Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Carrie Underwood Appreciation #5: Because we all like some Carrie with our country.

Welcome to the 5th Carrie Underwood Appreciation thread!

NEWS

Quote:
05/03/07 : Carrie Makes Chart History!
Carrie’s Version of “I’ll Stand by You” Debuts at #6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 – a First for an iTunes Exclusive

Nashville, TN – Two-time GRAMMY winner and reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Carrie Underwood began her career as American Idol’s Season Four winner, and Carrie’s involvement with Idol is making headlines once again as her recording of the Pretenders’ classic, “I’ll Stand by You,” becomes the first iTunes exclusive track to debut in the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Entering the chart at #6 in the Billboard issue dated May 12, “I’ll Stand by You” was recorded by Carrie to accompany footage of her two-day trip to Africa this past April for American Idol’s “Idol Gives Back” charity special. Now available exclusively through the iTunes Store (Apple - iPod + iTunes ) as a fundraiser downloadable as both a video and audio track, “I’ll Stand by You” becomes one of just six digital-only songs ever to debut in the Hot 100 Top 10 and the only track to do so without having been serviced to radio for airplay.

Based on SoundScan sales, the audio track of “I’ll Stand by You” will debut at #2 on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs chart with downloads of 124,496 copies, based on sales from the night of the April 25 Idol episode through this past weekend.

The debut marks not only a remarkable chart feat for Carrie and iTunes, but also a big win for the Charity Projects Entertainment Fund (CPEF), which has partnered with Idol to raise awareness and funds for relief organizations assisting children and young people in extreme poverty in America and Africa.

American Idol Creator and Head of 19 Entertainment, Simon Fuller, enthused, “This is a big moment. The potency of Carrie’s performance on ‘Idol Gives Back’ last week was so strong that it’s set a new milestone for iTunes and is attracting people to music downloads for the first time. More than that, she is pulling in music fans from all over the world. Carrie is a phenomenal talent, a truly gifted singer, and a generous and kind-hearted spirit, so I am delighted to see the success of what her talent is making possible to benefit children in need.”

iTunes is donating net proceeds from the sale of “Idol Gives Back” content to the CPEF. For more information, visit American Idol: Idol Gives Back. For all visitors to iTunes from the American Idol site through May 23, an additional percentage of their total iTunes purchases will also benefit the CPEF.

- From CarrieUnderwood.fm

[Made by to buffyandspike4ever]

Please continue to support Carrie by voting for her current release Wasted on your local music stations.

TV APPEARANCES
None at the moment.

CARRIE SITES
Carrie Underwood Official
Carrie Fans
Carrie Connection
Carrie Media
Carrie's Official Fan Club

Vote for a Carrie Underwood board!

CARRIE FANS
1. Lovely Lauren (Suz)
2. Jay
3. ~Insanity~ (Jen)
4. PaceNJoForever (Myriam)
5. gg_all_da_way
6. *Evie
7. jadorexme (Ashlee)
8. NaiveYetChubby
9. ~Brady~
10. teEnaGe drAma QuEEn
11. -SecretTragedy- (Katie)
12. buffy07
13. LostinKP (Jo)
14. rorygirl
15. Stand by me
16. bhei
17. NickysBuff (Laurie)
18. Buckeye4life (Stacey)
19. Nasty Naughty Boy (Dalibor)
20. Gemini8525 (Lindsay)
21. janeway1390 (Meghan)
22. joiefanforever (Alicia Ann)
23. Eilleen
24. fulladdexlove (Fabiola)
25. SomeHearts
26. "You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" (Naomi)
27. buffyandspike4ever (Nikki)
28. stephrox (Steph)
29. butterflygoodbye (Stina)
30. .: DoDs:.
31. Tara Ashley
32. Claire&CharlieFan4eva (Beth)
33. Courtneyx6
34. Miss_Leonie (Leonie)
35. ~*~_boukjuh~*~ (Boukje)
36. mcgoslinginlove (Steph)
37. hockeycanada87 (Jordyn)
Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for making the new thread! Love the title!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome.

I didn't see anyone around.. so I thought I might as well get it started
Old 07-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wahoo! New thread! Thanks for starting it Mallory!

37 people on our list and 39 people have voted for Carrie. I know some of the ones on the list would have voted elsewhere this month so I wonder who the other people that have voted for her are!
Old 07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great title, guys (Courtney's pick, I think?)

