Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2016, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Like we've been discussing, likely as many people as possible will be there, winners especially.

Updated schedule:

American Idol Schedule 2016 – Season 15
  • Wednesday January 6 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Denver and Atlanta Auditions
  • Thursday January 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – San Francisco and Little Rock Auditions
  • Wednesday January 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Philadelphia
  • Thursday January 14 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Denver and Little Rock
  • Wednesday January 20 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Philadelphia and San Francisco
  • Thursday January 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Atlanta, Philadelphia, San Francisco
  • Wednesday January 27 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Hollywood Week – First Solos
  • Thursday January 28 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Hollywood Week – Group Round
  • Wednesday February 3 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Hollywood Week – Second Solos
  • Thursday February 4 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Showcase Round & Final Judgement (Top 24 Revealed)
  • Wednesday February 10 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Semi-Final Round – Twelve of the Top 24 perform
  • Thursday February 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Semi-Final Round – “Fan Favorite” Idols return to mentor and sing with the Top 24. The judges vote on who will stay in the competition. FIVE contestants leave the competition.
  • Wednesday February 17 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Semi-Final Round – Twelve of the Top 24 perform
  • Thursday February 18 – (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Semi-Final Round – “Fan Favorite” Idols return to mentor and sing with the Top 24. The judges vote on who will stay in the competition. FIVE contestants leave the competition. The Top 14 are revealed.
  • Wednesday February 24 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Semi-Final Round – Judges choose most of the Top 10. Viewers vote in the rest based on Wildcard performances
  • Thursday February 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Wildcard choices revealed Top 10 perform for the first time. Viewers vote. Results revealed the following Thursday.
  • Thursday March 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – FINALS
  • Thursday March 10 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – FINALS
  • Thursday March 17 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – FINALS
  • Thursday March 24 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – FINALS
  • Thursday March 31 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – FINALS
  • Tuesday April 5 – (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Retrospective, including alums, judges, etc.
  • Wednesday April 6 – (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) – Final performances
  • Thursday April 7 – (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) – Finale

Semi-final round in red. More details here.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I am not looking forward to when the show is only on Thursday nights.

Margo
Old 02-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for the updated schedule.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 02-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome.

If you're interested to find out who the mentoring Idols will be, I posted them here.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

| ray
Old 02-02-2016, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I'll be missing at least part of this Thursday's show. I'm only playing in 3 pieces at the Flute Fair (Convention) on February 21st and she usually rehearses them first.

Margo
Old 02-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess this wasn't posted yet, from the official press release:

Quote:
On Thursday, Feb. 11 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), fan-favorite former IDOLs – Ruben Studdard, Fantasia, Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Caleb Johnson and Nick Fradiani – return to mentor and perform a duet with the 12 semi-finalists before the judges reveal which seven contestants will move forward in the competition and who will be going home.

The following night, Thursday, Feb. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), former IDOLs Constantine Maroulis, Chris Daughtry, Kellie Pickler, Jordin Sparks, David Cook and Haley Reinhart return to perform duets with the second group of semi-finalists before the judges reveal who is moving on in the competition and who will be sent home.

Source
MJ's says the second group will also mentor (and not just duet). Cool!

And of course this as we know:

Quote:
On the first LIVE show of the season, Thursday, Feb. 25 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), host Ryan Seacrest will reveal America’s vote and announce the final two joining the Top 10. For the first time, the Top 10 finalists will perform for America’s vote. Also, original IDOL Kelly Clarkson will return to guest judge and perform.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for bringing those over! They're stacking so many in one episode

| ray
Old 02-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! I know right? So many Idols coming back! Obviously I'm very happy about DCook, he did such a great job at mentoring a couple of years ago. Another one I'm really looking forward to is Haley. I'm sure they will all do great!
Old 02-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Looking forward to so many of them!

Margo
Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the schedules and information. So exciting how many former Idols are returning!
I'm a little nervous about the judges choosing most of the Top 10 though lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah - I don't think it's right for the judges to choose the Top-10. Maybe they will all be on the tour this year!

Margo
Old 02-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome! And yeah, I think they should start letting the audience decide sooner than that.

=====

Thought I'd bring this over, a few thoughts from some of the Idols who were mentoring and dueting last night:

Quote:
'American Idol' Alums Jordin Sparks, Chris Daughtry & More on Coming Home to Duet With Season 15 Singers

2/18/2016 by Fred Bronson

David Cook, Kellie Pickler, Haley Reinhart & Constantine Maroulis also return for Thursday's show.

