Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

News & Rumors #4: Auditions, tour, award shows... What's going on in the world of Idol?

Continue with the news!

Previous thread

---

Jessica Sanchez confirmed on twitter that she has been signed:

Quote:
@JSanchezAI11 are you signed yet??!!
19:56 - 26 Jun 12 via web
Quote:
@AshleeeVictoria Yup. Interscope
19:57 - 26 Jun 12 via Twitter for Android
Quote:
At the stuuuuudio recording some amazing tracks for the upcoming album <3
7:35 - 27 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPad
The official press release is yet to be released (apparently Phillip's must be released first). Congrats Jessica!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Yay Jessica! Glad to hear she is working on songs for her album. She sure is busy with working on her album, the upcoming Idol tour, Glee and earlier this month she performed the national anthem at some big sporting events.

Has anybody heard anything about whether Jennifer Lopez will be leaving Idol yet?
Old 06-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, I heard it. Cheryl Cole is picked to take her place.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't heard about any decisions On Jennifer. Jonathan, where did you get that about Cheryl Cole? I think that was just a rumor.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
I haven't heard about any decisions On Jennifer. Jonathan, where did you get that about Cheryl Cole? I think that was just a rumor.
Here, from a news released about a month ago. Jennifer seemed to avoid a direct answer and Cheryl denied to replace her either, but nothing is for sure yet.

Jennifer Lopez Likely To Quit American Idol, Cheryl Cole On Alert | Jennifer Lopez News | Contactmusic

And Rihanna wants Cheryl to replace her too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...ican-Idol.html
Old 06-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

TFTNT Laura

And yeah those speculations came out at several points in time but nothing has been confirmed yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things will go with that.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Have the auditions for new season begin at Charlotte and other cities? If she quitted, the participants should've immediately found out that the lady sitting in the middle is replaced with another one.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem, Ray. Yeah, I think nothing's been confirmed yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Quote:
Have the auditions for new season begin at Charlotte and other cities? If she quitted, the participants should've immediately found out that the lady sitting in the middle is replaced with another one.
The auditions have started but the participants won't face the judges yet, that happens later (they actually go through several auditions with the producers before they get in front of the camera = what we see on TV).
Old 06-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
The auditions have started but the participants won't face the judges yet, that happens later (they actually go through several auditions with the producers before they get in front of the camera = what we see on TV).
So the laughing stocks who, dressed in funny costumes with no singing talents, are there for pure entertainment? And the green girls who share a big crash on Steven? And the big dreamers with sobbing backstories? And all of these the judges have already known? They made the whole thing up? OMG you gotta be kidding me ...
Old 06-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Whether or not you're being sarcastic, the answer is basically yes. Well, the producers have hand-picked the laughing stocks etc., the judges probably see them for first time then.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:49 AM
Elite Fan

Anyway, I just take that as Idol's unique feature. At least X Factor's audition with thousands of audience and The Voice's blind audition are much better and fairer. No one would like to make embarrassment in front of so many people.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Here, from a news released about a month ago. Jennifer seemed to avoid a direct answer and Cheryl denied to replace her either, but nothing is for sure yet.

Jennifer Lopez Likely To Quit American Idol, Cheryl Cole On Alert | Jennifer Lopez News | Contactmusic

And Rihanna wants Cheryl to replace her too:

Rihanna wants to see Cheryl Cole replace Jennifer Lopez on American Idol | Mail Online
Yeah, I had heard about the rumors, I was just wondering if there had been any confirmation yet.

Quote:
Anyway, I just take that as Idol's unique feature. At least X Factor's audition with thousands of audience and The Voice's blind audition are much better and fairer. No one would like to make embarrassment in front of so many people.
Some of these people that audition for Idol have to know they're not that good and they just want to try and get their few minutes of fame on tv. The more outrageously bad their auditions are, the better chance they have at getting on tv for a few seconds.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:57 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah, those auditions are just there for the "entertainment" factor.

------------------------------

Misc Idol News:

Jessica Sanchez got signed to Jimmy Iovine's Interscope:
'American Idol' Runner-up Jessica Sanchez Finds a Label as Kellie Pickler Is Dropped From Hers - Hollywood Reporter

And Casey Abraham's self-titled debut album was released on June 26. Here's a Track-by-Track:
'American Idol's' Casey Abrams' Debut Album: Track-By-Track (Exclusive) - Hollywood Reporter

| ray
Old 07-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

^ ^ Thanks for the links. Great news for Jessica, but not such good news for Kellie Pickler with her being dropped from her label.

Kelly Clarkson's Stonger is now the best selling Idol single of all time, passing Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats. Congrats Kelly!

Kelly Clarkson's 'Stronger' Becomes Best-Selling Single by an American Idol | Billboard.com
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for that. That's great for Kelly!

| ray