Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv:
<STRONG>OMFG!!!!!!!!OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS SOOOOOOO GOOD! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

I just got back and the net was on so I just had to jump on to say that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'll give a little more on HOW AMAZING it was probably 2morrow [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] With a SPOILER tag [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>

little excited there Kyls [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

did you get pics ?? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
<STRONG>
did you get pics ?? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]</STRONG>
She better [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] or I'll do a Charlie Angels on her [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:

little excited there Kyls [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
HELL YEAH!! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
did you get pics ?? [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]
Actually no [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Not one [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] We took the digital camera but my sister didn't think they'd turn out coz it was dark. But I'm [img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] myself for not just taking some anyway.

SPOILER

We left for Burswood Dome about 7pm...my dad was dropping us off (My mum, sister and I)...Traffic was soo busy near the dome..there was one car going thru every minute..I think because people were trying to get parking. Anyway coz we didn't have to park my dad dropped us off close enought then we just walked over. Heaps of people around the building of course..

We lined up at the entrance we had to go in by (A)...that didn't take long...THe place was so huge!! sooo many people everywhere!! then we had to go find our seats....we had some really good seats IMO...we were in the back section but it was the only section in the middle floor that was raised and the seats went up more each row...and we were right in the middle so the stage was right in the centre of our view [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The stage was huge and above the stage was a huge Plasma screen, then there was 2 on either side.

It started a bit late coz heaps of people were still coming in (traffic probably [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) All of a sudden people right down in front started to scream their heads off and we were all looking down the sides and we could see some ppl off to the side but you couldn't tell who it was. THen a couple minutes later the Idol theme music started to play and the crowd went nuts. The Idols were on stage and they sang 'Let Me Entertain You' but the screaming in the audience was so loud that you couldn't hear it that well [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Thankfully the rest of the songs you could hear heaps better [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Anyway they were running all around the stage to the other and really getting into the song. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

After that Dicko came on..introductions and all that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Next up was Matt (they went in order elimanation if you didn't already know). He sang his 2 songs...he looked reallllllly different coz of his hair. His second song was 'Angels' which was great but I think I preferred Millsy's version [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

After one Idol finshes..the next one comes on really quickly. There's really loud applause and screaming..the lights go down then it plays a clip introducing the person about to perform on the huge screen and then when the lights come on they're there on stage [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

So Peter was up next. I don't really like his songs but at the concert it was hard not to get into every single song [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Even ones I don't normally like [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
After that Dicko came on and him and Peter were talking about how Peter and Matt sort of switched songs they sang..now Peter was singing for ..what was it..the 3 G's? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] and then Peter was 'Yeah for the parents who had to pay and are now sitting there glancing at their watches every few minutes' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Up next..Cle. One of her songs was her own [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Then Lauren [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img](she dedicated to her fam) Ok...she was awsome...she was never one of my faves but she seemed so much more confident...and I loved her first song 'Fighter' [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Then Kelly came on...really got the crowd going with 'I'm just a girl' and then even more with 'Bring Me To Life' (By now I was really shaking my banner...yes I had a banner [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] more on that later tho [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )

Dicko came out and mentioned banners and that there would be a banner comp...which I already knew so my sister and I made one with glitter and all that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] At this point people in front of us actually turned around and were looking at my sign [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Bek was up next..did one of her own songs [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And Levi came out for a little part which was awsome [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] She dedicated 'Heading in the right direction' to all the single parents and said she knows how tough it is but if she can do it, anyone can [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

This is getting kinda long.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Levi was next. That was great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Then Millsy doing 'Harder to Breathe' he was getting SO MUCH applause [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] After he did his 2 songs Dicko came out and they chatted a little...Dicko mention 'Paris is quite inviting this time of year' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Next Paulini was doing 'Freeway of Love' and I (and heaps in the crowd) were doing the 'GO! GO! GO!' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Her other song was good too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Dicko came out after the song and they did the 'dress skit' Paulini grabbed his arm and goes 'I have a bone to pick with you. It's about that dress...'..a photo of Dicko in the dress from the mag came up on the huge screens [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] You can imagine the reaction [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] then she rips open his shirt and he's wearing the dress underneath ..mentions it was a stage he was going thru [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and they run off the stage..

Up next COSIMA (She got the loudest applause so far..cept for the first group song..) [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Her first song was one I don't think I've heard before 'Then you look at me' hitting all the high notes! Then she said she was going to sing a song from back when she became 'Unpredictable' and the got HEAPS of applause...she ripped off the dress to reveal another one. Predictable was amazing and at the end I was standing up and shaking my sign [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Shannon came on (huge applause) and sang a new song from his album [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Then one...which wasn't too familiar... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

GUY next...crowd was very loud...and he sang 'All I need is you' [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] then 'Climb Every Mountain' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Intermission was next for half an hour...I didn't even attempt to go to the food stalls or bathroom [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Our cousins were in the crowd but we didn't know where they were sitting and there was no way we would have found them [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

~ I'll come back with the rest [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited p&j =true luv ]
Old 02-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'll just sum up the rest [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Banner comp winner was announced (A Cosima banner one...fluro pink it was...said something like 'Cosima's a star' and Dicko had a little speech about her and it was all sweet [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(winner got to meet the idols btw)

THe group songs were amazing but went by quicker than the previous half.

