Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

hope she gets a makeover, I would love for her hair to look diferent
Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Extreme Fan

just read in yahoo that Crystal is gonna get married, I'm so happy for her

The "American Idol" Season 9 runner-up is engaged to musician Brian Walker
Crystal and Brian reportedly plan to walk down the aisle next month.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

She got married on the 10th!

Crystal Bowersox’s Wedding Dress and Ring Details Revealed – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com

Quote:
When Crystal Bowersox announced her engagement to fellow musician and longtime friend Brian Walker last month, she promised to be anything but the typical bridezilla — and from her unique earth-friendly dress to her diamond-free wedding ring, the season 9 American Idol runner-up seems to have stayed true to her word. The bride wore an organic, hemp and cotton wedding gown from Vermont designer Tara Lynn to exchange her vows on Sunday at the Chicago café where she first met Walker six years ago, saying ‘I do’ with a 1.1-carat princess cut ruby ring designed by Walker and crafted by Chicago’s Traci Coughlin and Steve Quick Jewelers. “There are no diamonds to be found as we don’t believe in the violence and injustice that occurs within the diamond trade industry,” Bowersox tells PEOPLE. “Both rings feature the masonry symbol, an infinity 8, and the Sanskrit symbol for the sound ‘om’ and a personal design that for us represents three: Brian, Crystal, and Tony.” As for her one of a kind wedding dress? “The gown is a simple princess line with an open back; a machine-knit hemp twine strap crisscrosses in back,” says designer, Tara Lynn. And new bride Bowersox couldn’t have been more pleased with the results. “I gave Tara Lynn the base ideas of what I wanted, and in three weeks, she created a beautiful gown made of hemp and cotton, with a handmade macramé and bead sunflower design on the front,” Crystal tells PEOPLE. “The train of the dress is a handmade design of hemp twine, sea shells, and beads, some of which came from pieces of sentimental jewelry.” Read more details on Crystal’s intimate Chicago wedding in the current issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday. –Gillian Koenig; reporting by Marisa Laudadio
Old 10-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

she looks so happy
Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Loyal Fan

they look good together!
Old 10-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

IA
Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the shells in her hair and on her dress They look adorable and I love that they're for real putting their names together
Visit DCook & AI
Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

From Crystals Twitter account -

Quote:
@Ronda73 " farmers daughter" album... not single... will be born on December 14th. Almost finished.
Guess that's what it's called! I wonder when we'll get to hear the single.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:56 AM
Extreme Fan

waiting for Crystals album
Old 11-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Here's her album cover!

Thoughts?

Listen to a Stream of “Hold On”, “Farmer’s Daughter” and “Lonely Won’t Come Around” by Crystal Bowersox | mjsbigblog

Crystal Bowersox To Make Acting Debut On ABC Series - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

Quote:
Maybe she'll fare better than Kelly Clarkson and Justin Guarini. "American Idol" season-nine runner-up Crystal Bowersox is trying her hand at acting with a guest spot on ABC's soon-to-premiere medical drama "Body of Proof."

The singer/songwriter told The Philadelphia Inquirer she'll play an accused murderer on the new series.

"This is my first professional acting gig, other than the music videos we did on 'American Idol,' " the 25-year-old said. " 'Body of Proof' contacted me. They thought I'd be good for the role. Turns out, they think I can act as well. I'm happy for that."

Bowersox, who recently married musician Brian Walker, made an interesting discovery when she was given the script. "I laughed hysterically when I heard that the character I'm accused of murdering is named Brynn Walker. My husband is Brian Walker. He didn't find it as funny as I did."

The Ohio native will play Zoe Reese, a woman winds up in jail after beating her drug dealer "to a bloody pulp." The singer recently traveled to Providence, Rhode Island, to shoot her "Body of Proof" scenes, and the show is tentatively set to premiere in March, with Bowersox's episode scheduled for April or May.

While Mamasox's debut album, Farmer's Daughter, comes out in just a few weeks, the "Idol" alum explained that she always had acting aspirations growing up but decided to focus on music after her drama teacher said "some rude things" to her.

Sam Humphrey, the writer of the episode, told the newspaper it was Bowersox's not-so-traditional "Idol" appeal that initially sparked her interest. "What about Crystal Bowersox?" she recalled asking. "Maybe we could reach out to her. She's a songwriter, and it seems like she has an old soul."
Crystal Bowersox Goes Her Own Way On Farmer's Daughter - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV

Quote:
As you might expect, Crystal Bowersox is doing things her own way on her upcoming debut album, Farmer's Daughter. The 12-track disc from the season-nine "American Idol" second-place finisher, due out December 14, is a mix of country grit and blues growl. And unlike previous "Idol" runner-up debuts (or winner debuts for that matter), most of the songs were written by Bowersox, with two pre-dating her time on "Idol."

The disc opens with the pedal-steel rocking, high-stepping country jam "Ridin' With the Radio," penned by Bowersox; her new husband, Brian Walker, provides background vocals. The party tune about hitting the road and belting out tunes however you like is followed by a cover of the legendary Buffalo Springfield anti-war anthem "For What It's Worth," which is given an update with a drum machine-like rhythm, a countrified dobro solo and Bowersox's patented sassy blues mama growl.

In a break with the typical "American Idol" debut LP template, the disc features a few tunes Bowersox wrote during her pre-"Idol" days. While season-nine winner Lee DeWyze released two indie albums before his just-released debut, Live It Up, dropped, he didn't include any of those tunes on his major-label bow, on which he co-wrote all 11 songs with veteran songwriters.

The pre-"AI" tracks on Bowersox's album include the rousing hometown radio hit homage "Holy Toledo" and the emotional title track. The latter, reminiscent of the early work of Melissa Etheridge, tells the tale of a rough-and-tumble upbringing.

"All I ever needed was you to be here for me," she sings. "This time is the last time you're going to see us around/ This was the last chance to prove you wouldn't let me down/ So go on, get gone and get away from here," she adds, her voice rising with feeling as she bids farewell to an abusive parent whose trust has been lost.

In addition to playing guitar on all of the album's tracks, Bowersox shares a few writing credits on songs such as the super poppy "Lonely Won't Come Around," which she penned with Ryan Harris and Alexandra Tamposi, and the touching country duet "Mason," written with husband Walker. The first single, "Hold On," is the only original she doesn't have a writing credit on. The big-sounding pop song about the pressures of navigating fame without your love by your side was penned by former "Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger.

The other tunes on the disc include the blues shuffle "On the Run," the barroom rocker "Kiss Ya," the ballads "Speak Now" and "Mine All Mine" and hushed album closer "Arlene," which features a touch of home, courtesy of Bowersox's old bandmate and pal Frankie May, who plays bass on the track.

Last edited by ღMitra; 11-20-2010 at 02:36 AM
Old 12-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Extreme Fan

here are more news on Crystal:
Bowersox will kick off release week with a slew of high profile television appearances starting with Friday's performance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Live with Regis & Kelly December 13th, The Ellen DeGeneres Show December 16th and Chelsea Lately on December 22. While in New York, Bowersox will be a part of CitySights NY holiday initiative, donating much needed gifts to children in need. Bowersox will take part in the joy of handing out toys and singing songs from her new album including a holiday classic or two.
Old 05-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Since there isn't a thread for Casey, I'll post this here.

I love when the Idols collaborate. Great performance!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for posting it! I especially love random collaborations

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 05-14-2015, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No problem! I love them too and especially from different seasons.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:56 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

"That was awesome. That was seriously awesome."

Casey is right

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray