Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awake #7: Clay's mother taught him what it really meant to love someone.

Banner by Tasha (xO_tasha)

Title: Awake
Role: Clay
Co-starring: Jessica Alba (Sam), Terrence Howard, Lena Olin
Director: Joby Harold
Plot Outline: A psychological thriller that tells the story of a man (Christensen) undergoing heart surgery while experiencing a phenomenon called "anesthetic awareness," which leaves him awake but paralyzed throughout the operation. His wife (Alba) must wrestle with her own demons as a drama unfolds around them.
Released: USA 30 November 2007, UK 29 February 2008 ?

Official site

Quote:
Hayden plays the unlucky patient who wakes up while the surgeons are performing heart surgery. Terrence is his doctor and best friend, and Jessica is his loving wife, who is forced to struggle with her own demons as a terrifying drama unfolds around the couple.

"She goes through loving someone who she knows she can't love forever, because there's an expiration date on someone with a weak heart," explains Jessica.

"That was the biggest challenge," Hayden tells ET about performing his unique task. "To get myself into some Zen-like space where I could just be still for an hour-and-a-half on end ... I sing songs in my head, recount old memories, that sort of thing."

"You see, for the other actors, we think Hayden got the cushy job," interjects Terrence, "because half the movie he gets to sleep on the table. You would love to go to work and just lay there with your eyes closed."

Source | Watch the interview on YouTube
[SIZE="1"]Hayden talks about the role in the Vman Fall/Winter 2006 Issue

Quote:
MM Tell me about your role in Awake.

HC It's about this young well-to-do guy who needs a heart transplant. A heart becomes available, and I go into the operation, where I experience anesthetic awareness, which has got to be one of the most terrifying things imaginable. I talked to people who had it: you lie on this operating table in varying degrees of consciousness totally unable to do anything about it. Some people will experience little things, others will feel every cut and incision. The film gets more ****ed-up from there. It will be a different thriller. What Jaws did to being in the water, this will do to the operating room.

MM What was it like working with Terence Howard?

HC He's the real deal and is going to become one of the defining actors of his generation. He plays the doctor. He and I became chess-obsessed. It was something we did because we both like chess and we're very competitive, but it was also a tool for our work. It kept us interacting and playing off each other. I also did that with Peter Sarsgaard in Shattered Glass. A bit of chess and a lot of Ping-Pong.
The trailer!

Watch it here!

Pictures

Previous threads:

Awake (Clay) #1: Our man in scrubs!! *SPOILERS*
Awake #2: Paging doctor hottie! *SPOILERS*
Awake #3: What Jaws did to the water, this will do to the operating room. *SPOILERS*
Awake #4: Awake has woken up! *SPOILERS*
Awake #5: In the operating room no one can hear you scream.
Awake #6: Clay loved with all his heart
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Yay! New thread.
Thanks for opening it, Emma.
The only people for me are the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars. -Jack Kerouac
icon credit: made by me
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know we are doing well at the moment

No problem
Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know we are doing well at the moment

No problem
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Extreme Fan

It's been slow so I'm always pleasantly surprised when we reach 300 posts on a thread.
The only people for me are the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars. -Jack Kerouac
Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is so slow so when we can get to the end of a thread it is great
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes it is.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love the last picture in the OP the way they are holding each other and the way he looks at her is with so much love
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Awww I know! Such a sweet, affectionate man. Sam and those doctors How could they? Look at that face!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know he loved her so much and literally trusted his best friend with his life!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh Clay, you stupid sweet man! Too good for his own well-being.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know he is too sweet for his own good
Old 01-13-2012, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

It's important to be kind to others, but not at the expense of yourself. He forgot that a little, lol.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

He did. He had to too much trust in those around him he never in a million years would have suspected them of plotting to kill him.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Extreme Fan

He wouldn't have. I mean Sam played her role well so I think most people wouldn't figure that out. But on the part of the surgeons? He was fully aware that they had a few malpractice suits against them. If I was in his position that would have sent red flags off in my head.

His mother's lack of trust in people was what saved him. Hopefully after he woke up he took that lesson to heart.