Last song was the Aussie Medly from the finale (with Cosima this time) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Then everyone bowed..crowd going crazy..then it was finished [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

BEST PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT: Cosima and Shannon's Duet 'Still haven't found what I'm looking for' [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] That was just [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
'Paris is quite inviting this time of year'
bwahahaa...

sounds like you had an awesome time Kyls, my inner fangirl kinda wishes i coughed up the money for the tickets [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:35 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] After the concert I was like 'I wanna go again. Let's fly over to Adelaide and go again.' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

It was totally worth the $70...(even tho I payed $40 [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ) and if they had another one here..if I could get good seats I'd def. go again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just read that the idols have a day off here in Perth today...they're leaving tomorrow morning [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>

How can he go the 'fro when the 'fro's a no-show?

Say that 3 times fast.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:58 AM
Elite Fan

oh that reminds me...Dicko got the whole audience chanting 'GO-THE-FRO!GO-THE-FRO!'

sorry for all my capitals [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 04:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, wow, wow! Thank you so much for that Kylie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It sounds bloody awesome.
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 02-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CarlyM:
<STRONG>Wow, wow, wow! Thank you so much for that Kylie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] It sounds bloody awesome.</STRONG>
It really really was [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

cept now I really want to go again [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

At one point I saw a guy on stage with what looked like a camera pointed at the crowd...hmmm [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] It would be so good if they put it on tv [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
<STRONG>At one point I saw a guy on stage with what looked like a camera pointed at the crowd...hmmm [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] It would be so good if they put it on tv [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ohh! I hope that's true, esp. after reading your accounts of the tour! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Makes me wish I went now! Damn the Sydney dates being over..

Sob, I hope Maroon 5 don't find out pillsy sang one of their songs. They'd be horrified. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anywho, just finished watching AmerIdol.. Man, that was bloody lame. Simon's comments are boring and predictable, Randy's a wanker and Paula's just plain annoying (but I must admit, it was better when she returned)

One thing that sh:ts me is when after a person has finished singing Simon will look to Randy or Paula and make them comment. He'll say.."Okay.....Randy!" as though he's god and gets to choose who goes when..

I also hate it when they make the really crap singers sing their songs fully through. They keep them going and it probably makes the person think they're going well. If they suck, the judges should stop them. It'd save time and probably their sanity. (wha..I kidd, they're not sane, duh)

I liked the Asian guy who sang Lately (his dad was crying at the cameras) and LOVED when that guy in the suit was shot down by the judges (he was saying the judges let a superstar go) Ahh the icing on the cake was when he was sulking to the cameras with his dad (who was just as delusional as him) and then a guy comes out with one of those yellow sheets saying he was through which made him even more wounded. HAHA! (btw: I liked that guy who got through)

Everyone else sucked. This would be the first time in the history of Australian tv where I wish they'd edit portions of the show. I don't think we need to see every audition..I want to see when they cull the numbers down and really get into the competition.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Evie:

Ohh! I hope that's true, esp. after reading your accounts of the tour! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Makes me wish I went now! Damn the Sydney dates being over..
I would even buy a concert dvd if they released it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I could have gone on about the second half but I didn't want to babble on too much [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I have something to add about Guy (I'll post it in his thread) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Now ..American Idol...5 words...When's Australian Idol coming back? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 10:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] After the concert I was like 'I wanna go again. Let's fly over to Adelaide and go again.' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Girl you sure are dedicated!

And Oz Idol is coming back in August, for those of you wanting to know. Not a moment too soon either, i have decided that wherever the musical talent of America is hiding, it's not on Am Idol! I must say tho' isnt it interesting to note the cultural differences between the U.S and Oz? Like they are a very confident nation, every single contestant thinks they are the next American Idol and they are honestly shocked when they don't get in. I wonder what its like to be that deluded.

B4 i go I have to make special mention of the 'little person' girl, (I don't want to say dwarf, but you know who I mean) I thought she was adorable, loved her cute outfit and her attitude and yes, she was talented. I thought it was a bit patronising that Simon and Randy were sooo nice to her, but I def. think she deserved to get in, based on her singing talent. Hope she makes the final 10!
Old 02-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sarzy:
<STRONG>

B4 i go I have to make special mention of the 'little person' girl, (I don't want to say dwarf, but you know who I mean) I thought she was adorable, loved her cute outfit and her attitude and yes, she was talented. I thought it was a bit patronising that Simon and Randy were sooo nice to her, but I def. think she deserved to get in, based on her singing talent. Hope she makes the final 10!</STRONG>
she was great, i hope she does make it far, and it was nice to see someone who was a little more humble about themselves..

in general, i have always found Americans to be more confident, which isnt necessarily a bad thing, but sometimes people are just so delusional [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i dont think i can stand watching any more auditions, wake me up when it gets to the final 12 [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited - Jen - ]
Old 02-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Shannon's single debuted at number 1 [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]