Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2015, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Congrats Laura!

The OP is so lovely, Ray, thanks for putting it together. I'm loving everyone's words and I'm going to have to watch those videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Jas - aw, you are too sweet! Thank you for the kind words, I love modding with you and am so proud of how we've taken care of our little board all these years! It was a lucky moment when you started posting on the board and I couldn't imagine it without you. Additionally, you are such a sweet person and a great friend, and I hope we can keep posting about David's music etc. for many years to come!
I mean every word of it, I'm glad we can be a team together! Thanks for your kind words back, let's keep rocking it.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks Jas Your and everyone's testimonials are what made it special

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 06-21-2015, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken melody (View Post)
Aw I feel exactly the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Half of the increase in your profile views are probably me constantly refreshing your profile page for three days waiting for that 200k I think you had about 30 or so posts left when I started doing that ... and I ended up changing that last date on the timeline three times
I seriously thought I was being stalked or something because the number went up by more than 100 in one day or so. Aw, hope it wasn't too much hassle to change the date, I know I got to 200k pretty slowly.

Quote:
Aw glad you like it so much and that you like all the little "Laura" things in there I tried to incorporate as much of your experience as I could although there's a gap between 2001 and 2008 and all I knew about that is that you used to post with Lindsay on the Elijah and LOTR boards, hence all I have from it in the OP is the picture I put with Lindsay's testimonial xD Anyway, congrats again on such a great milestone, I love that you enjoy FanForum so much and are still so dedicated to it, to your boards and to helping out other boards even after all this time on the site... almost 14 years is another impressive number!
I do! All the David and Idol stuff, music and concerts, Converse, Scorpion, Julia & Barbie , the family tree that almost fits mine and those quotes are perfect. xD And the timeline is amazing, I especially love "Laura is Cookified." Between 2001 and 2008 I actually posted on the now closed Hayden Christensen board. Aw, thanks so much, it's people like you who make FanForum such a great place to be.

Quote:
I'm so glad we got to know eachother over the years and I hope we stay friends for many more. I enjoy all the OT'ness and always look forward to it, whether about the good or the bad that happens in our RL. The complaining about work is a two-way thing, that was actually one of the things I had in mind when I mentioned us being similar, the fact that both our jobs keep giving us a hard time But it was always a good release to be able to talk about all the frustrations of the job with you so thank you for that And yes being in the same timezone even while living in different countries has been a great advantage, I am barely around when my other co-mods are usually online and posting, because 4and5am is not a very good time for posting sprees with them xD
Aw, I feel exactly the same! And being able to vent about work and other stressful things has actually meant so much to me and helped to cope with it so thank you for that too. And being in the same timezone definitely helps with posting sprees. xD

Quote:
Love the Chandler/Joey and Kradam hugs! Two of my absolute favourite bromances
They are both awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris (View Post)
Congratulations Laura on this amazing milestone!

Wonderful and interesting OP. Kudos to the people who contributed to that.
Thanks Chris! And I agree about the OP, I am so impressed by the creativity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargoK (View Post)
Congrats, Laura. I didn't really that was your name (Cereal Killer).
Thanks Margo! Oh really? I thought I introduced myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna L. Crawford (View Post)
Congrats to you, Laura.
Thanks Donna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Spirit (View Post)
Congrats Laura!

The OP is so lovely, Ray, thanks for putting it together. I'm loving everyone's words and I'm going to have to watch those videos.

I mean every word of it, I'm glad we can be a team together! Thanks for your kind words back, let's keep rocking it.
Thanks dear!

I totally agree with you about the OP, Ray did an amazing job with it! And so did everyone who comtributed, I am really touched by it! I love watching those videos too!

I'm glad we're a team too! We'll definitely keep rocking!

Quote:
Your and everyone's testimonials are what made it special
The testimonials are amazing. :')
Old 06-22-2015, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thanks Jas Your and everyone's testimonials are what made it special
The words are just lovely.

Quote:
Thanks dear!

I totally agree with you about the OP, Ray did an amazing job with it! And so did everyone who comtributed, I am really touched by it! I love watching those videos too!

I'm glad we're a team too! We'll definitely keep rocking!
She really did. The timeline is a nice touch and I also loved seeing the converse shoes in the OP.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:55 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I had to to put them in there Thanks to both of you for the OP comments

Quote:
I seriously thought I was being stalked or something because the number went up by more than 100 in one day or so. Aw, hope it wasn't too much hassle to change the date, I know I got to 200k pretty slowly.
Understandable that you'd feel like that about your profile views And no worries, I actually did the same when I got to 100k so I get it

Quote:
I do! All the David and Idol stuff, music and concerts, Converse, Scorpion, Julia & Barbie , the family tree that almost fits mine and those quotes are perfect. xD And the timeline is amazing, I especially love "Laura is Cookified." Between 2001 and 2008 I actually posted on the now closed Hayden Christensen board. Aw, thanks so much, it's people like you who make FanForum such a great place to be.
Oh cool, nice to know something new about your pre-David_Cook phase About Cookified, I remember you used the Cookified Since 2008 a few times as a Custom Title and in your sig and such (and now our custom title) so I thought it was only fitting xD And same to you

Quote:
Aw, I feel exactly the same! And being able to vent about work and other stressful things has actually meant so much to me and helped to cope with it so thank you for that too. And being in the same timezone definitely helps with posting sprees. xD
Glad to hear it And yes Sunday posting sprees ftw xD

| ray
Old 06-27-2015, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
She really did. The timeline is a nice touch and I also loved seeing the converse shoes in the OP.

