Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Elliott Yamin #6: Because his first single is a HUGE hit!"

Elliott Yamin Appreciation #6 - Because his first single is a HUGE hit!"

* Previous Thread Titles *
#2 - Because we need our funky white boy back!
#3 - Because women want to 'get' with him!
#4 - The E-train is running full speed ahead!
#5- So when are we getting a single, already??

* Special Elliott Quote *
Elliott: (when asked whether he felt a twinge when he saw Katharine and Taylor performing during the finale) I'd be lying if I said I didn't, especially Tuesday night when I was in the audience. There were a few moments [during the competition] when I thought I came really close. But that's a good feeling, not one of regret. Everything happens for a reason.

1. Sheebs
2. Insanitic
3. Mayberry
4. glazed.over
5. Zutfan05
6. Girlfriend
7. |so alive|
8. JENNY_83
9. AR_JJfan
10. deeta
11. GottaLuvJoy23
12. ~*Yuki*~
13. Mei Zhuo
14. ~-Sarah-~
15. StarFan2
16. EphramIsHot
17. SMUSH
18. nidyzy
19. mint chip
20. ericfan1

* Posted by Sheebs *

* Made by glazed.over *

1. Because he's our American Idol.
2. Because he's one heck of a funky white boy!
3. Because he's a man who's not afraid to cry.
4. Because he melts our hearts with his singing.
5. Because he's one of the best sons we've ever seen.
6. Because Claudette is as cute as a button.
7. Because he waves like he means it.
8. Because we've never seen anyone sing with as much sincerity as he does.

Stevie Wonder: (to Elliott) "You should definitely choose this as a profession."

Paula Abdul: (on his performance during the finale) “I loved Elliott’s performance. He’s very confident, sounds great, and absolutely has a bright future ahead of him.”

Katharine McPhee: No, I mean, he's different. He's, cute.

Tony Klisiewicz (Elliott's former employer): “He would be in the back room doing stock and singing. One time I thought it was a recording. He was a fan of music... Seeing it on TV, it becomes real. It’s kind of neat to see it happen. He’s just as genuine as you see on TV. I can’t even tell you what I feel for this kid. He’s a great kid.”.

Taylor Hicks: "I haven't heard a voice, a throat like that in a long, long time. And, you know, I think he's got a little bit more growing to do as a stage performer. And I see him succeeding in recorded music."

Katharine McPhee: "I agree. Though definitely right away, when I first heard him sing, I was like, this guy has an incredible voice. Just -- and so much control with his voice. And he just does these like -- he always is talking and like yelling and stuff like that. And it doesn't matter, he's like, man, my voice is messed up. And then he goes up there, and he's like still amazing. It doesn't matter if it has that like kind of raspy thing because it works with his voice."

Randy Jackson: "Yes, I mean, listen, we loved his voice from day one. I mean, you know, the night of the final, when he sang "House is Not a Home," we were like, whoa, God. I mean, you know, for a second, I thought it was Ruben singing it because Ruben has got that whole like thing. But listen, Elliott can definitely sing. He has a good future for himself. (continued) And I think we all loved him just because he has got such a big heart, and he is such a humble compassionate kid. I mean, you know, people were talking about God, his hair. I meet people out and they are talking about women. And they are saying oh my God, I need to get with him, whatever. And I am like whoa, this is really turning around."

Simon Cowell: (to Elliott) "After five seasons, I think potentially you are the best male vocalist we've ever had."

Ace Young: (to Elliott) "Elliott, what I have to say to you, man, I got to meet you on so many different levels, and when I got to see how you reacted with Stevie Wonder, seeing your idol and literally breaking down and being the biggest heart in the world and that humble kid that loves music. When I got to see that, I knew you could do anything that you want."

Reality TV Magazine: "The most memorable breakout performance goes to Elliott Yamin. [...] During the early stages of the competition, American Idol producers treated Elliott like the invisible man. Even as Elliott quietly made his way into the top four, little was known about his background. That was until Elliott Yamin delivered not one but two show-stopping performances during the Elvis performance show. Elliott went from certain elimination to safety in the top two with Taylor Hicks. As Elliott made his way into the top three, millions of viewers got to watch as he returned to his hometown of Richmond, Virginia to be greeted by thousands of cheering fans. Elliott Yamin went from the finalist that nobody knew to the media darling that everybody loved in the course of a week."

Claudette Yamin: "Before every show, he blows me a kiss. When you see him blowing a kiss at the audience, that's for me. (continued) Elliott is cute; he's getting cuter every week. From the side and the back of his head, I don't recognize him anymore. They have so much product on his hair. But he's still my Elliott. He's on a real high right now. But there's nothing phony about him."

Credit for pics go to Elliott Yamin Online

Last edited by CityGal; 05-04-2017 at 01:08 AM
Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

I'll change the title later... but it's been waiting to be opened for a while.. haha.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Yay, number 6!

Hmmm titles....

"B/c his first single is a HUGE hit!" ????
"B/c he has a ponytail now" ???? (I saw a pic of it, but now I can't find it! Grrr. He looks super cute though!!! )

I suck at titles man
Old 08-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Master Fan

I definitely like the first one.. I'll change it now. Haha!
Old 08-25-2007, 05:59 PM
New Fan

I really like the song....he really has potential.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

I just saw a commercial for his album on TV. I think it was for Target, but I didn't really see it until it was too late.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

I saw one too! It was from Best Buy. It said that he had the "breakout album of 2007" and breakout song too

I just read that his next single is going to be "One Word", out next month. I love that song.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Okay, that's what it was from. I saw it again like 15 minutes later and still didn't figure out what it was for. But the pics and music video clips were hot.

I can't wait or the new single to come out.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Addicted Fan

I can't wait either. I loved his first single.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

I was listening to the Diva radio station today, and there is like a techno remix of "Wait for You." It's actually pretty awesome. I could totally be late on this, but I just thought I'd say that I liked it.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new thread! I'm happy to see that the E thread is still up and going. I love Wait For You and can't wait for the next single. So happy that he's finally getting all the recognition he deserved,
Old 09-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I know, I'm so glad that Elliott is making a name for himself outside of AI. He really deserved to make it to the end, but he's doing great all on him own.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

I just saw the "Wait for you" video, on like, mtv or the n, or something! Yay Elliott!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

I heard the techno version of Wait For You again, and I love it. It always comes on the Diva station here.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

There's a techno version? I had no idea!