The producers of American Idol promised that the final chapter of the long-running series would honor the show's history. While it's still early in the current season, they are already keeping that pledge, bringing back 12 Idols from years past to duet with contestants from season 15. On Thursday night (Feb. 19), Idols from seasons 4 (Constantine Maroulis), 5 (Chris Daughtry, Kellie Pickler), 6 (Jordin Sparks), 7 (David Cook) and 10 (Haley Reinhart) will mentor and sing with 12 of the finalists from the top 24.

These six former competitors weren't just lending their support to this year's group; they were also returning to a familiar place and experiencing déjà vu by interacting with production staff they knew from their time on the Fox series. Billboard spent a couple of days with the previous Idols to ask about their experience of coming home.

"We had mentors come through on my season and I asked a lot of the same questions this year's contestants are asking," says Cook. "I remember Fantasia and Kellie Pickler coming back during our season. It was great getting to pick their brains. We had Annie Lennox come through and Neil Diamond. Then we got more into questions about performing and interpreting songs."

Cook will duet with Olivia Rox and CJ Johnson on Thursday's episode. "The advice I've given them is that you can't control how people are going to perceive you or how they're going to vote. But you can control how good a performance you put on. You can communicate and connect with the people at home. Make sure you're interpreting the song in an authentic way. It's easy to get in 'concert mode' where you connect with the people in the room. So when you go through camera blocking, make sure that you find those moments in the song where you can connect with the people at home. Olivia and CJ are really receptive, so hopefully I'm steering them in the right direction. I'm really looking forward to giving them a chance to shine so they can [remain on the show]. From the interaction I've had with them, it seems they're worthy of sticking around."

"It's an honor to be back," Pickler tells Billboard. "I've been able to work with two brilliant girls, Amelia [Eisenhauer] and Tristan [McIntosh]. Amelia is 16 and Tristan is 15. I could not imagine doing something like this at their ages. But they're so wonderful, they're pros and they've got this. They are a pleasure and a joy to work with."

Because Eisenhauer and McIntosh are minors, they must have a parent or guardian with them, so Pickler also got to know their mothers. "One of the most incredible things I was able to witness while I was here working with Amelia and Tristan is the love they have in their families. To have that sanctuary, foundation and support is so beautiful. I know what it's like to be up there on that stage. It's scary! It's hard. But they were born for this."

"Coming back 10 years later, in the last season, to the show that is responsible for people knowing who I am -- it's an honor that they would ask me to pass along any advice I have for the contestants," says Daughtry, who is enjoying working with his two contestants. "Lee [Jean] and Dalton [Rapattoni] are pretty seasoned. They seem like they've been on a stage before." Daughtry confided to Billboard that he's happy to be mentoring at this point in his career as opposed to five years ago. "I've been learning this whole time how to perform and trying to figure it out myself. I don't think I would have had the confidence or the knowledge that I have now. I feel like I have a lot more to offer them."

For Sparks, mentoring wasn't about critiquing the voices of Manny Torres and Trent Harmon. "They sing amazingly well," she professes. "But we can tweak how they are conveying emotion or how long they hold a note or if they are holding back."

Sparks experienced a "full-circle moment" because Torres and Harmon are both performing songs she is associated with: her hit single "No Air" for the former and the Bee Gees' song "To Love Somebody" that she performed on top four week with the latter.

"It's crazy to be dissecting things that I did," adds Sparks. "Now I have to tell somebody else how I looked at it and ask them what it means to them. That's why music is so amazing, because the experience is so different. You're listening to the same song but the person sitting next to you is having a completely different experience than you are."

There was another reason that returning to Idol meant something very special to Sparks. The winner of season six was turned away when she first auditioned at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. Undaunted, she won a local Idol competition sponsored by the Fox affiliate in her hometown of Phoenix, which entitled her to skip the line at the next scheduled audition.

She was flown to Seattle and early in the morning was among the very first hopefuls to stand in front of a producer. Norm Betts asked her to sing four different songs and then told her, "I don't normally do this and it's really early, but you're in." Sparks was the first to advance that day and with Betts back at Idol this season, she was able to express her thanks in person once again. "Every time I see Norm I tell him, 'I thank God for you every day.'"

Source
Old 02-19-2016, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for posting the article. I just loved seeing Haley and Constantine again!

Margo
Old 02-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the article. Nice to read the thoughts of the Idol alums on returning to Idol and mentoring. Loved seeing Chris D., David C., Jordin, Kellie and Haley back on the Idol stage! I didn't see Constatine's season but really liked seeing him mentor and perform too!

Last edited by sarah598; 02-20-2016 at 10:05 AM