Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Ozmerican Idol #11: Is 'Welcome to Hollywood' the new 'Touchdown?' Let's hope not....

The old thread was all done so I thought I'd start a new one! If ya'll want me to change the title then just say so, I'm not to keen on the current one so whatever you guys want is fine.

Carrying on from the last thread:

Guy's doin' the Asian thang,

Cossie's resting,

Shanny's touring,

Pillsy's wanking, [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Cle's cooking up drugs,

Levi's signing,

Bek's surprised,

Lauren's schooling,

Peter's pig farming,

Matt's dyeing,

and Paulini's thinking.

Discuss!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Pillsy's wanking
now there is an image i really dont want too see ::shudder::

I am completely mystified at how crap the American Idol Auditions are, even the people they have let through havnt impressed me, and all the bitching and whining by contestents, i cant remember the AusIdol auditions being this bad
Old 01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Well personally I think it is a load of garbage that American Idol is even airing here! it is just a ploy by Americans so that their artist can sell more records worldwode - plus have an even bigger fan base thatn Kelly Clarkson did WORLDWIDE so that when International Idol swings around America will win!

Australian Idol News
Shannon was on GMA this morning. I only caught the last few minutes of it. They had the original singer/songwriter "What About me" on over the phone...
I love Shannon!

OK I will discuss.... Lauren!
She really should've stayed in school and got a personality - anyone else agree that locking herself in her private home studio away from the world is not going to get her famous. The girl is boring. We know she can sing - we just want her to get a personality!
Old 01-28-2004, 08:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yay for the new thread, I like it sarzy! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Shannon was on GMA? Dammit! And my nan will be annoyed, she's been playing Shannon's single non-bloody-stop ever since she bought it on Tuesday! And she was a bit narky at the review in the paper today about it - It wasn't very nice to "her" Shannon [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Lauren does need to get a personality of some degree. I must have said this a million times, but I just can't stand that she can't seem to smile properly. It's like it kills her to keep it on her face for more than a second. Grr...
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 01-28-2004, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles:
<STRONG>Well personally I think it is a load of garbage that American Idol is even airing here!</STRONG>
I'm starting to agree [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] it's getting [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img] sorry guys

Shannon was on every station today too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

have to agree that Lauren needs to get a bit of a personality, she is so painfully shy..

Cle acting is, erm, interesting, i never really like her that much [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie bubbles:
<STRONG>Well personally I think it is a load of garbage that American Idol is even airing here! it is just a ploy by Americans so that their artist can sell more records worldwode - plus have an even bigger fan base thatn Kelly Clarkson did WORLDWIDE so that when International Idol swings around America will win!</STRONG>
I dunno that it's solely a shameless promotion for whoever ends up winning (though there's no doubt that it is [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]), it's also so that the whole Idol thing doesn't get put on the backburner here in Australia, so when AusIdol2 starts, people won't have forgotten about how much they loved watching it.

<STRONG>
Quote:
OK I will discuss.... Lauren!
She really should've stayed in school and got a personality - anyone else agree that locking herself in her private home studio away from the world is not going to get her famous. The girl is boring. We know she can sing - we just want her to get a personality!</STRONG>
Hell yes I agree! Well said, Bubbles. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I wish they'd play more of the good auditions on AI3. They flash headshots of all the people who got through from each city, but they don't actually show their performances!!!

Now I'm the first to admit that I relish a really crappy audition...the kind where they're so bad you can't even laugh, you just still there in stunned silence. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But there's only so much of those kinds of auditions you can see before it gets old, and those seem to be the only ones they're showing on AI3. I think it'd be far more interesting if they had some of the good auditions thrown into the mix.

Another reason I don't like it when they only show the bad ones, is that frankly Simon's comments bore me. He sits there looking like he's in pain during the performance, then there's a moment of silence, then he just says, "That was terrible." It's rare that he comes out with a really witty comment, and I must say I was expecting more from him.

Do the AI3 judges seem to laugh a hell of a lot more than our judges did? I know there were a few times where our judges totally lost it and nearly fell on the floor laughing, but I don't remember them laughing as much as the AI3 judges. Personally, I'd rather have someone straight out tell me I'm crap instead of enduring the humiliation of having them laugh during my performance. But I guess people who go on this show should know what they're getting themselves in for by now.

If I hear "Welcome to Hollywood!" one more time I swear I'm gonna scream!

I'll keep watching AI3, I just can't wait til the initial auditions are over so they can start getting down to the interesting stuff. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

gawd, dont get me started on the AI judges, seriously, they dont have anything constructive to say about anyone or anything, they are boring, least Dicko has done witty comments that made it slightly amusing to watch, Simon/Randy/Paula spend more time bickering amongst themselves than actually judging people..

and I have to agree Phee, that the "crap" auditions get a bit too much, i want to see the auditions of people who make it to the next round as well, not just their mug shot at the end of the ep [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Carly - I have listened to my single lots aswell. Shannon looked real cute on GMA. Koshie loves him!

Yeah I cant stand Cle! She belongs in acting - because even when she'd sing she would pull those ridiculous faces and it would really annoy me. I never liked her on Ship to Shore much either!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
<STRONG>gawd, dont get me started on the AI judges, seriously, they dont have anything constructive to say about anyone or anything, they are boring</STRONG>
And I thought our 2 male Judges were bad [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] boy...was I wrong
Old 01-29-2004, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -:
i cant remember the AusIdol auditions being this bad
They weren't [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

eh..Cle..I don't really like her singing ..or her attitude and now I don't like her even more for her comments on Cosima's withdrawal from the comp [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

yeah, it was Cle's attitude that got to me, she seemed really snobby [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2004, 01:45 AM
Elite Fan

Someone has put up some Cosima pics/clips [Edited: Also some Shannon and group pics] from the concert. Lemme know if you want the link and I'll PM it to you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2004: Message edited p&j =true luv ]
Old 01-29-2004, 02:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by p&j =true luv:
<STRONG>thanks for the new thread [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

They weren't [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

eh..Cle..I don't really like her singing ..or her attitude and now I don't like her even more for her comments on Cosima's withdrawal from the comp [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]</STRONG>
What has Cle said about Cosima Kyls?????
Old 01-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

Um...I'll just find it...

Quote:

CLE: "I've got nodules, everybody's got bloody nodules, I think she should have pulled out a little earlier, before Guy got annouced, or just toughed it"