Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Chanel Cole: We don't ever want her to STOP

Thought I'd go ahead and start a separate thread for us to drool in so we don't have to torture the other poor Aussies anymore than we already have.

Icon by Shannon

Wallpapers by Phee

800 x 600
1024 x 768

800 x 600
1024 x 768

Let the worship commence......
Old 10-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Chanel

Name two things Australia Doesn’t Know About You
1. I went to 12 different schools.
2. Every goldfish I have ever owned has died pretty quickly

Describe these Idols in one sentence.
Courtney - Every bit as sweet as you'd imagine.
Casey - A beautiful, still quality - you can see it in her eyes.
Anthony - Very dedicated and focused young boy.
Marty - Impossible to dislike, he's your classic all round good guy.
Ricki-Lee - Joyous, a naughty girl with a heart of gold.
Hayley - Kindest nature, a true loyal friend

Did You Know...
Chanel spent one bad year at a jazz school in Christchurch, New Zealand, which put her off of singing for a year.

Chanel "I am a diva"

She has been called a prima donna and a diva, now Chanel Cole has a chance to defend herself.

"If having an opinion, as a woman, earns you the title of being a diva then I suppose I'm happy to wear it." Chanel says. "I don't throw tantrums, I don't believe in making demands and I don't believe in being rude to people. But I do believe you have to take an interest in what is going on around you because otherwise you will end up as a pawn."

The 26-year-old singer is getting tired of the constant criticism. "I read the website forums and people there talk about me being a freak and fake, which really upsets me." she says "I think everyone has the right to be treated as an individual. I'm not asking them to dress like me and I don't feel like I need to impose my philosophy on anybody else. You have to do what makes you comfortable."

The stress of being part of Australian Idol is starting to take its toll on Chanel. "I knew going into Idol that it would be a circus and, to a certain extent, a feeding frenzy." she says "It is all of those things and that's when I find it hard. There is just no way to physically, emotionally or mentally prepare for what happens when you become part of the fishbowl that is Australian Idol."

The other thing upsetting her is the intrusion on her personal life, especially her family. "There are some things I will fight to keep private." Chanel says "My family didn’t sign up for this, so that is something I’m quite protective about."

Although it seems that the whole process is getting her down, Chanel understands that being part of Idol is a great opportunity and that there are sacrifices she has to make if she wants her singing career to take off.

"I love the opportunity that the show presents, I love being able to work with a band and I love being able to sing every Sunday. That's what gets me through." she says.

"But I'm quite a private person and being part of such a public arena is something that I find difficult because it is not something that comes naturally to me. It is a sacrifice you have to make though."
Old 10-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

hee! A Chanel thread

thanks Phee
Old 10-22-2004, 05:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

I figured we could do with one.

New wp, (I'm on a bit of a roll )

800 x 600
1024 x 768
Love that quote.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

I love it Phee

So what does everyone think of her song choice for Sunday?

I've been listening to a .mp3 of the rehearsal, and it sounds good.

I didn't get what they were laughing at when I saw it (the rehearsal) but I can hear John saying "No I didn't" after the 'cheated on me' line, and "what house?" after that line...
Old 10-22-2004, 06:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks.

I'll have to download the mp3 of the rehearsal. I loved it how she said very matter of factly that if a guy cheats on you, you should just dump him.

At first I was really unsure about the song choice. I was expecting her to go for a classic soul song, not modern R&B. I don't really like the song either. It's one of those songs that will make me turn off the radio if it comes on. But if anyone can make me like it, it's Chanel.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

Freaking SWEET! Oh, I'm going to love it here.

I need to go download the rehearsal, too. I was at a play last night.

The new wallpaper is AWESOME. I need to get around to making some, hee!
Old 10-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Elite Fan

picture time!

Old 10-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Hot damn, damn, DAMN!

2nd one: Lower the camera, man, LOWER!
3rd one: That skirt needs to be much, much shorter.

I tried my hand at a wallpaper. I don't like it, but maybe you guys will.

Last edited by **Shannon**; 10-23-2004 at 12:13 AM
Old 10-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ooooo, pretty pictures.

Shannon, the link doesn't go to a bigger version of the wp. I'm just getting the thumbnail version, (which looks loverly BTW ).

I wonder if she went for the whole fern theme the other week as a homage to her Kiwi roots? The fern is one of their national emblems afterall, (and having been there, I can see why....there are whole bloody forests full of ferns everywhere in NZ ).

Rumour has it that next week is gonna be Big Band. That is SO Chanel, she'd totally own Big Band night, so if she doesn't get through this week, then I may just cry!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Ooops, hehe! It's all good now.

Hmm, that's a good point, about the fern thing. Yaaay, Chanel!

Big Band? Awesome. She should sing SLTT. Actually, no. It wouldn't suit her voice.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

SLTT? You're gonna hafta translate. The heat today has fried my brain and I can't decipher what song title that stands for.

Ah, yes tis working now. Beautimous!! I like the green.

Damn the way she started History Repeating was hot. Go the silhouette!
Old 10-23-2004, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Ooops, sorry. I always forget that not everyone is obsessed with Kel. SLTT = Stuff Like That There. Bette Midler song, form "For The Boys", I believe. I just know Kelly rocked the house in it on Big Band night.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Ultimate Fan

Ah, yes, I actually downloaded that perf of Kelly's at some point. Might even still have it on the comp. Was awesome.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow Phee and Shannon. Those wallpapers are simply brillant.

It's great to see an Appreciation Thread here for Chanel. She is by far my favourite.

I love her personality and her articulate manner. I love that she symbolises what a modern woman can be - strong, independent and intelligent.

I also adore her taste in music - I feel like she's been stealing from my music collection.

I almost had a heat attack when she sang Across the Universe but then she did Joni Mitchell, you should have seen me. I think my father was preparing to sign the mental institution papers as soon as possible.

I think her performance will be great tonight because I think she will both do something clever with the song but also keep within the refines of the "RnB/Soul" genre.

I really hope she doesnt go tomorrow because I think I will stop watching the show or at least not fret about missing it on a Sunday Night. Plus the fact it is Standards and I would love to hear her sing Dream A Little Dream of Mine.