Old 09-30-2019, 01:08 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

A special moment for sure

Also, because I have to post this..
Quote:
Somebody found that old eyeliner������ Think I’ll call this alter ego “Hard Marx” ������������ Whatcha think @therichardmarx ?������
#dancetoendalz #alzheimersassociation #80s #purple

He looks like Ben Stiller in Zoolander

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-11-2019, 10:56 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

So I'm watching a show called The Masked Singer, where singers, actors and all kinds of celebrities pick a costume and perform anonymously. The judges try to guess who it is every week and they as well as the audience members vote for their favourite. By the end of each episode, one celeb is unmasked. So watching one of the most recent episodes (and then rewatching an earlier one), the Rottweiler sounds suspiciously like Chris!

| ray
Old 11-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It does sound like Chris a lot! Was it him?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:27 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

We don't know for sure yet, he's still in the competition I do love how the judges are so in awe of him after every single performance, he's definitely a front-runner.

| ray
Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh okay, I thought the singer was revealed in the same episode. Yeah, the judges were definitely very impressed, it will be interesting to find out if it really is Chris.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:35 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

One celebrity, it is the format of a usual competition show where there is a group of contestants on and one (or two) is eliminated every episode. I think it's closing in on the finale so yeah we should know soon

The celebs need to be super secretive about their involvement and the bare minimum of people know who's who and who's on the show (most of them only tell their significant other or ... until they're unmasked). Anyway Chris seems to have been getting a lot of tweets about this and he actually tweeted back

You should definitely be flattered Chris xD

| ray
Old 12-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the info! Hope Chris goes long in the competition (if he indeed is in it xD).

Haha, Chris is pretending to be clueless pretty damn well if he really is one of the contestants.
Old 12-15-2019, 04:21 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Well the Rottweiler made it to the finals, which is Top 3! So that's already beyond the rank Chris got on Idol when he was eliminated earlier than expected.

An emotional performance that was best of the night by far.

(Also it seems other AI fans are already pretty sure who the Rottweiler is too xD The judges are clueless though. This is from MJ's.)
Quote:
On tonight’s (Nov 13) The Masked Singer, the Rottweiler sings Ed Sheeran’s “Castle on the Hill” and makes judge Nicole Scherzinger cry! Having said that, can ANYBODY deny that Rottweiler is American Idol season 5 alum Chris Daughtry? That voice, that passionate delivery, is unmistakable! Based on this performance, I doubt that Chris oops I mean Rottweiler will be leaving the competition.
Quote:
Indeed, for fans of American Idol, it only took a minute to recognize season 5 rocker Chris Daughtry as the singer behind the Rottweiler mask on television’s wackiest singing show.

| ray
Old 12-26-2019, 04:14 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

And we have the reveal! The final judges guesses start at around 1:50 and the actual unmasking at 4:00.

| ray
Old 02-02-2020, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m so late commenting.

Thanks for the videos and comments! So it was Chris! And looks like he didn’t fool any Idol fan. I think it was pretty obvious, his voice is so recognizable. And it’s pretty obvious the judges’ guesses were scripted, they can’t be that clueless.

By the way, who was the fox?
Old 02-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah it was, his voice is quite distinctive and once he let go and just sang, it was hard not to know it is him under that mask. I think it was easier though for us Idol fans, because we listen to him so often, but with the celebs being under that mask, and it can literally be "anyone" not just singers (actors, talk show hosts, athletes etc), it is harder to pinpoint who it is

Here's the Fox's reveal xD

| ray
Old 02-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah he sounded exactly like himself, there were no mistaking. Okay, you’re probably right. But the judges’ guesses don’t even remotely sound like him. xD

Thanks for the link, it was interesting to find out.

Btw, a Finnish version of this show will begin in March.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:00 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

They tend to do that when they have no idea who it is xD They threw wild guesses about the Robot this season: Johnny Knoxville, Steve O, and Floyd Mayweather, and it turned out to be Lil Wayne

You're welcome, and yeah he was a showman which is why him winning wasn't a surprise. Although there was Peacock in the first season and he was just as much of a showman if not more, and he ended up in second place (It was Donny Osmond).

Oh cool! It's such a wild and fun show. And ever since people saw how popular it got, we've been getting a LOT more familiar faces than the first season, so yours might already be at that point.

| ray
Old 03-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay that makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were told to make outrageous guesses. xD

I guess winning it depends on multiple factors, not just being the best showman though no doubt that is a quality that will take you far in a competition like this.

The first episode of our version aired last Saturday. It was fun (and a welcome distraction in the current situation)! I don’t know if we’ll have enough stars who are recognizable but not too much, you know? We’ll see.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:20 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

That is a possibility too

Yeah it really depends on each contestant specifically, how much people are able to connect and root for them while under that mask and them not knowing who they are.

Oh cool, enjoy Yeah I get that, people might not know if a show like this is for them, but if it gets as popular as the original one was in its first season, then you'll find more in the next ones

| ray