I love the timeline so much. And the Converse shoes too, so perfect.

Quote:
I love that you did it. Thank you for your amazing work!

Quote:
Understandable that you'd feel like that about your profile views And no worries, I actually did the same when I got to 100k so I get it
At the same time I loved seeing them go up too. xD Yeah, you gotta wait for that perfrct moment.

Quote:
Oh cool, nice to know something new about your pre-David_Cook phase About Cookified, I remember you used the Cookified Since 2008 a few times as a Custom Title and in your sig and such (and now our custom title) so I thought it was only fitting xD And same to you
Actually I posted there in 2005-2008, not sure what I did between 2001 and 2005. xD Yeah, I've had that as a custom title twice, it's really fitting since it's a fact. xD Aw, thanks.

Quote:
Glad to hear it And yes Sunday posting sprees ftw xD
And we need to do a spree or two this weekend too.

I also want to mention that I love the Adam lyrics in the title.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:07 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
I love that you did it. Thank you for your amazing work!
Was happy to do it

Quote:
At the same time I loved seeing them go up too. xD Yeah, you gotta wait for that perfrct moment.
Understandable xD Exactly and find the right place. I drove my co-mod crazy because it took me a while

Quote:
Actually I posted there in 2005-2008, not sure what I did between 2001 and 2005. xD Yeah, I've had that as a custom title twice, it's really fitting since it's a fact. xD Aw, thanks.
Laura's Lost Years ... that would have looked interesting on the timeline And yeah thought too xD

Quote:
And we need to do a spree or two this weekend too.
We kind of did, as usual I have some other online/PS stuff I was working on too so I didn't get the chance to spree properly xD

Quote:
I also want to mention that I love the Adam lyrics in the title.
Glad to hear it, felt they were fitting xD

| ray
Old 07-02-2015, 05:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Quote:
I love the timeline so much. And the Converse shoes too, so perfect.

I just love your love of the converse for some reason.

Who is the couple in the OP art in the upper left hand side?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I love it too (And my favourite Idol, Lee DeWyze, also has the same love for Converse so it makes me love it even more )

The couple are Julia and Barbie (Jarbie) from Under The Dome

| ray
Old 07-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Understandable xD Exactly and find the right place. I drove my co-mod crazy because it took me a while
Exactly, you can't just do it anywhere. xD

Quote:
Laura's Lost Years ... that would have looked interesting on the timeline And yeah thought too xD
That would have been awesome.

Quote:
We kind of did, as usual I have some other online/PS stuff I was working on too so I didn't get the chance to spree properly xD
I totally get that, no worries.

Quote:
Glad to hear it, felt they were fitting xD
They are.

Quote:
I just love your love of the converse for some reason.

Who is the couple in the OP art in the upper left hand side?
Haha, I love that you love it. xD I don't know what it is about them that makes me love them so much but I am obsessed.

Ray already answered that, I just love them. Which is funny because I don't ship a whole lot these days.

Quote:
I love it too (And my favourite Idol, Lee DeWyze, also has the same love for Converse so it makes me love it even more )
Awesome. And that makes Lee cool in my books. Also DCook is known to have worn Converse from time to time.

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone once more, this whole thread has been so amazing and I'm sure I'll come back to it whenever I need something to cheer me up. Thanks guys!
Old 07-05-2015, 08:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I'll be posting here a lot because the Idolforums are totally dead now that the show is over.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Ray already answered that, I just love them. Which is funny because I don't ship a whole lot these days.

Pretty much why I did include them, I hadn't seen you use a "couple" icon before that and haven't seen you use one since so I thought they must be 'special' in your case

Oh and btw, did you figure out why the "slow and steady" bit is in there? xD

Quote:
Awesome. And that makes Lee cool in my books. Also DCook is known to have worn Converse from time to time.

Awesome for both

Quote:
I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone once more, this whole thread has been so amazing and I'm sure I'll come back to it whenever I need something to cheer me up. Thanks guys!

| ray
Old 07-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Pretty much why I did include them, I hadn't seen you use a "couple" icon before that and haven't seen you use one since so I thought they must be 'special' in your case
Yeah, I don't even remember the previous time I used a couple icon before Barbie and Julia.

Quote:
Oh and btw, did you figure out why the "slow and steady" bit is in there? xD
No. I bet it's something really obvious and it'll be so embarrassing when you let me know. xD

Quote:

Awesome for both
Definitely.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:09 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

If you ever did, it was probably before my time on the AI board xD

It's actually not so it's totally understandable It was kind of a random find, I was randomly checking Hot Seat threads on DCook and one time Jas (I think) asked what song would you say describes your life and "Slow and Steady" was your answer so I looked for something that relates to that

| ray
Old 07-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Probably.

Oh I remember that! Good catch and a very fitting quote.

Btw, I love that you tagged this thread with 'David Cook'. xD