Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season XIV Grand Finale ~ Winner Revealed!

American Idol Season 14 Top 03 Perform
Reprise Song / Simon Fuller's Choice / Coronation Song
May 12th, 2015

Recap!

Previous Performances

March 11 ~ Top 12 Perform >> Theme: Get the Party Started >> Song Choices >> Recap
March 18 ~ Top 11 Perform >> Theme: Songs From The Movies >> Song Choices >> Recap
March 25 ~ Top 11 Redux Perform >> Theme: Songs From The 80's >> Song Choices >> Recap
April 1 ~ Top 9 Perform >> Theme: Kelly Clarkson Songs >> Song Choices >> Recap
April 8 ~ Top 8 Perform >> Theme: Billboard Hot 100 >> Song Choices >> Recap
April 15 ~ Top 7 Perform >> Theme: American Classics >> Song Choices >> Recap
April 22 ~ Top 6 Perform >> Theme: Arena Anthems >> Song Choices >> Recap
April 29 ~ Top 5 Perform >> Theme: Judges' Hometowns/Contestants' Soul >> Song Choices >> Recap
May 06 ~ Top 4 Perform >> Theme: Scott Borchetta's Choice / Judges' Choice / Hometown's Choice >> Song Choices >> Recap

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 05-13-2015 at 02:03 PM
Old 03-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quick recap:
  • Rayvon: One of my favourite things about him is still the tone of his voice, it's so smooth and pretty to listen to. Good song and performance.
  • Maddie: I liked that she changed the tempo of her performances, she did well but she'll become more comfortable on stage if she sticks around.
  • Joey My favourite of the night, loved the version of the song she sang and her atitude throughout was perfect for the song.
  • Clark: Okay song choice, good vocals and loved him playing the piano.
  • Jax: Wasn't a fan of her song choice, it didn't fit her style too well and her performance was affected by that. I feel like if she wanted to do something current, an Ed Sheeran or Sam Smith song would be perfect for her.
  • Quaasim: Agreed with Harry, it didn't seem he was very connected with the song. I wonder if he's going to pull off a "slower" song if he doesn't do all the theatrics.
  • Adanna: Much better control with the mic left on the stand and her not moving around much. She did well.
  • Tyanna: This girl kills any song she sings, great vocals and overall performance.
  • Daniel: Yes he has good musicality and "is adorable" but I still don't think he was ready this year. It still feels too rehearsed and even his voice hasn't been "broken" properly.
  • Quentin: I liked the song choice for him but maybe on a different theme night. I wasn't a fan of that particular arrangement but I'm still glad he made it.
  • Nick: Good song choice for his style and voice, good performance.

I liked Sarina's performance too, she definitely should have made Top 11, possibly in place of Daniel. I wish the audience gave her a chance.

| ray
Old 03-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

thanks for the new thread

watching the epp now

It looks like the show wants a girl to win this year!

the Best movie night epp. ever Season 2 with Clay and Ruben,
Old 03-20-2015, 07:39 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

No problem. I'll be catching up this weekend.

I read they saved Quaasim though. They didn't save Sarina after just one bad week but they save him? I know he's a good performer but even Harry said the vocals are lacking. What if one of the better vocalists get eliminated in the coming weeks like Jax, Tyanna, Joey, Clark etc.

| ray
Old 03-26-2015, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

the controversial song, Push it---Salt and Pepper, an 80s group...is still being used in ads today.... my choir teacher back in middle school let the class listen to it on Free Song Day: Bring in a song and the class can listen to it....
Old 03-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

without having watched the latest ep i can already picture what each performance will be like. not sure if thats a good thing

originally was rooting for rayvon but hes pretty boring. now going for clark and tyanna.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

They actually weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. Favourites of the night were Quentin, Jax and Clark.

