Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry about the double post, I just wanted to post these two great recent performances by Haley:

Her voice is amazing.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I watched the first video a while ago and it was a great performance Cute interaction with the crows at first too.

It seems she will not be signed to Interscope anymore. Typical label business Haley Reinhart, Interscope Part Ways - Hollywood Reporter

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 12-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, she's gotten pretty good at the crowd interaction. She's just lovely.

And I read about the label stuff. I don't really know what's going on with these labels. I thought Interscope would be more patient and interested in artist development but I guess not.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Extreme Fan

That's sad that Haley's label is doing that to her. I guess they thought she wasn't selling enough copies of her album for them.

She sounds really good in those posted performances. I hope she keeps performing/touring, people need to hear her sing.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's always like this with the labels. If the Idol doesn't sell huge amounts of their first album, it's bye bye to them immediately. Well, whose fault is it it didn't sell? Who decides on everything about the album, from the first single to the promotion and everything in between? The label. I've said it before and I'll say it again, these labels are only interested in making a quick buck, they don't care about a long term artist development.

I hope Haley gets signed by an independent (jazz) label. She is too talented not to be a professional performer. Her voice needs to be heard.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope she gets signed by a different label too. She may not ever sell millions of albums but I think she will still have a following of fans that love her voice.

Yeah, the labels only seem to care about making money. But I'm not sure if we'll ever see more current non-winning Idol contestants selling a lot of records anymore like, say Clay Aiken, Daughtry, Adam Lambert or even Kellie Pickler have done in the past. There are too many talent shows on now and winning Idol or being in the top 12 just doesn't seem to be as special as it once was.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, she'll probably never be a huge mainstream star but she can definitely have a great career with a nice following in her chosen genre if she just gets a label that understand her uniqueness.

You make a good point, the music industry and the selection of reality talent shows have changed. Although Phillip seems to be doing quite nicely right now. But I think the labels need to adjust their expectations accordingly. They should see these shows as an opportunity to find hidden true talent, not just the next huge thing that will sell millions by doing some gimmicks (why, I will never understand ).

---

A recent-ish performance of Oh My and a short interview after it (it's the whole episode of the show but Haley's up first):

Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, she could still have a solid career singing with a loyal following of fans Hopefully she will get a signed by someone.

Phillip is doing great; I was really just referring to non-winning Idols. They really seem to just stop supporting some of these contestants way too soon. I think they just dump them as soon as they feel their peak selling period has passed. It's a shame.

But anyway, thanks for the video! I really liked the performance, Oh My has such a throwback sound to it. Hailey's celebrity crush is James Franco, cute
Old 01-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope so too.

Oh I see, sorry. But yeah, I totally agree! They definitely do that. They throw out one or maybe two singles if they're feeling loose and then when the album doesn't sell millions with minimal promotion, it's bye bye to the artist. It's like having a label and doing label's work was just a hobby for them that they weren't very good at.

You're welcome! It does sound very throwback and Haley's performance was great. Her having a celebrity crush on James Franco was very cute, I love how she was like should she have said the interviewer instead.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh, don't be sorry lol. It probably applies to the way they treat some of the winners too unfortunately.

Haley seemed so upbeat during the interview and it was nice to hear that she still keeps in touch with some of the other contestants too. She's also in a little snippet of the Chicago auditions for season 12.

She didn't hesitate at all either when she said James Franco lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Unfortunately it does.

I liked hearing she keeps in touch with some of her AI buddies too, I always love when they do that. And I loved seeing her on the Chicago auditions episode!

Well, James Franco is pretty hot.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Haley performed Bennie and the Jets on Friday (April 26) in Jakarta as a guest performer on X Factor Indonesia:

Better audio + an interview in the end

I loved her performance of this song on AI and love this too! Great vocals and cool little changes to the song.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Well, James Franco is pretty hot.
He is

Thanks for the video! Really good performance and it looked like she was having fun too. The host sounded like he put her on the spot a little bit by asking if she had voted for anyone yet
Old 04-28-2013, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thanks for the video! Really good performance and it looked like she was having fun too. The host sounded like he put her on the spot a little bit by asking if she had voted for anyone yet
Yeah it did. I love her jazzy vocals. Haha, that was funny that the host asked that and she was like "I just arrived!"
Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That was a really cool performance, thanks for posting!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray