I did enjoy the video it was so cute when the got embarrassed talking about certain scenes in BD

Game of Thrones has got a big following

He is so amazing for drawing on the Passat very talented

It looks like you had a great time
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I did enjoy the video it was so cute when the got embarrassed talking about certain scenes in BD
Oh yeeeaaaa...
There was on I did't get where Taylor talks about the imprinting and his tone and manner, he was son uncomfortable.

Quote:
Game of Thrones has got a big following
Oh yea. I had NO IDEA till I saw them at CC.

Have you ever seen it? I was going to watch Season 1 on DVD before S2 starts.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

aww poor Taylor having to answer those types of questions

I have seen up to episode 7 so far it is really good. I need to catch up before S2 starts. My fave characters are Dany, Kahl Drogo (although he doesn't give of the best first impression but if you watch it just keep in mind his character gets better ) I also love Jon Snow aswell
Old 08-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yea, I feel bad for him.

I will watch it soon.