Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by funktified:
<STRONG>That boy has far too much time on his hands!</STRONG>
WORD! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>
Is it just me or does he look like k.d. lang in this pic?</STRONG>
Dude, that's freaky!! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Separated at birth much?! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

There's this article in today's Sydney paper about Shannon recording his album. Talks about this song called "Drive" that he's recording, which Bryan Adams wrote. Now, as a BA fan who was none too happy with Shannon's version of "Please Forgive Me" I've just gotta say that I pray he doesn't bugger this BA song up, too. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>Now, as a BA fan who was none too happy with Shannon's version of "Please Forgive Me" I've just gotta say that I pray he doesn't bugger this BA song up, too. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Picky [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yup. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Have been a BA groupie for years and get peeved whenever anyone does a crappy cover of one of his songs *cough*DJSami'sdanceversionofHeaven*cough*, so Shannon's not gonna escape my critical ears either. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm actually interested to hear what the song is like though, coz it might give an indication as to the kinda style Bryan's next album is gonna be like. Shannon said it's a real rock song, which sounds promising. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 06:33 AM
Supreme Fan

Here's the article Phee was talking about i think.

Noll ready to walk the talk
By Christine SamsJanuary 12, 2004 The Sun-Herald

On song ... Australian Idol runner-up Shannon Noll in the recording studio last week. Photo: Fiona Lee-Quimby

Shannon Noll has been laying down tracks at a studio in Neutral Bay for his debut album That's What I'm Talking About.

Noll gave S a sneak preview of some of his songs, including a track written by rock superstar Bryan Adams, during a recording session last week.

The song, called Drive, is expected to be one of Noll's key singles after he releases his debut CD through BMG next month. It is likely to be the follow-on track from his single What About Me, the song that won him a legion of fans during the Australian Idol contest.

"There's one song called Drive and I was listening to the demo going, 'I know that bloke's voice'. Turned out to be Bryan Adams. He and another bloke wrote it," Noll said. "It's a real rocky song, the right musical style. I was going 'Wow, I can't believe that'."

Unlike Guy Sebastian, who had only six days to record his debut album, Noll has had a little longer to refine the tracks chosen for his CD.

"I've had a bit longer. All our tracks have had to be built from the ground up, so it's taken a little bit more time," he said. "Anyone who's had the time to listen to the [finished] tracks are all of the opinion that it's going to be a really well-rounded album, not just one you buy for one song or two songs. What About Me is the only cover, otherwise they're all originals."

The singer, from Condoblin in rural NSW, moved to Sydney three weeks ago and is renting a house with his partner Rochelle and children Cody and Blake.

He said media commentators were incorrect to refer to him as a country music singer simply because he grew up in the bush (and fair enough, too).

"I mean, I'm a country bloke but my preference with music lies with rock and pop-rock," he said. "So the songs I'm doing now, a lot of them are a bit poppy, there's a couple of ballads, then there's the one that's really rocked up by Bryan Adams.

"I've got a really good range. They're the things I wanted to play. I'm sitting back going 'Wow, I can't believe it's all turned out this way' and I'm playing the songs that I like."

So does Noll think he'll make it to No. 1 with That's What I'm Talking About when it is released on February 9?

"Mate, I just don't know, it's hard to say," he said. "I just hope all the people who supported me through it enjoy it. At the end of the day they were my fan base who I was lucky enough to get through the show. But I think they will like it; hopefully lots of people will."

Although he remains good friends with singer Kasey Chambers and her husband Cori Hopper, Noll said he didn't seek any advice from Chambers during the recording process. "I didn't want to be ringing her up every five minutes and asking her about this or that, because she's got the little fella [son Talon] and she's having time off."

But the singer is quietly confident his own voice will make a huge impact on the Australian music scene. "I'll be stoked if it goes well," he said.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 01-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the article! I hope Shannon does well too! I'll definately be buying his single & I'm interested in hearing what his album will be like.

I wish him the best of luck!

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leighanna
Old 01-12-2004, 07:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi guys! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm kinda new here...

Anyways, I have a couple of friends who want to audition for Aus Idol 2. Does anybody here know when does the audition start?!

[ 01-12-2004: Message edited Lady Andhiriel ]

...Officialy Folked...
Old 01-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for Shannons album to be released! I am definitely buying it!
And his single will be released in stores soon! I am getting excited... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] move over Guy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the Shannon article, I can't wait to buy his single & I'll probably get the album too. Gotta support the Idol talent - Except Millsy *shudder* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Hi there Lady Andhiriel! Welcome to the thread! I'm not quite sure about the next auditions, but keep an eye on the official site. They may have something up soon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 01-13-2004, 02:26 AM
Supreme Fan

Well the milsy haters, are going to be ohhh so happy about this news.... not! :tounge:

Millsy's big deal

The Australian Idol finalist's star is set to rise even higher once his new album is released.

Get set to hear a lot more of Millsy in the future. The cheeky Australian Idol finalist has scored a recording contract with BMG.

"The guy's a superstar. He's shagged Paris Hilton!", says Ian Dicko Dickson, Idol judge and BMG's general manager of marketing.

"He's a fantastic PR machine. He's likeable, sexy, charming and funny. And with the right record, we could have a lot of success with him."

Rob "Millsy" Mills finished fifth in Australian Idol, behind Guy Sebastian and Shannon Noll, who both have contracts with BMG, and Cosima de Vito and Paulini Curuenavuli, who dont.

"Guy, Millsy and Shannon are three very different artists that exist and occupy different parts of the market." says Dicko.

From this weeks TV Week

[ 01-13-2004: Message edited Digital Dreams ]

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 01-13-2004, 02:38 AM
Master Fan

You must go hunt down Millsie if he lives near you and throw devilled eggs at his car [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (like in Gilmore Girls)
Old 01-13-2004, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

So it is true [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

hmm...I thought there were others Dicko wanted to sign more *coughBekandCosimacough*

Well congrats to him anyway [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 02:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Cosima's not signed? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Huh. I thought she would have been, the judges loved her.

So, AuI concert coming up soon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 01-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

I cant believe they have only signed up the boys so far... If Paulini & Cossima dont get signed then BMG dont know true talent.

After all, its not like they chose Guy... we did that for them [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Master Fan

millsy has a recording contract, and cosima and paulini dont.. [img]smilies/hammer_head.gif[/img]

so wrong, so very very wrong
Old 01-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

I read that in the TV WEEK... which lead to me throwing the TV WEEK across the room. I understand the marketing aspect behind it, but they should really go for someone with more talent like Paulini. And what's it saying only signing up boys? (Not that I'm not thankful for Guy, GodBlessGuy [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] ).
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194