Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That's an .. interesting hair style

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

It is

The Idol tour was in Florida the 19th and 20th with an off day today. Looks like the Idols went to Disney World and Candice was there too

Quote:
Jess Meuse @JessMeuse · 4h

With the gorgeous @candaceglover today! #idoltour #idolfamily #muses #musemafia @ Disney's Hollywood… Instagram

Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that sounds like fun! Gorgeous picture with Candice and I love that Jess dressed for the Disney visit

| ray
Old 07-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

I love that we got a pic of Jess and Candice together Jess was ready for the day at Disney World

Here's a Jess/C.J. interview from AL.com. I only put the Jess parts below Full article at Alabama singers Jessica Meuse, C.J. Harris talk about pros, cons of 2014 'American Idol' tour | AL.com

Quote:
Alabama singers Jessica Meuse, C.J. Harris talk about pros, cons of 2014 'American Idol' tour

Q: Is being on the "American Idol" tour what you expected?
Meuse: It's a lot more fun than what I expected, and not as exhausting as I expected. Meeting my fans is better than I ever thought it would be. It's cool signing autographs. It's nice to put a face to the name of these people you've met online. I'm traveling, doing what I love and meeting people who made me what I am.

Q: Some fans have been disappointed there's no live band on the tour. What's it like performing to recorded tracks?
Meuse: I just try to focus on my timing, and try to play as well as I can. A track is so set, there's not a lot you can do with it. I started out with karaoke, and it's almost the same concept. All I was told was that they cut the budget.

Q: Jess, everyone seemed to love your original song "Blue-Eyed Lie" when you performed it on the TV show. But it's not on the setlist for the tour. What happened?
Meuse: Unfortunately, I didn't get to choose the songs I perform on the tour. I didn't get assigned that song. But I'm happy with the hand I've been dealt. I'm blessed to be here at all.

Q: You guys are performing "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line now, with Jess picking up the part Dexter Roberts had before he left the tour. Tell us about that.
Meuse: I just had to learn it really fast. The day after he left, I was told, "We want you to learn it." It's really a fun song, and another chance to get my face out there.

Q: Have you been doing any songwriting during your spare time?
Meuse: It's very hard to find time for songwriting. I have written a lot of lyrics, and when I get home, I'll be using the lyrics I've written.

Q: You've been playing to crowds all over the country. What are your thoughts about the tour coming to Birmingham?
Meuse: It's going to be the best show on the tour for me. So many people from Alabama will be there. It's a blessing to go home. It's probably going to be one of the best days of my life.

Q: Do you feel famous?
Meuse: I don't know. I kind of feel like famous is a state of mind. I'm just doing what I love. More people know me, and I have a platform. I pray that I don't become an egotistical freak. I'm not on a Justin Bieber level.

Q: Can you tell us anything about offers you've received for future projects? Any opportunities coming your way?
Meuse: Right now, we're not allowed to do any of that. We're under contract, so we won't know about any of that until after the tour.

Q: During exit interviews for "Idol," all the Alabama contestants talked about moving to Nashville. Is that still the plan?
Meuse: I still really would like to go toward Nashville. It's a great place for writing. Music City is where I need to be.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks for posting that interview! She pretty much confirmed what we already knew about the budget and her not singing BEL which is a shame. I love that she's having a blast and I really hope she gets to keep doing what she loves after the tour. LOL at the Justin Bieber dig.

| ray
Old 08-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Extreme Fan

No problem! Yeah, it was good to read her thoughts on the tour not having the live band and not performing BEL. I hope she gets to keep doing what she loves too. Idol's definitely not as big of a platform as it used to be but it did get her name out there a little.

Tweet from Jess. Kinda cool!

Old 08-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah exactly

Aw that's really cool! Hope some of them make it on the air.

| ray
Old 08-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Hope so too I'm not sure the producers would allow that to happen though since it's a Jess song

The Idols had an off day in Indiana today and went to see Phillip perform at the state fair:

Quote:
Jess Meuse @JessMeuse · 4h

Got to hang with @phillips at the Indiana State Fair today!! #muses #musemafia Instagram

Great pic of Jess and Phillip!
Old 08-10-2014, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

One by one I'm gonna catch up on these S13 threads. xD

Thanks for all the stuff you guys have been posting! I love the pics, especially the ones with Candice and Phillip, always nice to see fellow Idols together. And I love her outfits!

Great videos too and also thanks for sharing that Reverbnation link, loved listening to her original songs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
I remember Harry giving Jess good feedback after Somebody To Love and Jolene. I think this was after he told her to practice dancing in her room the week before
This is really late but yes, I think I was talking about these performances.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Awesome

I love that they went to see Phillip's show! And awesome picture with him Love her jacket in that pic.

| ray
Old 08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love the jacket too. I want one.

I also meant to say that that's pretty awesome people have been singing Blue-Eyed Lie at the AI auditions!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Me too And yeah it's an awesome song, glad to see it being appreciated by the fans!

| ray
Old 08-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It is a really great song, I just listened to it at the Reverbnation link.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Oh cool

| ray
Old 08-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Her other songs are good too.