Quick recap for 80's night:
  • Daniel - It's really time for him to go. Yes he is talented for his age but he has a long way to go before he's right for this. The fact that he's "adorable" shouldn't be his saving grace for so long.
  • Quentin - "In the Air Tonight" - I just love his showmanship and eventhough he's very theatrical and dramatic, it works for him. This was one of my favourite performances by him.
  • Joey - This had the potential of being a great song for her but something went wrong, it was kind of all over the place.
  • Tyanna - She did really well with that song, it fit her style and her vocals were great on it.
  • Jax - She had a couple rough weeks but she's back. I wasn't sure about that song being performed on the piano but she did amazing, she was able to capture the right mood for it and loved her attitude while singing it.
  • Nick - This is my favourite performance of his, the song fir him perfectly and he seemed comfortable performing it, and like Harry said, his vocals were great.
  • Clark - One of my favourite songs and I loved his performance, the key change back to the original one he chose was good because it suited the whole thing.
  • Qaasim - Better vocals this time around but I haven't been excited by his performances the last couple of times.
  • Rayvon - Yes he's become quite monotone and as much as I love his voice, it's starting to sound all the same to me. If he did get to perform this week, it'll be interesting to see how he fares with that Kelly song.
Excited about the Kelly episode that aired this week, will catch up tomorrow. And will update the thread tonight.

| ray
Old 04-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the Kelly Clarkson themed episode...all of them had a hard time adjusting to the different Arrangements to the KC songs
Old 04-08-2015, 10:31 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I thought some did well and had good performances, but yeah not all of them.

My favourites were Clark and Joey, I also liked Jax and Quentin.
  • Nick - Good performance, last week was still my favourite of his, it did seem like he was 'catching his breath' singing this.
  • Jax - This was a great choice for her, loved her voice on it, but she had a few moments of inconsistency with her singing. Hope she can work on that because it's happened a few times now.
  • Tyanna - Great voice and performance, it needed a bit more edge but I guess for her "experience level" it was better than rehearsal.
  • Joey - Really cool rendition of this song, I love that she was comfortable performing this and it showed.
  • Quentin - Loved this song for him, perfect for his dramatic performances. The vocals in moments weren't the best but I liked it.
  • Quaasim - Was not a fan of this rendition, especially since he doesn't have the chops to pull it off.
  • Clark - He's really on a roll. This was another great performance and he sang it so well.
  • Daniel - It felt like he was drowning in this song, still the same comments as before, he's talented but far from ready for AI.
  • Rayvon - Pretty rendition, fit his voice really well. I hope he changes it up a bit next week.

Random note:
  • Not a fan of the chair gimmicks, this is not The Voice
  • Kelly was awesome during both performances, she is the Queen for a reason. Also, love how it went totally full circle with her performing At Last.
  • Also liked her during mentoring, she was so adorable.

| ray
Old 04-11-2015, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Random note:
  • Not a fan of the chair gimmicks, this is not The Voice
That, plus the #IdolSave fan vote annoys me because that is what The Voice does as well. But if it saves Clark if/when he's in the bottom 2, then I will be all for it.

Clark is by far my favorite this year! (Side note: He graduated from the same college I went to! & is also following me on Twitter! )

Nick is my 2nd favorite, then Tyanna. I wouldn't mind seeing Quentin, Joey, & Rayvon going and in that order.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 04-13-2015, 02:25 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I didn't know that about The Voice and now it annoys me more than it did before

Clark is fantastic He's the one who is favored to win at this point which is understandable, he's been doing so well each week so far.

| ray
Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

people should not do My Funny Valentine on American Idol
Old 04-19-2015, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Clark was so awesome! Loved his performance
Tyanna was wonderful! Love that song! Love her voice! And how she ended that song wow!
Jax was really cool! Nice song choice!
Joey was good. She looked great!
Nick has a really good voice. Love the timbre.
Quentin was okay. Loved the song Are You Gonna Go My Way but he could have
Rayvon has a really good voice. Didn`t know the songs he sang but he did a good job.

I`m not surprised when Clark wins that thing! He´s just great! But I would also love to see Tyanna win.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spoiler:
Old 04-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think Idol handled that so badly and basically threw Quentin under the bus. First they push him to talk more when he's clearly upset then they do a promo with the incident then start the episode with it, seriously? Did they not learn that all this "drama" just makes people turn away from Idol and not bring in more viewers?

I'll do a quick recap of my favourites from the last couple of episodes when I watch the latest one.

| ray