Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2018, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

That's lovely. Thanks for posting!
Old 06-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Beautiful song

join our communications team | ray
dancing in the rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

It is and she's got such a lovely voice.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 AM
Graphics Team

Yeah definitely.

This is cool xD
Quote:
Been doin the deep clean on the closets over the last few weeks and today got into my dresses and came across the things I wore from way back when I was on good ‘ol American idol So many memories and stories attached to these pieces of clothing. It’s been a long time since I’ve reflected back on the experience. But, I don’t think I will ever get over the fact that it was real and that somehow I managed a place in it all. I could’ve never imagined a gal like me could do a thing like that. It was scary/beautiful/wild/hard/amazing/confidence destroying and building all at once. I’m incredibly thankful that I got to do it, and maybe a little thankful that I don’t have to do it again *♀️it almost did me in anywho, I also just have to say HOW MUCH I appreciate so many of you who have stuck with me/found me after all these years from music to motherhood to @thegirlswithglasses and all the crazy life in between. I admit, Sometimes i don’t know what I’m doing here, so the fact that we still find connection in it all, is nice GRATEFUL I’m really looking forward to finally getting some new tunes to you very soon! Until then, if you want to see a little “behind the dresses”/walk down Idol memory lane, it’s up in the stories (and the highlights)#americanidol

Old 08-19-2018, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

Aw, I remember those dresses, especially the yellow one when she sang Here Comes The Sun on the 2nd Beatles week. And yeah, you could see how nerve-wrecking being on the show was for her, she seemed relieved to be eliminated.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Graphics Team

That's cool you remember them! She does look like the type who wouldn't be too comfortable in that kind of setting

Old 09-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

She had such a lovely style on the show. Yeah it seemed to be too tough for her but she hung on as long as she could.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Graphics Team

She does seem to have a cool style, which can still be seen nowadays

Parenting done right, as it seems she always does xD I love reading about the relationship she has with her daughter, and now son.
Quote:
Let’s talk about Talk Time. I mentioned it a few posts back, how it was inspired by my experience of sitting at the foot of my parents bed and talking to them most nights before I went to sleep. My childhood had its challenges, but this had an important effect on my life. So at the end of last school year I started doing this with my kids. After the nightly fight to please just put on the stinkin’ jammies, brush the teeth, put on sleepy sauce (lavender) on their feet, I zip sonny into his sleep sack and tuck London into her bed, I lay next to her with sonny and we say prayers, then, it’s talk time. And this is the time London really loves to talk forget trying to get a word out of her after school, or when she’s doing her art or watching her show, but come talk time, she is ready to chat hard*♀️This is when all the good stuff gets said and the questions come out. And She regularly baffles me with her funny smart thing she says and I’m intrigued by the thoughts of her little inner world. Yeah, kids are not idiots or as oblivious as we think. they are picking stuff up faster than we realize and “yikes” to that. It‘s also time to hear her talk about things that are troubling her, and we try to work through it out loud. Sonny tries to keep up and let’s out little rambles and I can hardly make out a work but he’s got a lot to say too We also do this some mornings for a few minutes, except in my bed. A few days ago London asked me “mom why are there hairs growing in your nose holes?!” And “I hope that never happens to me when I grow up” I informed her that she already has a couple, and thats life, and that they protect our nose from germs and stuff i probably should google it cause i don’t have all the answers.*♀️ I also just want to say, that there are many nights I am just DONE by bedtime and I feel like skipping it or rushing through the routine so I can clock out of mom duty and do my things & watch bachelorAnd yeah some nights i do. And many to most days I will really feel like i dropped the ball and missed the mark in my motherhood and adulting, BUT, I’ve yet to regret a night of talk time, and it feels like one thing we are doing right

Old 09-09-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

Aw, that it so sweet and definitely means a world to the kids (and her too of course), I'm sure they will look back at that with fond memories when they grow up.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Graphics Team

Definitely, and it will get them used to the idea of talking to her so it would be a normal thing even when they're older.

Old 09-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

Exactly, it builds trust.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:24 PM
Graphics Team

This must have been fun
Quote:
Last week I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn’t go back to sleep (insomniac since 5th grade) and while I was laying there at 2am I had this vision in my head of my band wearing matching western shirts with the embroidered roses and cowboy hats for the show. So, of course I did what any insomniac does best and went online shopping I hopped on amazon prime and boom, found them for a smokin’ good deal. Before I knew it they were in my cart, Two days later they were on my doorstep.

And thanks to these good lookin cowboys and cowgirl, for humoring me and going along with it Cause i don’t know, maybe matching western shirts and hats is super corny country but all I have to say is when everyone had their whole get-up on it was cooler IRL than my 2am vision, and These pictures make me truly happy... cause just like my favorite Garth Brooks (billy Joel) song, I’M SHAMELESS, when it comes to being matchy matchy,*♀️you just got to really get into it and do it for realLove playing music with these people.
It’s fun #calico

Old 09-30-2018, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

Aw, too bad she had insomnia but that was a pretty funny idea and they look great with the matching shirts and hats.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:37 AM
Graphics Team

Yeah they look like a legit Country band

Old 12-02-2018, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
American Idol

They do, like a vintage one.