Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2003, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl:
<STRONG>Brasha, all I meant was that I think Clay's biggest fans are young girls and Ruben's tend to be older fans. I wasn't saying that no older fans like Clay or younger fans don't like Ruben.</STRONG>
No, I love being a grouped as teeny...I took it as a compliment [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]...after all I am thirty, but I can act like a kid, right? My honey will disagree [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And I love both Rub and Clay so I guess that fits me in the middle anyways [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sBabygirl:
<STRONG>I think Clay's biggest fans are young girls </STRONG>
Well, going by the Clay boards I post at his fans seem to be in their late 20's and older. Just sayin'. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways...

Glad to hear about Ruben being on One on One. I don't think I've ever seen that show, but I might tune in when Ruben is on. Is that the same show Tamyra was on once?
Old 12-19-2003, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

well congrats to ruben's number 1 debut! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]...tamyra was on half and half, one on one is a different show....as for the fan base demographics i figure it's as diverse as everything else in the world...different taste for different folks regardless of age...i'm just thankfull josh never made it to the final round [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ...
Old 12-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

any news on his tour? on a side note luther vandross is up about again...congrats to his recovery [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ...
Old 12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

here

Quote:
Ruben Studdard's greatest loves are music and food.

With his debut album, Soulful (see "Ruben Studdard Misses Football But Wouldn't Change A Thing"), topping the sales chart, it's safe to say he's doing a lot with the first. Now he's moving on to the second.

Studdard plans to open a restaurant in his hometown.

"I'm in the process of brainstorming with my marketing team and all that stuff, trying to come up with a concept for a late-night restaurant for people in Birmingham," the Alabama crooner said recently.

No, ruben sandwiches will not be the specialty. Instead, Ruben wants to cater to club-goers.

"It's gonna be open until probably like 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning," he said. "We have one or two [similar restaurants], but nothing in the heart of the city, in downtown ... 'cause all of our clubs are downtown. And when the clubs are through popping, there's nothing where you can just shoot straight to the restaurant."

A post-party grub stop yes, but this will not be an imitation Denny's. "It's gonna be classy, it's not gonna be just a thrown-together restaurant," Studdard said.

For the menu, the "American Idol 2" winner is thinking a smorgasbord of "down home" cooking. "We're gonna have the Southern favorites, but our presentation of it is gonna be better," he said.

The eatery has yet to be named, but with Studdard's "Velvet Teddy Bear" nickname and signature 205 jerseys (Birmingham's area code), he has some fun possibilities.

"It was gonna be Fat Boys," Ruben said. "But I was driving around in Florida and I saw a restaurant called Fat Boys and I was like, 'Dang it.' "

Studdard hopes to have plans finalized by early next year, before he hits the road to promote Soulful. The album sold 300,000 copies in its first week (see "Ruben Debuts At #1 But Can't Match Clay's First-Week Sales").

—Corey Moss
Old 12-23-2003, 11:40 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by meretwins:
<STRONG>any news on his tour? on a side note luther vandross is up about again...congrats to his recovery [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ...</STRONG>
Oh, that's great. And I haven't heard anything about Ruben's tour.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

well his album isn't number one...he got bumped by miss keyes...excellent album btw [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]...but he's still in the top ten at number 8...
Old 12-30-2003, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

My mom owns the CD and now I do as well.

Did anyone catch his latest video "Sorry 2004". It and it's making of the video was on BET last night. Ruben has a kissing scene in it. [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 12-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Absolute Fan

What? So you mean, like, the video may actually have something to do with the song? Wow. That's rare for a former AI contestant. Maybe they hired a real director this time. Ruben's not, at any point in the video, standing in front of an in-ground pool at night, by any chance, is he? Or surrounded by strangers as he just stands there and sings?

"What is love if cops don't come? I'm sorry, if you've never broken into my house or threatened my pets, you don't love me." --Storm Large
Old 12-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

i'll have to keep my eyes out for it...i really like that song the most so far on his album...
Old 12-31-2003, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Spoiler....

In the video, they never tell you what he does, but he goes to the beauty shop (where the girl works) and he sees her and says 'hi' and she just looks at him all hurt and then tells the girl (she's doing someone's hair) "I cant believe he showed up." After that, she looks out the window and sees a couple of kids with white t-shirts that say 'im sorry' on it and then when she's walking home a bus passes by with the words 'im sorry' on it and then she sees a hose spread out on the street in a style that says 'im sorry' and then she heads home and their are roses EVERYWHERE. Then she looks out the window and Ruben is singing to her. It's a sweet video.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 01-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious:
<STRONG>Spoiler....

In the video, they never tell you what he does, but he goes to the beauty shop (where the girl works) and he sees her and says 'hi' and she just looks at him all hurt and then tells the girl (she's doing someone's hair) "I cant believe he showed up." After that, she looks out the window and sees a couple of kids with white t-shirts that say 'im sorry' on it and then when she's walking home a bus passes by with the words 'im sorry' on it and then she sees a hose spread out on the street in a style that says 'im sorry' and then she heads home and their are roses EVERYWHERE. Then she looks out the window and Ruben is singing to her. It's a sweet video.</STRONG>
Wow, sounds like a great video! I love the song on Ruben's CD, but I love so many of them, tracks: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 13 are my favorites. I'm glad Ruben is still doing his thing and I feel like he's definitely going to be around for a long time [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2004, 10:12 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by meretwins:
<STRONG>well his album isn't number one...he got bumped by miss keyes...excellent album btw </STRONG>
Yeah, I like her new album, too. Not as much as the first one (I saw her perform all those songs in concert, and she kicked so much ass!), but I still like it. More musical and back to her roots, the piano. "Wake Up" is my jam!

Anyway, I finally got Ruben's new CD. I love it! Right now, I am listening to "No Ruben". I really like the music to that song. I really also like "What Is Sexy", "Don't Quit On Me", and "Sorry 2004".

Our boy totally did his thing on this album. So proud of him! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2004, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

in entertainment weekly's mag there's a pic of ruben with clay as one of the top ten of the 2003's best list...it was a cute pic...it may still be out in stores this week...
Old 01-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Absolute Fan

It's hard to pick my favorite songs from Ruben's CD since I like so many of them. My CD nearly got messed up from repeat play. lol. I will always love "Flying Without Wings." "For All We Know" is such a pretty song. "Play Our Song" is fun and catchy as well as "No Ruben." I like the mellowness of "Sorry 2004" and "What is Sexy." "After the Candles Burn" is kind of chill and what one would probably call a "baby-making song." I also love "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart" b/c it sounds kind of old-fashioned.