Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Season 12 Auditions - Discussion Thread

American Idol Season 12 premieres January 16th, 2013 on FOX.

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 02-07-2013 at 08:17 AM
Old 01-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for starting this Sarah, I meant to last night but was so tired, it totally slipped my mind

So did anyone catch the first episode?

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 01-17-2013, 05:42 AM
Extreme Fan

No problem Ray, hope you got some rest.

I'm glad Idol is back! The premiere was pretty good but I think there's going to be a lot of drama between Mariah and Nicki.

My favorite contestant they sent through so far was a girl who sang a Carrie Underwood song and also rapped a Nicki Minaj song.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

And of course the judge drama is there from the first minute

I was at the gym during the second hour so I couldn't hear but I think I know who you're talking about and I had a feeling she's one of the really good ones, it seems I was right

I'll watch it again over the weekend to have more thoughts about it

| ray
Old 01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, it seems the judge drama will be ongoing this season. I feel bad for Keith being stuck in the middle of it, lol.

I'm glad you got to watch some of the premiere. That girl was good but I can't remember her name now

Did you see the part with Phillip at the beginning?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the thread, Sarah! I'll comment on everything when I see the episode in 10 days.

I've read some headlines about the "feud" between Nicki and Mariah but I haven't been following the story closer. Hopefully it doesn't become the center of attention on the show.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really like a lot of people already this season. There are still a lot of talent out there and it showed in the first two episodes. The Mariah and Nicki feud seems to be the center of attention right now though and it'll get worst next week.
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 01-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome Laura!

There have been a lot of talented contestants already, especially at the Chicago auditions. I don't know how far Kez Ban will make it, but her audition was really good. I liked that she sang an original song.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's too bad about having to wait that long Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Yeah, it seems the judge drama will be ongoing this season. I feel bad for Keith being stuck in the middle of it, lol.
I liked his sarcastic line about him having 'the best seat' or something like that

Quote:
I'm glad you got to watch some of the premiere. That girl was good but I can't remember her name now
It was Sarah actually She was good Ashlee was too, the one whose family took in kids with medical issues.

Quote:
Did you see the part with Phillip at the beginning?
I did! I loved how raw it was, it was pretty cool they did something like that and using Home of course

My favourite from the NY auditions was Angela Miller who had 40% hearing loss in one ear and 20% in the other. Loved her voice and tone.

| ray
Old 01-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I got it a week later last year but now they're back to airing it on the weekend of the next week which makes it 10-11 days ( = 1.5 weeks).

I'm really sad if the judges drama is gonna get a lot of attention this year. I was so glad to get rid of useless Steven and JLo and the show had a chance to redeem itself after two years of nonsense "judging". But is it out of the frying pan into the fire instead?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I'll probably be watching over the weekend but thankfully it'll be on the same week Well the discussion threads will be waiting when you do get to watch them

The judge drama is such a turn-off, I found myself actually fast-forwarding most of it. Mariah and Nikki talk over eachother a LOT and it's all just non-sense, I never know what or why the heck they're even arguing. It's even becoming kind of rude to the auditioners because someone would be standing right there waiting for them to be done. I hope they tone it down a lot as the episodes go along.

Also, I saw the Chicago auditions episode today and there were quite a few talented people, none that I had a particular interest in, but they were good for sure. I did like that Johnny Keeser from last season auditioned again, wasn't too fond of his song choice but I still like him. Also Colton's sister was back and apparently made it again.

| ray
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't understand how they are not able to get it here the following weekend like everyone else in the world. Really a bummer.

It does sound really rude! Not to mention unprofessional. I guess they are both there just getting attention to themselves, should have known.

I read that there were some people coming back after last season. Let's see how many of them make it through, last season there were quite many that got a second chance.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

10 days is actually pretty good to how it used to be for me years ago when I had to wait a couple of years for the season they're currently showing The internet came in pretty handy later

Yeah exactly, and the episode is to show the people auditioning and every clip or so ends with them going at it arguing; and they'd do the British accent sometimes ... And yeah it's all pretty annoying.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...remiere-413144
^ This mentions The Good and The Bad contestants from the first episode (NY) and it's pretty accurate.

ETA: And here's a recap of the second episode (Chicago): http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...-do-you-413557

ETA2: Just had to add one more thing There was one I liked from the Chicago auditions, Kez Ban. Interesting person and really good vocals for sure.

| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 01-20-2013 at 04:55 PM
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
I liked his sarcastic line about him having 'the best seat' or something like that
Yeah, it seems like Keith is being a good sport about it so far Randy just looks like he is bored mostly so far.

Quote:
It was Sarah actually She was good Ashlee was too, the one whose family took in kids with medical issues.
I went and found her audition on yt so I saw her name then Ashlee was good too and had a very nice family

Quote:
I did! I loved how raw it was, it was pretty cool they did something like that and using Home of course
It was awesome that they did that with how successful 'Home' is!

Quote:
My favourite from the NY auditions was Angela Miller who had 40% hearing loss in one ear and 20% in the other. Loved her voice and tone.
Angela was very good too

Quote:
Yeah, I got it a week later last year but now they're back to airing it on the weekend of the next week which makes it 10-11 days ( = 1.5 weeks).
That is a bummer that you have to wait that long to see it Laura!

Quote:
I'm really sad if the judges drama is gonna get a lot of attention this year. I was so glad to get rid of useless Steven and JLo and the show had a chance to redeem itself after two years of nonsense "judging". But is it out of the frying pan into the fire instead?
Quote:
The judge drama is such a turn-off, I found myself actually fast-forwarding most of it. Mariah and Nikki talk over eachother a LOT and it's all just non-sense, I never know what or why the heck they're even arguing. It's even becoming kind of rude to the auditioners because someone would be standing right there waiting for them to be done. I hope they tone it down a lot as the episodes go along.
The Nicki/Mariah bickering is annoying, it's a shame too because I think they could both actually be good judges if they would just stop arguing. Unfortunately, from the promos I've seen the arguing is going to get even worse for the upcoming week at least.

Thanks for the recaps Ray, they are pretty accurate.

Quote:
Just had to add one more thing There was one I liked from the Chicago auditions, Kez Ban. Interesting person and really good vocals for sure.
I really liked Kez Ban too. Her audition was the first one I looked up on yt. She's definitely unique and good vocals/guitar playing I loved when she said she was from North Carolina, Planet Earth
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's a bummer but what can you do? I just hope you guys are still up to discussing the episodes by the time I actually see them.

Thanks for the recaps, Ray! I'll comment more once I've seen the episodes.

And hopefully Nicki and Mariah get the bickering out of their systems by the time the live shows start. At the latest.