I heard some radio station was going to play her song tomorrow so hopefully it will leak. It looks like good news for those going to her concerts this weekend b/c I think she's going to sing it there. Good luck to those who are going!

Evie
, it's good to know we have more voters than posters, but we should try to get them over to this thread

Shipper of: Logan/Veronica, Jim/Pam, Jack/Kate, Chuck/Sarah, Seth/Summer
Bones/Booth, Sydney/Vaughn , Luke/Lorelai, Lois/Clark, Taylor/Ryan
Icon by: Miss Leonie
Old 07-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooooh, Meghan's going to one of those shows! She can tell us if she sang the new song.

If only we knew who those people were Stacey.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

New thread! Awesome title.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie (View Post)
Ooooh, Meghan's going to one of those shows! She can tell us if she sang the new song.

If only we knew who those people were Stacey.
I'm so excited for tomorrow! I have figured out a way to sneak my camera in so I'll bring back pictures. I hear the security is pretty tight, but if I can't get video of the new single, I will definitely get audio!

I hope we can get our own board soon. It seems like we've been waiting forever!

ETA: Carrie just blogged at the OFC and said the name of the new single is "So Small" and she confirmed that she will play it tomorrow!
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ

Last edited by janeway1390; 07-28-2007 at 12:33 AM
Old 07-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Ahhh thanks for the thread and thanks for the name of the single!! CANNOT WAIT to hear it!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Great news! Hopefully you get your camera in despite the tight security.

I'm glad her first single is one that she co-wrote. I wonder if it's a ballad or up-tempo. If nobody gets any video, I hope that radio station plays it and we can hear it somehow. I heard it's going to radio on Monday so either way I guess we should all hear it by early next week. I'm so excited! (and for you Meghan--Congrats!)

Shipper of: Logan/Veronica, Jim/Pam, Jack/Kate, Chuck/Sarah, Seth/Summer
Bones/Booth, Sydney/Vaughn , Luke/Lorelai, Lois/Clark, Taylor/Ryan
Icon by: Miss Leonie
Old 07-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Woo! That's great news. I can't wait to hear her new single!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Cannot wait!
Old 07-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh wow!! A title, that's something! We're slowly getting more info on the whole thing! I'm excited!
Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Loyal Fan

The new single would be out on the week of July 23!

CMT.com : Carrie Underwood : Message Board
Old 07-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Absolute Fan

I just finished uploading So Small and I'm so excited it's hard to remember everything lol.

We got there pretty early, but by the time we checked out the merchandise booth and met up with members of the fan club to get the glow sticks, it was time for the concert to start. We were two sections back from the stage, so we didn't have great seats, but we were near the center so I was okay with it. Carolina Rain did great. I only knew two of their songs, but they were really energetic so it was entertaining.

About ten minutes before Carrie came on one of the stage guys stood at the top of her steps will the spotlight on him and KNCI started playing "Just to See Her Smile" by Tim McGraw and before he started singing EVERYONE stood up and started yelling. It took them a few minutes to realize it wasn't Carrie, but it was hilarious. When the real Carrie came out everyone stood and cheered again. It was so loud where I was, but it was great. Carrie wore black pants with a blue shirt and suspenders. She had her hair in a ponytail to the side and a black hat on. She looked really cute.

After ISBY she talked about her trip to Africa and Idol gives back. She also talked about how cold it was shooting the vid for DFTRM and how she was glad her mom was there to freeze with her lol. Her into to "So Small" was really cute. She was like "I'm going to tell you guys a story about a girl named Carrie Underwood. She's making her second album and she's like to sing you the first single off it, if that's okay?" Everyone cheered again. I have to say (and so did Carrie) that this way a really great audience. Looking around most of the people were standing up, cheering, and singing along. It was one of the better audiences I have seen.

She sang her usual set, with the addition of "So Small". Seeing "Alone" live was really great. There were also some new arrangements on songs that sounded wonderful. Carrie's stage presence has improved so much since I last so her. I can't wait until her next concert!

My camera cuts out for some reason the 75% of the vid is black, but all the audio is there!

So Small -

YouTube - So Small new CU single

Send big files the easy way with sendspace. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it

LJ

Last edited by janeway1390; 07-29-2007 at 01:32 AM