Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie:
<STRONG>Jennifer: She's very theatrical, that one..</STRONG>
To say the very least. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I didn't really agree with the judges when they were saying how she's got wonderful control. When I watch her singing it's kinda like a pressure cooker, and you can see that it's building up and getting outta control and it's about to blow. How's that for an analogy? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

George, oh how I love him!!!! He's got the smile, he's got the dance moves, and he's got that wonderful voice full of emotion, and he never hits a note wrong. I hope he stays in til the very end (would even go far as to say I'd love to see him win) coz I wanna see some more performances from him. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jasmine, loved her too. She's looks so petite so you don't expect such an incredible voice to come outta her, but she just blows me away when she sings. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Diana, she was my 3rd fave tonight. She really got into the song and put on a great performance. Girl can sing, too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I also liked La Toya and Fantasia. Both have great voices and are consistent during their performances.

John, I'm with Randy, "bored to tears". Though I thought it was kinda harsh how Randy just came out and said how he wasn't anywhere near as good as Dean Martin or Sinatra. Obviously those performers are who John is trying to emulate, so telling him straight out that he's totally missed the mark is just gonna break the poor guy's heart, and as boring as I find his performances, I felt really sorry for him when Randy said that.

JPL, is it just me or does anyone else think he seems kinda breathless when he's singing and dancing? Kinda like he can't do both at the same time? I thought his voice was kinda weak tonight. I'm sure he can do better though, so I'll give him another go before I write him off. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The rest of 'em were kinda blah IMO. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv:
<STRONG>oh my god omg god I met Cosima!!!!!!</STRONG>
How cool that you got a hug and everything. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] Will hafta tell my hubby about that, he'll be jealous as all hell. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awesome Kyls [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Is it in your LJ [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] *hint*
Old 03-22-2004, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:

How cool that you got a hug and everything. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] Will hafta tell my hubby about that, he'll be jealous as all hell. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

I'm still like yay!yay!yay! today [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

&lt; geek [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm going to update it today Kel [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

edited - Cosima is going to have a single out....I dunno when but it's definate [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think it's going to be her cover of When the war is over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited p&j =true luv ]
Old 03-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv:
<STRONG>edited - Cosima is going to have a single out....I dunno when but it's definate [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think it's going to be her cover of When the war is over [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
That's awesome [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I hope it's a hit.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

How cool that you met Cosima! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

As for AmI3 - Buh-bye Leah. I was so embarrassed for all of them when they had to do the group dancing for the soul medley, LOL! Poor John looked really out of it - But was that *really* him singing those low, low notes? If it was, bloody hell! Good stuff.

Anyone got an idea for a new thread title?
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 03-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Divine Spark:
<STRONG>That's interesting about the song choice and the copyrights, I had no idea! But even if it's someone's like 10th song choice or whatever, shouldn't they still be choosing songs that they sound great in? Meh, maybe that's just me.
</STRONG>
Yes definitely, but what I mean is, although is should still be your choice, it still is unfair how some people can get their choices and work with what they planned whilst others have to change everything.

I know that I wrote earlier that I was content with who went but after watching the whole of 'Sunday and Monday's show, I'm actually disappointed that Leah left. I think I grew to actually like her personality- once she got rid of her annoying mother!

It's amazing how the packages can really make you enjoy a person more [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I think I would have preferred Fantasia Jasmine or Matt going this week.

Is it just me or does Camille look stoned?

I noticed during the group performance tonight and the way that the girls were group that if you removed LaToya, Fantasia, Amy, and Jennifer, you had the american version of the Spice Girls - all young girls and different ethnicity.

And as funny as it sounds. I'm crushing on both JPL and John Stevens. JPL cracks me - very entertaining! I think that John Stevens is extremely endearing and adorable - I just want to hug him. He is so sweet and I could die tomorrow, knowing that I have finally seen him dance, people described it to me but how cute was he dancing - about two beats begind everyone else. So sweet!

Sara

EDIT: those low notes were indeed John [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited Elizajoey ]
Old 03-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Their song and dance routine was shocking. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] And the way they made them pose at the end and then hold it? LMAO! It was like a bad version of The Brady Bunch!

I agree with you Sara, I have kind of grown fond of Leah now. She sung so much better the second time round. Even though it must be terrible for them to sing then, I like how they sing and then they farewell them with the video message. It's quite sweet and I'm sure a lot easier to sing befor you've been booted off.

