Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 02:21 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

The Red Room (Off Topic) #21: "Died last night in my dreams, walking the streets of some old ghost town."

Welcome to the Red Room {Off Topic} !

~**~**~

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 08-24-2015, 02:52 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Lyrics again xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoK (View Post)
I want to buy some new albums so badly. Maybe I should consider them my birthday present to myself (not like last weekend wasn't).

I want to buy Hozier and Mika. Not sure if I'll do it or not. I have kind of decided against taking a water walking class because I'm not sure how my knees would take it. There is a class for people who have arthritis, but it meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings when I usually practice my flute. I'm also working on trying to get more reading students.

Anyway, I'll let you know if I buy the albums or not.

Decisions, decisions.

Margo
That's cool you're thinking of buying that, I only heard the one song of Hozier's that they aired on the radio and I liked that one. Hope your knee isn't bothering you as much as it did a while back and good luck with figuring out which class(es) you want to take.

Quote:
Well, I'm really nervous about the reading session tomorrow. I am not and never have been a good sight reader. Since it was my birthday yesterday, I just relaxed and didn't practice at all. I've practiced some today, but I don't sound good. I plan on practicing some more before the night is over.

Anyway, wish me luck tomorrow!
Aw Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a good day with your family. And good luck with the session today, I hope it goes well. Same for getting more practice.

| ray
Old 08-24-2015, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks! Well, we (members of the community band I'm in) showed up at 10:00 this morning and they said they had forgotten to send anything out to the community band about a time change. The reading session was starting at 1:00!!! I called my reading student and she couldn't have a later lesson, so I didn't end up going to the reading session. I ended up practicing at home after taking a nap.

We had a very nice time Saturday night. We went to Red Lobster. I was the fortunate one. We all ordered dishes with different types of seafood. Both my husband and daughter ordered salmon, which they both said was dry. I had shrimp, lobster and scallops, which were all fantastic! Then we split a dessert.

Thanks for asking!

Margo

P.S. - I got the dvr in the mail today. My husband is going to have to show me how to use it. I won't really need it for quite a while, but I figure I can record Big Bang Theory since I'm not home on Thursday nights.

Last edited by MargoK; 08-24-2015 at 02:39 PM
Old 08-26-2015, 05:23 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that's too bad about the schedule changing and you having to miss it since you were excited about it. Hopefully something else comes up to make up for it.

Sounds like it was a fun day then, good thing you were lucky with your order

Great about the DVR! I'm sure it'll be very handy now.

| ray
Old 08-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Got to see a good friend today -- not an Idol fan at all. She's a classical flutist I've known for many years. She and I don't see each other very often because she works full time as a teacher's assistant. We probably won't see each other again until Christmastime.

Margo
Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That sounds like fun! It's nice to be able to see friends every once in a while. And meeting up every few months is definitely better than cutting off completely because of one reason or another.

| ray
Old 08-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TFTNT, Ray! Great title!

Happy belated birthday, Margo! Sounds like you had a great day!
Good luck with the DVR! It should be pretty simple to use it and it's definitely handy.

------

I'm so happy, I got tickets to 2 Cheek shows in February! He's doing an arena tour and we're going to the show in my home town with my sisters and brother-in-law. And I got a ticket for myself to the last show of the tour in Helsinki, I'm going alone because I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Yes, I'm that obsessed. xD

And I got a new iPod today!

Bringing over from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Well better late than never in this case then, it's good that you at least were able to realize this now and figured out what you want to do instead of being stuck here for many years to come with no other options
Yeah, at least I know this wasn't meant to be. I can't wait to start looking for another one.

Quote:
Aw that's sweet, glad you were able to hang out with him more and hope you enjoyed the movie
It's always hang out with my nephew and yes, Minions was fun.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Congratulations on going to see Cheek! I don't know who that is, but he's obviously your favorite.

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.

Margo
Old 08-27-2015, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks Margo! He's arguably the biggest artist in Finland right now, I've been a fan for a couple of years now. He's also the guy in my icon.

You're welcome.

Yay, Friday! Leaving work early today to get my hair done.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Lyrics are life-saviors when it comes to thread titles xD Congrats on the iPod!
------

Quote:
I'm so happy, I got tickets to 2 Cheek shows in February! He's doing an arena tour and we're going to the show in my home town with my sisters and brother-in-law. And I got a ticket for myself to the last show of the tour in Helsinki, I'm going alone because I couldn't get anyone to go with me. Yes, I'm that obsessed. xD
Aw that's awesome! It'll be a lot of fun, I'm sure. And it is perfectly fine to go on your own if there's no one to go with, I'm sure you won't be paying attention much to anyone else other than Cheek anyway

Quote:
Yeah, at least I know this wasn't meant to be. I can't wait to start looking for another one.
Hope it all goes well for you

-----

TGIF

| ray
Old 08-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Thanks Margo! He's arguably the biggest artist in Finland right now, I've been a fan for a couple of years now. He's also the guy in my icon.
He's a cutie.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Lyrics are life-saviors when it comes to thread titles xD Congrats on the iPod!
They really are. Thanks! Now I need to figure out how to use it properly. xD

Quote:
Aw that's awesome! It'll be a lot of fun, I'm sure. And it is perfectly fine to go on your own if there's no one to go with, I'm sure you won't be paying attention much to anyone else other than Cheek anyway
I think it will be fun too! It's been over a year since I last saw him so I can't wait. And I'm almost over the fact that I had better tickets at my fingerstips than the ones I ended up with. xD Oh yeah, I don't mind going alone, I'm sure I'll be perfectly distracted during the concert. I'll just have to follow the crowds leaving the concert because it'll be dark and late then.

Quote:
Hope it all goes well for you
Thank you.

Quote:
TGIF
And now the weekend is almost over.

Quote:
He's a cutie.
He is.

-------

Hope you guys have enjoyed the weekend!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Extreme Fan

My next door neighbor's husband died earlier this year. She is getting rid of EVERYTHING. She even rented a dumpster. I don't know why she didn't think to give the CDs to my husband, but she threw all her CDs in the dumpster, so this morning my husband went dumpster diving! He mostly got CDs and DVDs. I picked out Reba's Greatest Hits Vol. 2 (I'm not really a country fan, but I love the song Fancy since I've heard it on Idol so many times). I also got James Blunt's album Back to Bedlam. My daughter (older) absolutely cannot stand James Blunt. I'll let you know what I think after listening to it.

Been a pretty quiet weekend other than that. I had a new reading student yesterday and I assessed his reading and spelling. A good friend of mine always gives me jewelry from Macy's for my birthday, but this time I couldn't figure out what I'd wear it with, so I took it back. I had a $10.00 coupon so I got a $60.00 shirt for $30,00. Unless I get some more students, I probably won't be buying much else in the way of clothes this year!

Margo
Old 08-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Enjoy the new CDs and the shirt! It sounds like a bargain. And hope you get more students!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:42 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
They really are. Thanks! Now I need to figure out how to use it properly. xD
Good luck with that xD

Quote:
I think it will be fun too! It's been over a year since I last saw him so I can't wait. And I'm almost over the fact that I had better tickets at my fingerstips than the ones I ended up with. xD Oh yeah, I don't mind going alone, I'm sure I'll be perfectly distracted during the concert. I'll just have to follow the crowds leaving the concert because it'll be dark and late then.
Aw that's too bad about the tickets and hopefully you'll be over the fact completely soon xD And oh right Hope all goes well with the exit and going home too ... when the time comes

Quote:
And now the weekend is almost over.
It is now for me too

---------

Those sound like great deals Margo. Hope you enjoy the new music you got. And good luck with your students situation

| ray