Ps - did anyone see Simon twirling Paula's hair when they were talking recapping John? Gah, get a room?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM:
<STRONG>I was so embarrassed for all of them when they had to do the group dancing for the soul medley, LOL! Poor John looked really out of it -</STRONG>
He looked totally out of his element, didn't he? It seems that the group performances on AmIdol are just as bad as the ones on AusIdol. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajoey:
<STRONG>I'm actually disappointed that Leah left. I think I grew to actually like her personality- once she got rid of her annoying mother!

It's amazing how the packages can really make you enjoy a person more [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
When they showed the clip of Leah singing with her choir, I thought she sounded about a million times better than she ever has on the show. So now I don't doubt that she can sing, but I still don't think she was good enough to make it to the top 12. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Elizajoey:
<STRONG>Is it just me or does Camille look stoned?</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think she's just kinda overwhelmed, but yeah, she looks pretty out of it to me, too. I was actually amazed when they announced that it was Jennifer in the bottom 3 and not Camille. I didn't really think too much of either of their performances, but I didn't expect Jennifer to be one of the bottom 3. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Divine Spark:
<STRONG>Ps - did anyone see Simon twirling Paula's hair when they were talking recapping John? Gah, get a room?</STRONG>
He was practically sitting in her lap. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Have they confirmed that there's something going on there? Or are they just playing it up for the cameras to feed the rumour mill and get more publicity for the show?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Addicted Fan

*snickers* Simon and Paula are absolutely doing it, there's no doubt after tonight's show. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The group song didn't sound right to me, it sounded like everyone was trying to outsing each other. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Their house though, whoa! It's gorgeous. Clay Aiken wasn't too bad though I don't like that song, I prefer "The Way". And Kelly was mentioned! Even though she should get away from 19Evil as soon as possible.

Performance night was good, I enjoyed it even though I should've been doing my work, heh. I cracked up during JPL's performance, he just bops his way through and I find it hilarious. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was watching the clips of Diana and John and I just couldn't help but bust out laughing because it's everything I'd imagined an American high school to be, cheerleaders and everything. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Diana has one hell of a voice but I get a very Hilary Duff-vibe from her. I feel so untalented whenever I watch this show, there are people younger than I am. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I was so pleased that Leah was booted, I hated her rendition of You Keep Me Hangin On, that's one of my fave 80's songs! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] She obviously couldn't cut it in this competition, everyone else (um, though I don't like John) is vocally superior to her.

I dislike Matt alot, he scares me. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] His clip did seem rather presidential. Looks like alot of the contestants got their singing start in church, I found Fantasia's church sign amusing "Fantasia Bobo Barrino", hee. And her little girl is named Zion, how cute. [/Matrix geek]

Anticipating the deeper stages of the competition, when the really good singers go head-to-head, can't wait. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh - and I love George. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 03-23-2004, 03:11 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I actually felt sorry for Leah when she left last night. I mean, I didn't like her at all before, but .... I dunno...she didn't annoy me as much [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish Leah wasn't booted..I thought she was fabulous. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Well, at least she'll get to record a track for the Idol cast album. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think Camile will be around for a while...she's like the girl next door..Hopefully she'll get her nerves sorted out. :/
Old 03-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

kyls That is so great you met Cosima! Where at?
Ooooh a single! I love the fact that the Idols are making music but I must say - enough of the covers already. however Cosima's WTWIO was fantastic!!

There is an Australian Idol show on next monday... Can't remember the time though...
Old 03-24-2004, 04:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles:
kyls That is so great you met Cosima! Where at?
At the Airport [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She was just coming back from erm...Melbourne I think, she sang like 6 songs at this event thing (it was a free event too). One of the songs she sang was 'River Deep, Mountain High' and someone taped it and put it on the net.

Quote:
Ooooh a single! I love the fact that the Idols are making music but I must say - enough of the covers already. however Cosima's WTWIO was fantastic!!
The maybe date for it is April 24 [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It would have been great if it was an original but I'll take whatever [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
There is an Australian Idol show on next monday... Can't remember the time though...
Special Presentation
Australian Idol
The Journey Begins
8pm - 8.30pm | TEN
(TBA) Entertainment

Prepare your voice, choose a song, create a look and join Network Ten's Idol hosts Andrew G and James Mathison in an audition call to all future Idols! Take a trip down memory lane as we reminisce about Australian Idol 2003, plus Idol winner, Guy Sebastian and runner up, Shannon Noll, take us on their amazing journey and through their career highlights, since Idol mania. From their homes they give personal advice to Idol wannabes, whilst taking a look back at their very first audition and how the Idol dream began for them and now it can begin for you!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh god. Not another cover! Man..they really should cut the Idol apron strings already. :[